Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #7041
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Caterina and Rita. Your support and helpful comments mean so much and I am happy to read your replies. Thank you Rita. I did not know about levoxyl. I will be getting a test soon, and at least I will be able to ask about this on my next visit. I am getting the impression they really don't offer much in acknowledging different approaches to thyroid unforunately. So this is very helpful to me.

love
Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #7042
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Shirl, I started on zocor many years ago...probably around 17 years ago, but there was no generic then. Once there was a generic I switched to simvastatin and don't notice any side effects.
Thanks Kathy. I started a small amount last night. Will see how it goes. Time alone will tell. This morning I was meditating on God has promised to meet all my needs today because I don't know which way is up regarding dealing with the health issues.

Shirl
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #7043
Proud Fan Club Member

Forgot to say, I got the generic as well....

Shirl
Old 06-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #7044
Insane Embellisher

Will pray for wisdom for you Shirl! I was told by my Thyroid doc, that cholesterol drugs wouldn't do much cause it was caused by my thyroid...but not clear right now if it was cause it was out of wack the other way from to many thyroid drugs or if it would be that way either way. Haven't gone to see him since I refused to take the meds he wants me too at this time. Not sure if you could look that up online and find out if it could be true or not...but if it is, then why take the drugs would be MY question!
Stamping Servant and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #7045
Proud Fan Club Member

Deb, that is very interesting! I had read that if one is hypothyroid, the LDL does not clear out of our bodies, but when I told that to the dr. yesterday, he did not think that was true. I don't know what is causing my high cholesterol, but it did lower when I was on the crestor. The dr. said lipitor is the worst for side effects by the way. And I think Crestor is too. What does he want you to take, may I ask? But please don't feel you have to say.

Shirl
Old 06-10-2017, 04:05 AM   #7046
Insane Embellisher

He was wanting me to take a blood pressure med, and synthroid...but after the last med he had me on temporarily cause of my fast heart beat from to much of my desiccated...since they didn't test me but once a year, I decided to wait a while...couldn't handle the side effects that it gave me so didn't want to go having others with new meds right now.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #7047
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoxie View Post
He was wanting me to take a blood pressure med, and synthroid...but after the last med he had me on temporarily cause of my fast heart beat from to much of my desiccated...since they didn't test me but once a year, I decided to wait a while...couldn't handle the side effects that it gave me so didn't want to go having others with new meds right now.
Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear you are going through all of this. I think they should test more often than once a year, when it one is getting problems. Do you take magnesium? I just googled the different types of magnesium. There are many different magnesiums available. This one mentions blood pressure.
Magnesium Taurate: Both magnesium and the amino acid taurine share the ability to improve cardiac function; each has a potentiating effect on insulin sensitivity and also a calming effect on neuromuscular excitability. The actions of both have striking similarities when it comes to cardiovascular health. They both have blood pressure reducing effects, stabilize nerve cells, improve the contraction of the heart muscle and have an anti-thrombotic effect.7 Additionally, low levels of vitamin B6 have been shown to further deplete both magnesium and taurine.

The one I am taking is magnesium bisglycinate, but now having read this I am going to ask about it at my health store.

Shirl
Stamping Servant, smileyj and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #7048
Insane Embellisher

Well thats interesting, hadn't heard that before. I'm taking the glycinate form now, but...will have to look into that more. Started taking another amino acid or some such thing for it, but not sure it's working. Haven't kept good track actually, keep forgetting and been sick a couple times in the last month which slows me down so I have to try and catch up on stuff...so totally space it out. Will have to try to do better, and look into other things that will help. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #7049
Proud Fan Club Member

I bought some bisglycinate with taurine in it today. That was about the closest I could find. Although they would probably be able to order the magnesium taurate if I asked. Sorry you have been sick a few times too. That really throws one off, I know. I do keep you in my prayers, Deb. Hugs,

Shirl
Arlene_C and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #7050
Stazon Splitcoast

We need prayer:
My mom is sick today and dad gout is action up,
and bare get around. So I am not have good day!
Thanks Linda
shirlb19 likes this post.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #7051
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

So sorry, Linda, you and your family continue to go through so many difficulties. Leaving much love, hugs, support and prayers.
Arlene_C and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #7052
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for you Linda and asking the Lord to lift all of us up, me included.

