Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2018, 06:53 AM   #1281
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joanne, as a mom and grandma, my heart goes out to you. When your child acts out in a manner that is hurtful, it is painful to endure. May God do a mighty work in Marie's heart and soul as He lavishes His grace on you.

Kathy, grateful you were able to get some sleep.. sleep is important. Enjoy your outing with your hubby.

Linda, thinking of you and your mother. Hope your spirits are encouraged.

Sue Ellen, was blessed to grow up in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood. I learned much from the rabbis who lived across the street from us. This time of year is the most important days on the Jewish calendar and the holy days point directly to Jesus. Johnathan Bernis is a Jewish rabbi who believes in Jesus and he has a program on TBN that teaches about our Jewish roots.

Reynold continues to have pain/numbness with his hip and leg. Praying the orthopedic appointment will give him some good options to rid himself of this debilitating pain.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. May the Lord bless you abundantly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2018, 04:32 AM   #1282
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Caterina, how are you feeling? So sorry about hubby, I shall pray that God reveals what will work for relieving his pain.

OHh interesting the experience you had growing up! Yes, I have seen Johnathan Bernis, I also like Perry Stone too.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #1283
Rubber Obsessor

ohhhhh Hobby Lobby!!! SOunds like a great plan for the day. Hope you had fun !

My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:44 AM   #1284
Insane Embellisher

Prayers they will find a way to help your hubby's pain Caterina!
Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #1285
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy - that sounds like a perfect day! I love just getting out, traveling and eating out with my hubby. Nothing has to be planned - just enjoy the time. We do it as often as we can.

I'm glad that I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor for next month. I'm feeling very down and worried about the winter months. And my daughter's words have been hurting more than normal. It is difficult to deal with it on a daily basis. It has really started to affect my self-esteem. I try to talk myself out of it as just her being mean, but when you hear it over and over . . .
Old 09-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #1286
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just got back from Reynold's appointment and they are going to try physical therapy. Thank you for your prayers.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #1287
Glitter Guru

Joanne, so sorry you are having to deal with this painful situation. Am praying that your daughter's heart will be changed.

Caterina - prayers for Reynold that the therapy will be the answer.
Card Angel with Chemo Angels
http://chemoangels.wixsite.com/chemo-angels-1
Old 09-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #1288
Pearl-ExPert

I've tried to read up and catch up. Just got back yesterday from spending time with family again. It was really nice!
Catarina, I hope you get some relief from your pain and that your new med helps you a great deal! Also hoping the physical therapy helps your husband.
Kathy, Glad you got a little bit of sleep and felt a little better. Hope you enjoyed your day out and had a fun time at Hobby Lobby! That store can get me in so much trouble! lol..
Joanne, I feel so much for you! It is hard to hear hurtful and harsh things and not feel down about it. The only thing I can think to do is to constantly tell yourself that she has a mental disorder, and it is no reflection on you, and that anything bad that comes out of her lips is on her, and not you. But I know that would be so hard... We had some family in the past that were extremely harsh and sharp tounged. Although, they were never diagnosed; I believe they might have been bi-polar or had a personality disorder. And I say that without judging, because very few of us are perfectly balanced. But they could go from happy to raging mad in the blink of an eye, and had the energy and drive of a MACK Truck! Hope things settle down soon, and you have happier days ahead!
Keeping you all in my prayers and hope you have a blessed and happy weekend!
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #1289
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Just got back from Reynold's appointment and they are going to try physical therapy. Thank you for your prayers.
I know I mentioned PT a while back. It certainly surprised me when PT worked for my back pain a couple years ago, when nothing else did (including Chiropractor, Kineseology, and drugs). A whole lot depends on the therapist- I got lucky and found the perfect one for me. Praying this makes a difference for Reynold.

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 09-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #1290
Kookie Creator

Caterina, I am praying for you and your husband. I often live in PT land and it always helps me.
Joanne, praying for you. Dealing who those daughters can take the life out of you. Hope she calms down soon.
Love going to Hobby Lobby, and Michael's, or any craft store. I sometimes send my husband with a specific list, so I won't go. I spend way too much money! He doesn't get too sidetracked. Hope you had a wonderful time.

Today I had a DEXA scan; I think. My mother has Osteoporosis, so my doctor thought I needed a baseline scan. It was such an easy test to have done. I dressed for an MRI, which was perfect. I didn't need their gown at all. Now, my medical stuff is done for several months. So happy for that.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #1291
Proud Fan Club Member

Hobby Lobby was fun. It was nice to find things Michaels doesn't carry. I bought a large Christmas paper pad for $7.79. They had 40% off! It was $12.99 originally. I also bought a stamp and die set, an oxide ink pad, some repositional tape and refills. We stopped at a small diner that we did ononce Before but the food and service was so bad we didn't leave a tip! I have never not left a tip ever anywhere before, but the waiter tossed stuff at us on the table and didn't bring stuff we ordered and then the food was just yucky. We still had a great time together, but I'm paying for it now. Just can't get comfortable so I laid on the floor a little while and dozed off until DS called and woke me.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #1292
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

