Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #1441
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy 50th Birthday, Chris!!!

Oh to be 50 again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #1442
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy 50th Birthday Chris. I am so sorry that you were caused such pain. That sounds just awful.

Caterina, that is a nice cake you baked for Chris!

Hey, Sue Ellen, I have been busy making some cards, so haven't been on here much.

Shirl
Old 10-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #1443
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you all so much! Catarina, the cake looks yummy!
I had good days with my friends; I am so blessed to have good friends and family!
You are right! I am glad it wasn't on my birthday.
Shirl, glad you are making cards!
Hope you all had a good weekend!
Thank you for all the awesome birthday wishes!
Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #1444
Proud Fan Club Member

My parents had a leak and had to shut their water off. They've been without water all weekend. Please pray that the plumber calls this morning and can come out. Plumbers are hard to find. she called her regular guy and has retired.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #1445
Glitter Guru

Kathy, praying that the Lord will provide a plumber right away to fix that leak at your parents' house.

We are trying to find someone to repair our retaining wall that was washed out during tropical storm Michael. We called one man who came out at the beginning of last week .... he said he'd get back to us that evening with a price. We've heard nothing. Hubby called and left a message on his phone this weekend, but still no call back. I suppose he has decided he doesn't want the job. So would appreciate prayers that the Lord will provide someone to do this repair job.
Card Angel with Chemo Angels
http://chemoangels.wixsite.com/chemo-angels-1
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #1446
Glitter Guru

Wow! Just as soon as I posted my message asking for prayer .... the phone rang! It was the guy calling with his quote for repairing our wall. Hubby talked with him and arrangements were made for the guy to begin work this week. I'm so thankful!!
jor, hoptownracer1, caterinafmig and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #1447
Proud Fan Club Member

God is so good!

Mom talked to the plumber and he's not sure he can come out today, but I'm praying God provides for mom and dad as quickly as he answered your request....and even before I had time to pray for you!

My friend needs prayer for her knee pain. But I do need to share something wonderful that happened last week. She got a call from someone in her church and the church board voted unanimously to pay her hospital bill off! She had been paying on it monthly and it was still over $2000! I cried when I heard that, just like I did when I read your request and then answer, Rita!
Old 10-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #1448
Pearl-ExPert

Rita, I'm so glad that your prayers were answered. And Kathy I hope yours will be soon as well! Said prayers for your friend also! That is so kind and generous of the church to pay her bill!
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #1449
Glitter Guru

Thank you ladies!

Kathy, what a huge blessing that your friend's church took care of that hospital bill!! Just now saying a prayer for her as she deals with the knee pain.

Lifting all of you ladies up in prayer .... may the Lord grant you a very special day filled with His love and blessings.
hoptownracer1, caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #1450
Proud Fan Club Member

Moms got water! He came late, but he came! He said he knew she was without water and didn't want it to go any longer!
Old 10-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #1451
Kookie Creator

That's wonderful, Kathy. She is probably very happy right now.

My daughter came upstairs from the basement, where her bedroom is, and said water is leaking into her bedroom. My husband checked it out and we have a water leak. He said it is not bad enough to pay the extra fees for a plumber tonight, but he will begin the search tomorrow. Pray for us to find a plumber we can trust.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #1452
Glitter Guru

Wonderful news, Kathy! Now, we need to pray for the water leak situation at Lisa's house! Praying that the Lord will guide you to a trustworthy plumber.
hoptownracer1, caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #1453
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying God will answer Lisa's prayer for a plumber as he did ours for my mom!
hoptownracer1 and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #1454
Insane Embellisher

Wow Rita and Kathy, so good to hear your good news! Glad you got your problems fixed so quickly!

Lisa, praying your water leak will be fixed quickly too without issues!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #1455
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy - you and my dad share a birthday! He was 95 on the 20th. My husband, my brother, his wife and I were at my parents to spend the day. My husband and I stayed until Sunday but it sure seemed like a very short trip. We had BBQ ribs for dinner and they turned out wonderfully! Very tender and tasty. Hubby uses herbs as a rub, marinate overnight, bake slowly for a few hours and then finish on the grill. Mom and Dad have some left overs, too!

So glad so many of you have such wonderful answers to prayer. I have friends who just don't understand how important prayer is - or how their faith can help with so many things. I pray for one particular friend all the time. We've been friends since we were 11 - so for 45 years! Boy does that make me feel old! LOL

Hoping and praying you all feel comfort and love for the rest of the week!
Old 10-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #1456
Proud Fan Club Member

I think you mean Chris. My birthday is March 6.....I'd take a second birthday but don't want to add two years every year! I already feel old enough! LOL
Old 10-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #1457
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My sister, Francesca, will be having another shoulder surgery tomorrow. Please pray the surgery will go well and she will no longer be in pain.