Shirl
Arlene_C likes this post.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #7053
Insane Embellisher

Prayers for you and your family Linda!
Old 06-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #7054
Insane Embellisher

I would like to ask for prayers. I had a fight with my Dad a couple weeks ago, and because I've been sick I haven't been back over there yet to see if he's speaking to me. But...it appears my SIL isn't, as I just found out she had blocked me on facebook cause it "stressed her out". I guess I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does...had high hopes we could be friends/sisters, but...hasn't happened, and guess it won't for sure now. So...anyway, kinda down on myself right now, and my hubby is out of town at a funeral (I couldn't go cause I'm STILL having issues and can't get that far from a bathroom grrr) so he can't cheer me up. My brother hasn't talked to me since either...except to answer my test when I asked about his wife and tell me she was stressed out. So, yep...love my family, but boy howdy, I can't handle the stress right now with being sick and maybe I shouldn't have fought with my Dad, but it is what it is, and had nothing to do with her. So...prayers I can LET IT GO would be appreciated!

Also prayers that we can actually afford to finish getting ready for my parents 50th anniversary party in September, since my brother doesn't appear to want to help any with the expenses (It's not like I'm going all out, but it still costs a bit for everything), and what he DID promise to do (the cake) he may not after this. Think the stress of worrying about the party, and my Dad and now this is just getting to much...no wonder I haven't been able to get far from the bathroom for the last almost week.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #7055
Stazon Splitcoast

linda- praying for your family

Deb- I've been wondering how things were going!

Shirl- my thoughts are with you tonight!

I am asking for prayers. My brother just has colon cancer and non-hogkins lymphoma. He has surgery on Monday. He comes home tomorrow. The dr are hopeful. They did remove 16 ft of colon. My favorite sister in law had surgery on Thursday. The surgeon remove 1/3 of her lung.My sister Kay< whom many of you sent cards to, is still struggling with the side effects of chemo.
Finally- prayers for myself. I have an infection that doesn't seem to be healing. The meds just aren't working.
Thanks

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 06-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #7056
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for all these requests.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #7057
Insane Embellisher

Ahh so sorry to hear all that Joan, will certainly lift you and your family up in pray!
Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #7058
Stazon Splitcoast

Another health issue to pray about... my youngest son was just diagnosed with a rare liver disease. Evidently, he has had it his whole life. it has mimicked all the symptoms of severe asthma and anemia. He has been ill since he had Mono this winter. I feel bad. He had rod and fusion surgery as a 15 yr old. It was from the base of his brain to three vertebrae below his waist. This kid has been thru a lot. However, he has had many great accomplishments including a Masters Degree in Music Education. Please pray for Ryan! DH is taking it hard as he once again believes he caused it. That ugly PSTD.

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #7059
Proud Fan Club Member

Joan, will be praying for all of what you have posted. So sorry to hear your infection is taking so long to go away. Lifting you up for healing and your son, Ryan, and Kay and your other family members.

Deb, praying for you and your family too!

Shirl
dapperdoxie likes this post.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #7060
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Another health issue to pray about... my youngest son was just diagnosed with a rare liver disease. Evidently, he has had it his whole life. it has mimicked all the symptoms of severe asthma and anemia. He has been ill since he had Mono this winter. I feel bad. He had rod and fusion surgery as a 15 yr old. It was from the base of his brain to three vertebrae below his waist. This kid has been thru a lot. However, he has had many great accomplishments including a Masters Degree in Music Education. Please pray for Ryan! DH is taking it hard as he once again believes he caused it. That ugly PSTD.

Oh, Joan, so so so sorry for all that is going on with Ryan and how your mother's heart must be hurting. Sending much love, hugs, support and prayers.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #7061
Proud Fan Club Member

Joan, lifting Ryan up and asking God to be at his side through anything he must endure. Praying for all requests and also praising God for his goodness in listening and loving us through it all.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #7062
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Am still dealing with severe gastric/bowel problems and have another call in to my gastro guy. My grandson, Alexander, will be graduating from Ft. Benning next week and so want to be well enough to drive down there for the event.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #7063
Proud Fan Club Member

Caterina, I will pray specifically that you can attend. I'm so grateful we serve a God is able to do immeasurably more than we can imagine.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #7064
Insane Embellisher

Joan, so sorry to hear your news, will be sending up prayers for you and your family!