I am feeling much better these days. I am playing catch up on things. And praying for you all. I have been on a notional roller coaster. these few weeks. Mom is doing well please continued pray for our family. Thanks Linda
Old 09-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #1293
Pearl-ExPert

Joanne, I didn't think to mention either that when I'm around people I love that are moody; I give them a LOT of space. I'm sure you've already thought of that and doing it when you can. We can still love them and be there at times, but it doesn't hurt to back off when we need to, to protect our own sanity! One of my friends is super nice, and I get really perturbed when people are unkind or take her for granted... She eventually gives it back to them when she's had enough.
Linda, so glad things are going better!
Lisa, That is great that you got your medical stuff out of the way for a few months! I always like to get that kind of stuff out of the way too!
Kathy, sorry you are hurting again. Sounds like you got some cool goodies from the craft store! Sorry your meal didn't turn out so good. My husband and I went to eat at a Mexican resturant last weekend, and we pulled up and it was closed with a Closed for Maintenance sign on the door. Didn't think anything about it. Then a friend told me they got a 52 on their health inspection score. Do you know how bad it has to be for them to get a 52, and get closed down! Yikes!
What is that they call it; Murphy's Law? I'm still not done unpacking, and there was stuff all over the place. The house looked like a typhoon hit it, and of course, someone comes by to pay us a visit. Never fails!!! And it's not someone we ever see, so they probably think it's always like that. Oh well! Not a biggie, but just sort of funny. I did get some cleaning done, so that was an improvement! I don't know why I am so chatty today???

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 09-21-2018 at 08:30 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #1294
Proud Fan Club Member

Sue Ellen have you heard from your friend, Kate, since her surgery? Hope she is well.

Just started a journal with all of your names and prayer requests because my mind is busy and doesn't slow down! This way I can look in the journal and see specific requests and not just do the "Bless my SCS friends" prayer, although some days I do breeze through.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #1295
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Sue Ellen have you heard from your friend, Kate, since her surgery? Hope she is well.

Just started a journal with all of your names and prayer requests because my mind is busy and doesn't slow down! This way I can look in the journal and see specific requests and not just do the "Bless my SCS friends" prayer, although some days I do breeze through.
Kathy, I had just been thinking about what you shared a while back about the deep impression the War Room movie had made on you. That is a powerful movie concerning the subject of prayer and intercession. I really like the idea you shared today about creating a prayer journal .... in years past I had one that I kept updated and I need to get back into the habit.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #1296
Stazon Splitcoast

thinking and praying for all our needs.

Can you pray for my oldest son and his wife? They have only been married 2 years. He called me yesterday so very sad and we spoke for over an hour. He was in his garage. His wife suffers from depression and anxiety. She just railed on him about not being there for her and not wanting to go places with her. He works about 50 hrs a week. She quit her job and money is very tight. I feel so sad for him. he waited to get married until her felt he found the right one. He will be 40 soon. Please pray for them.

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 09-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #1297
Insane Embellisher

Prayers for your son and his wife Joan. Anxiety is so hard to deal with, especially if you are alone...hopefully she can learn to without hurting their marriage to much!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #1298
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, dealing with someone who has depression/anxiety is challenging. Sending much prayers for your son, his wife and for you.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:31 AM   #1299
Glitter Guru

Joan, I'm lifting up your son and daughter-in-law .... asking the Lord to help them work through this difficulty.
hoptownracer1, caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:59 AM   #1300
Proud Fan Club Member

Depression can be an ugly and sometimes scary demon. Joan I feel for you because it can be hard to know how to help someone in that place. As one who has been in the depths of depression, may I offer some advice? When people asked me how they could help, I had no idea. When you are stuck at the bottom of that hole, you forget all of the helps you have that could get you out. So keep reminding both of them that there is light somewhere, that they have support under them, and that they are wanted and loved. Even when one or the other seems to reject your attempts to reach out, just love them. Hugs are invaluable, even when the depressed person can't find a way to return the hug. And over all, pray for them. I felt like I was at the bottom of a deep, dark well and there was no ladder that could reach me. The only thing that got me through was knowing that underneath all the mud and mire was a sure and solid foundation in the Lord.
Malachi 3:10 "See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heavenand pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it"

I joined the Fan Club!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:21 AM   #1301
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for thinking of Kate! I did FINALLy, I called and then she texted it back that she was sleeping a lot,( which is absolutely amaqzing for her since she could not due to the pain). She is good, healing and loving the spine stim.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:25 AM   #1302
Rubber Obsessor

Praying Joan for your son and daughter in law. Depression is soo hard for the one suffering it themselves and others around them. Been there before. So praying God touches her deeply, and also for your son for strength.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 AM   #1303
Rubber Obsessor

Heyall, reading through the prayer requests and what everyone has been up to. I had a few really rough days with pain. For some reason the Psa loves my middle fingers, crazy and I could not get that to stop throbbing. ughhh Then so much swelling due to the humidity. I was seriously considering finding another rheumatologist and getting back on the meds for arth, BUT, friends prayers for me availed much and I also had a therapeutic massage (still a bit sore in spots but feel pretty good. Doing SOO MUCH better!
Saturday am had breakfast out with hubby and friends, he went to a movie and I started to plan my wildflower garden. It was a good weekend.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #1304
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad Kate is doing well. Also glad to know you are too!
Old 09-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #1305
Pearl-ExPert

Joan, I hope things improve for your son and daughter-in-law!
Sue Ellen, Glad you are getting some relief!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:38 AM   #1306
Proud Fan Club Member

my anxiety has kicked in today. When this happens my problems seem so much worse than anyone else's, and I know they are not. It's so hard to get out of my head and focus on what is real.I have created a blessings list and I try to read over that and add to it as often as I can. Today I added the fact that a man told me in town that I had a flat tire and I was able to go get it pumped up and come home with no troubles. It must be a slow leak but I'll keep my eye on it. That man blessed me by pointing it out, otherwise I may not have noticed.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #1307
Glitter Guru

Kathy, I'm praying that this anxiety attack will subside. You are so wise to fill your mind with thoughts of gratitude with your blessings list! I've done the same thing when I've become anxious and fearful .... I just begin thanking the Lord, mentioning all the wonderful blessings He has placed in my life and that helps to "push out" all the negative thoughts.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #1308
Proud Fan Club Member

It has passed. Definitely had help with the blessing list!
Old 09-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #1309
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, Kathy. I had been praying so that is good to hear. Singing also helps I find.

Shirl
Old 09-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #1310
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Anxiety can rear its ugly head when least expected. Glad Kathy that your anxiety eased up. A blessings list sounds like a wonderful 'weapon'.

Reynold continues to have hip/leg pain especially when he is standing. He starts PT tomorrow.

Was able to take advantage of a Living Social and get a nice massage today.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #1311
Proud Fan Club Member

More stress today. It started out good. My friend came to craft with me but I spent about an hour taking care of an issue that I did not want to do.

DH is at the cabin. I did not tell him anything because I wanted him to have a good weekend..so everything hangs on my shoulders.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #1312
Glitter Guru

Lifting up all of my praying sisters this evening ... may the Lord richly bless, comfort and strengthen each one of you!
Old 09-28-2018, 06:18 PM   #1313
Insane Embellisher

Praying for you all, just not been on my computer much so not said it each time...but prayers you can get through the next few days Kathy while your hubby is gone without having to deal with to much yourself and prayers for your hubby Caterina!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #1314
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy, Hope everything settles down for you soon!
Catarina, I hope the PT helps your husband, and his pain is relieved!
I've got a doctor's appt. this week for female problems. Hopefully, that will go well. I wish they'd just go ahead and take it out, but they probably won't.
Hope everyone has a blessed week ahead! Had a nice day today with my husband!
Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #1315
Proud Fan Club Member

I feel so good knowing you are all here praying for me!

Last edited by muscrat; 09-29-2018 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-29-2018, 05:29 AM   #1316
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptownracer1 View Post
Kathy, Hope everything settles down for you soon!
Catarina, I hope the PT helps your husband, and his pain is relieved!
I've got a doctor's appt. this week for female problems. Hopefully, that will go well. I wish they'd just go ahead and take it out, but they probably won't.
Hope everyone has a blessed week ahead! Had a nice day today with my husband!
Praying that your female problems will be solved quickly!
Old 09-29-2018, 05:31 AM   #1317
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I feel so good knowing you are all hear praying for me!
I know the feeling ... sure lifts my spirits and makes me feel comforted when I know I'm being prayed for!!!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #1318
Proud Fan Club Member

Just wanted you all to know I went through the thread and prayed specifically for each of you and your requests. May God Bless your day with joy and heal your hearts and bodies. May He bring something wonderful to each of you in some way today.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #1319
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

They worked on Reynold's hip yesterday leaving him pretty sore, however, that is normal during treatment. He had a difficult time sleeping last night (and so did i)... Thank you for your prayers for both of us.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:27 AM   #1320
Glitter Guru

Kathy, your prayer for me has already been answered! I just found a wonderful (new to me) thread in the General Talk forum that has warmed my heart as I read through all 5 pages of it this morning (I saw posts from some of you prayer warriors there, too)! It is a discussion about the various SCS challenges and just reading all the comments made we realize, once again, just what a kind, sweet and talented group of crafters we have here at SCS. It's amazing how we feel that we know one another even though we have never met. Although I've never started a SCS gallery, I have been making cards for over 20 years and I do get lots of inspiration from SCS. Anyway, Kathy, THANK YOU for your prayers .... I was feeling a little down today and just enjoying that thread has greatly lifted my spirits. Here's a link to the thread I'm talking about:

Challenge Chat - Splitcoaststampers