Reynold is in pain and will be re-evaluated tomorrow. PT does not seem to be working for him.
hoptownracer1 and smileyj like this post.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #1458
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh these achy bones of ours! Praying the surgery will go well and her recovery will be quick and the pain will leave.

Sorry Reynold is still in pain. I hurt a lot today....even my toes hurt! I think it has to bee partly the weather to blame.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #1459
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks, Kathy, interesting that you talk about your toes hurting. Reynold's toes have been hurting and he was told that it is from the pinched nerves in his back.
Stamping Servant and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #1460
Insane Embellisher

Prayers for your sister Caterina. So sorry pt doesn't seem to be working for your hubby. Prayers they can find something to help.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #1461
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you, Deb.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #1462
Pearl-ExPert

Catarina, Said prayers that the surgery helps your sister, and that Reynold's pain is relieved soon! You and your sister have such pretty names!
Kathy, I hope you get to feeling better too! The weather changes really do wreak havoc on our bodies at times!
They called from the Ob/GyN today. They are planning to do a D&C on me. I go to talk to them late next week about the surgery. They gave the choice of that or trying another way to get another biopsy. I told them that I'm not letting them touch me again at the office. The D&C should give me some relief and buy me some time till either I get through menopause or at least postpone having a hysterectomy.
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!!!
Old 10-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #1463
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My sister's surgery went well this morning. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Reynold will be seeing the ortho doc next week to discuss other options for him.

Chris, I do not blame you about getting another biopsy after your ordeal. Hope the D&C helps.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:10 AM   #1464
Kookie Creator

Chris, praying for you with the D&C. I pray that you feel will be calm and able to relax after the surgery and that it helps you with the pain that your Uterus is causing. I have been through 2 D&C's in my life, due to miscarriage. What I remember most is shoulder pain when I was home and recovering. My mother said they may have moved the table in positions that placed stress on my shoulder. I never thought of that type of thing.

I am praying for Reynold. When PT doesn't help, something larger must be going on.

Not sure what is going on with the plumber. My husband called his choice and the guy couldn't get to it till today or tomorrow. He wanted a picture, but that is a lot of work for my husband. We do not really use smart phones like the rest of the world. My husband has one, but he doesn't e-mail from it or send pictures. He barely texts. I'm not really sure if anything has been set up or my husband needs to make another phone call. He is pretty stressed this week already due to work. This is his on-call week and yesterday his phone rang at 5 AM and that really messed with his day. He is a Database Person and they have to take call 7 weeks out of the year and it always plays havoc with his sleep. So, hopefully he will get a plumber called and scheduled. Thanks for the prayers.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:45 AM   #1465
Insane Embellisher

Chris, prayers for your D&C!

Caterina, glad your sister's surgery went well, prayers they can help your hubby once the doc sees him.

Kathy, prayers you get a plumber out there soon, sorry to hear he hasn't been there yet. (
Old 10-25-2018, 06:17 AM   #1466
Kookie Creator

Deb, I believe you were talking about the plumber and my house. We have had a lot going on. Hopefully, my husband will have the energy to find one soon. My daughter is tired of emptying that bucket or whatever she is using to contain the water that is dripping from the pipe.

On another note, Many of you were talking about CBD oil?, I think. I saw it in our natural, health market type store yesterday. I think it was locked up. There is a facility that I have seen on a sign and then found the store front or whatever you call it, with the name of CBD Shaman. I really have no idea what that is really about, but it seems to have the same initials as that oil. Anyway, I had never noticed it before you were chatting about it. So, Deb, if you are looking for it for your husband, maybe you can get it here.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:03 AM   #1467
Insane Embellisher

Oops, sorry Lisa, you are right, I meant you. *sigh* Think it's going to be one of those days...I woke up with a headache today so not sure if my mind is working. Since I stopped Soy I haven't been having headaches much, but the last few days I've woke up with a small one for some reason and today it was a little worse...although could have something to do with my neck being sore lately too.

We don't get to your neck of the woods to often, but I'll keep that in mind. I do know we can get it from our chiropractor...but it's so expensive we haven't yet. ( Really would LOVE to try it for my hubby...but ugg, haven't got almost 100 bucks for a bottle of it to try. Can't remember for sure what he said it was, but think it was between 75 and 100 bucks. *sigh* Thats a LOT of money to spend when you don't know if it's going to help him. LOL One of these days I'll get around to doing that though I think, keep hearing things it can help with, last thing being someone used to to sleep better and hubby NEEDS that for sure! LOL
Old 10-25-2018, 08:29 AM   #1468
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Lisa, getting good help is difficult when it comes to plumbers, electricians, etc. I am with you on technology, have no 'smart' phone and wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

CBD oil is available online. If you just google CBD oil, many different brands, many different dosages, etc. Have tried several and found trytheCBD.com to be best for me because it gives a high dose at a more reasonable price.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #1469
Kookie Creator

Hello everyone! We have a plumber coming today. He is my husband's second pick. Hopefully he will do a good job.