Caterina, will also pray you get to go to your grandson's graduation!
Old 06-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #7065
Stazon Splitcoast

Mom is better but dad is not! He can't walk and so dad went back to doctor today. Mom had pick him up from the doctor office he could diver home. Mom is subposted go Tulsa OK tomorrow. I don't see how going to happen. We might have cancel and reschedule her appointment. I don't see how we going make the 5 and 1/2 trip. prayer that my parents will use wisdom on this matter.
Thanks Linda
Old 06-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #7066
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, sorry to hear this. Is there anyone (siblings or maybe a church member) who could drive you all to Tulsa? I know when my parents were having health issues, I dropped everything to help them. I know people don't like to use vacation time for these things, but sometimes you have to put yourself aside and do what is right.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #7067
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't post often, but I read your requests and stop to pray for you all. You do not go unnoticed. Love and prayers for you all.
dapperdoxie likes this post.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #7068
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying for all of you Linda, to have wisdom and strength and solutions for this.

Shirl
Old 06-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #7069
Stazon Splitcoast

Well mom said we are still go Tulsa OK tomorrow, And appointment well not be cancel. this will be 4th treatment. and she have 5 before they will test. to see the treatment is doing any good. I sure hope so, because we need good news. And need good news. We all need a break from all the health issues. I know that!! Thanks Linda
Old 06-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #7070
Stazon Splitcoast

praying for everyone!

Thanks for praying for my family. It seems there is an awful lot happening all at once!

Joan
Arlene_C and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #7071
Proud Fan Club Member

Joan, it seems to happen like that all the time. Not one thing to deal with at a time, but a boatload of things. Just remember we have a God who can help no matter how many things are thrown at us in a day! Praying for all of your requests today.
Arlene_C, caterinafmig and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #7072
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning everyone. I have a friend coming over today, and she is unravelling due to her house being on the market and it has completely stressed her out. She is a christian and I am asking for prayer to break this thing she has on her. Please pray that God will minister to her through me and that she will be able to turn this thing around. She has had issues before with spiralling down in the past. She is a strong christian. But she certainly does not feel like that right now.

I watched a program awhile ago, and the woman on the program said "I can't unravel, I am hemmed in by hope"...I love that. But we all know when you are in the hole, it is hard to hear that and receive it......

Shirl
caterinafmig and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #7073
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I will stop and pray right now.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #7074
Proud Fan Club Member

The thought that just popped into my head just now is that sometimes the best we can do is to listen. We may not have answers, but we have ears and a heart.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #7075
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Kathy......I love that I can come on here and ask my prayer warriors for help!

God bless you,
Shirl
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #7076
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, thank you!! I think that is from God for me. I had talked to her last night for a long while. So right now, I am kind of worn out and did not even go to bed till 2 last night. And we did not make a plan to get together today. BUT that thought was in my mind that she might phone me today to want to come over. I had the thought last night to wash her feet if she came over. I have never done that before but I am planning on doing it. I just googled the spiritual meaning of it all.

Shirl
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #7077
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Shirl, washing her feet will be powerful for both of you. We did a feet washing many years ago in our church during a prayer meeting and it truly was an uplifting experience.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #7078
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Caterina. Coralie is her name and she just phoned that she is on her way over. I told her I was going to wash her feet and she was happy to hear it.

Thank you for praying!

Shirl
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #7079
Insane Embellisher

Prayers going up for all of you! Shirl, we actually wash each others feet every year when we celebrate Passover, have since I was a child and it continued when I got married. So nice of you to do it for your friend!

Linda, hope your parents are doing better! I prayed for you yesterday, just didn't get on here and say so.
smileyj and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #7080
Proud Fan Club Member

Just checking in. Thank you everyone for all your prayers. The day together settled very well and I for one felt the peace. Coralie was happy to have her feet washed and she read what I had printed out about the meaning of it all. We spent 10 hours together, ate meals, got out for a walk, listened to gospel songs. There was one that came on on the folk music channel I listen to called No Depression (in heaven)...It got us dancing, the melody was so good. She and I enjoyed the day so much. She still needs prayer though for finances, house selling, needs a car. She did mention that on Tues. night when she went to bed she could sense people's prayers. So our Wed. was a very good day, thanks to all of you praying. God is so good.

Shirl
Arlene_C, smileyj, muscrat and 1 others like this post.