I had a rough day yesterday. I fell walking into the grocery store. I think my foot joint just gave out or something. I have balance issues at times and have been doing quite well, but now I am using my cane. I went to the store early around 10 AM. I am 53, walk like someone very much older as I am quite slow. People older than me were stopping to help me. I thought that was kind of funny as one lady was using her cane. She told me I needed what she had and showed me her cane. I had one in my car, but wasn't in my hands. Anyway, I couldn't get up by myself, so the manager grabbed me and hoisted me to the chair he brought for me to try to get up. I am taking it slow with whatever I do today and am not going anywhere.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #1470
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Lisa, so sorry to hear about your fall. Glad so many people came to your rescue. Yes, that is a good idea to take it slow. Actually my mum always used to say that!

Shirl
Old 10-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #1471
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Shirl. Your mum was so right. Mine would say the same thing.

Some good news...my older daughter had a doctor visit yesterday afternoon. Her doctor took her off all of her medications for anxiety. I am so happy about that. She will continue to see her counselor for the social issues, but she is making great strides. This is a God thing. He has always had a plan for her and I know He is still in charge.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #1472
Glitter Guru

Lisa, I'm so sorry about your fall .... and glad that you weren't injured! How wonderful that your daughter is doing so well that she can be taken off her anxiety medication!!
Old 10-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #1473
Kookie Creator

Plumber has arrived!!! I am sitting here with the dog on a leash. She wants to help. Ha, Ha.
Stamping Servant, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #1474
Insane Embellisher

So glad to hear your got a plumber Lisa, (just hope it's not to major or expensive for you!) and the good news about your daughter! Sorry to hear about the fall, but so nice that people were there to help.
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #1475
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Deb. The plumber came and went. He worked quickly, replacing a meter that broke. I forgot exactly what my husband called it. It costed $200 plus a few dollars, but not many. I am thankful that he did a great job. My husband was pleased and added him to his phone contacts. I believe he will be called again when something needs fixing in the plumbing world. Our house isn't that old, in my opinion, but I guess it is old enough that parts break. This house was built in the late 80's, so I think that is fairly new, as our old house was build in 1968 and still had parts that we never replaced. I am sure it looks quite newer now as when we sold it a person was going to update and flip it.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #1476
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, I am still messing up names. I thought I'd read back to get the right one, but obviously not! Thank you for all being so forgiving!

I didn't realize CBD oil was so expensive! My goodness. I wonder when insurance companies will start covering it. Was talking to my sleep doctor yesterday about insurance and she said that the worst part is they aren't caring about helping the patient, just denying everything all the time. The worst I heard is a friend who has metastatic breast cancer. Found a new lesion on her brain and the insurance company wouldn't pay for the additional scan she needed. Honestly?
Stamping Servant and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #1477
Insane Embellisher

Ugg...not real cheap Lisa, but could be way worse so least it wasn't! Glad it got fixed and you found a new plumber to turn to if and when you need one!
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #1478
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Shirl! I have not been in the craft room much lately, but have been on eBay buying stamps LOLOLOL My knee has been hurting a lot, but I just got an xray and dr will be able to see what is going on. I am a bit beat from the extra pain, so relaxing today (cannot do laundry or clean floors as hubby is fixing water heater and putting on a new faucet... doggone, I can't clean. LOLOLOLOLOL)

I got a new brace from drugstore though, that is really helping me get around and much less on the pain issue. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Just went to breakfast this morning with neighbors to a really cute place, good food. The only thing was I was hyped about these blueberry pancakes they talked about and come to find out they were made with almond flour! I am allergic to nuts. bummer. LOL OH MY GOSHH and they had a WHOLE selection of baked goods!! ALL almond flour, it was hard. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #1479
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, SueEllen, when you can't craft you can buy. Ha, that is what I did a lot of when I couldn't craft these past 6 months.

Yay on the brace! Ha, yeah, hate when that happens that one can't do housework, lol. Not!
Oh, too bad about not being able to do the almond flour. Oh well!

Lisa-glad your plumber worked out for you.

Caterina-so glad your sister's surgery went alright. Hoping for options for Reynold.

Hi Rita, Deb, Kathy, Chris and Joanne!

Shirl
Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #1480
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies... I've been lurking and reading. Prayers for all!
My oldest DS and DIL are coming this evening. Continue praying for them as their marriage of 2 1/2 years is on rocky grounds.
My youngest son, the one who was in the terrible car accident Aug 25th, 2017, thanks for all the prayers. The car insurance company, his medical insurance and a lawyer are working on an agreement. Praying that the three can come to and agreement. He can't afford to pay all the out standing bills. If you have teenage drivers, please remind them to be attentive.

Now as for me, I have been having awful headaches. Now today, I have a bad one with stomach issues. I have tried to sleep but then the back is too painful. I feel as if I am falling apart.
Take care and God be with you all!

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan