Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #721
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, that was an excellent answer to prayers, that I am sure there were a lot of all around the world.

Joanne, sounds like you have a wonderful doctor!

Kathy, hope your hubs is not in too much discomfort. Tooth or rather dental surgery pain is hard!

Please pray that the computerized system gets fixed in the place we are staying at currently. (It is not a hot water tank). No hot water right now. It is a different system and not sure they can get the part fast. Yikes!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #722
Glitter Guru

Shirl, will certainly pray that the needed part can be located quickly! It's no fun being without hot water!
Card Angel with Chemo Angels
http://chemoangels.wixsite.com/chemo-angels-1
hoptownracer1 and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #723
Insane Embellisher

Prayers going up you get your hot water back soon Shirl!

Glad your hubby is doing ok Kathy...hopefully it doesn't give him to much pain as it's healing now!

Sorry you weren't able to move on to the next step Joanne, but least he cause that you might be getting an infection so hopefully it gets knocked out quickly! Sounds like he is a really nice and caring doc...thats always a plus!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #724
Proud Fan Club Member

There's a special on ABC about the boys in the cave. It came on at 9 p.m.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #725
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Deb and Rita! Haven't heard yet how long it will take to get back into working order...

Shirl
Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #726
Proud Fan Club Member

Just heard the part will not be here till next Monday!!!

Shirl
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:45 AM   #727
Insane Embellisher

Oh man...sounds like heating waster the old fashion way is in order. ( I grew up without running water, and thats what we did (heating it in kettles on the stove)...but Man I love my running water and water heater now. Obviously I could live like that, but I really prefer not to. LOL Hopefully you will have that hot water by Monday night!
Old 07-11-2018, 04:54 AM   #728
Glitter Guru

Shirl ... sometimes these things show up earlier than expected .... so I'm praying that this will be one of those times when the needed part arrives soon!

Deb, both sets of my grandparents got their water from a well or spring on their property .... but it required bucketing it in. And then, of course, when hot water was needed it was heated on the stove. I remember those times very well! Oh, the days before running water and air conditioning! LOL
Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #729
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Shirl, I feel for ya. I lived in The Netherlands in 1974-75 and there was s tiny water heater above the kitchen sink that held only a few gallons of water. Soooo I boiled water all day long.... it was 'fun' doing laundry...

Like Rita, hope it will arrive sooner than later.
Stamping Servant and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #730
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, thanks to you all. I see there is lots of water chatter on here now. Just had my first cold shower, stood way back from the spray and did my best. At least this did not happen when we first moved in here and it is not the dead of winter, so we do not need the heat to be coming on. Then we walked this morning in the warm sunshine. I am praying it will happen sooner than later, but it sure gives me perspective on people in refugee camps.

Shirl
Old 07-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #731
Proud Fan Club Member

I just had quite an experience. DH says "hey, your dad is out in the yard.". I went out to see where he was going and he said to see the guys who are drilling down there. No one is drilling down there. Dad is sundowning lately. He is fair in the morning but by evening gets confused. I went up and got moms tractor and little wagon because he had no more energy to walk home and when I stopped at the porch to let him off he wanted to know why I brought him there. He wanted to talk to the guys about the buckets??? My poor mother is going to be bonkers if he keeps this up. He was looking for the tractor keys but she hid them or who knows where he would have ended up! Keep my parents in prayer and me as I keep my eye on them!
hoptownracer1, caterinafmig and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #732
Glitter Guru

Kathy, I'll certainly be praying for your Mom and Dad and for you, too. I know this is difficult. One suggestion you may want to look into .... sometimes elderly people have a low B-12 level which can cause personality changes and confusion. You may want to have his doctor check that. I know this happened to my Dad .... he had a dramatic change in personality as a result of a B-12 deficiency. His doctor began giving him B-12 shots and Dad's sweet personality returned.
hoptownracer1 and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #733
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Kathy, it is difficult when our parents begin to age and need care. Like Rita said, it could be a vitamin deficiency. Also, I know medications can cause elderly people to get confused. My mother had vascular dementia from mini-strokes (TIAs) and she would get worse when she had an infection.

Sending much loving support and prayers.
Stamping Servant and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #734
Proud Fan Club Member

Dad had a stroke at age 44. He is now 81. He's also had a heart attack in 2000. He has speech and coordination issues ever since and on disability. Were lucky to have had him for so many years after that but I can see him fading more and more.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #735
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy praying for you all! I am taking sublingual B12 tablets already.

Shirl
Old 07-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #736
Insane Embellisher

Prayers going up for your Dad...as well as your Mom and you Kathy! It's hard to see our loved ones change...but try to remember the good times more than the bad!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #737
Gallery Gazer

Prayers requested for my friends Phillip & Kate. Phillip's father just passed away after less than a week in a nursing home. And also, my FIL continues to go downhill in the nursing home in England. It's eating my SIL up. Sigh.

I've been saying prayers for the issues posted here, and you folks. Kathy- trust me, I understand where you're coming from. I had an awful time with my mother sundowning. She picked a major fight every night, and it was really hard to deal with her.

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 07-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #738
Proud Fan Club Member

Pat,Dad's not been difficult. Just confused. He was difficult before the stroke and his personality changed. I'm just concerned because he will crawl on the tractor and drive around and then forget how to make it go so he sits in the middle of the yard and mom has to go out and tell him what to do. We've been hiding the keys. I watched a YouTube tutorial about dementia and the doctor had very good tips but one of them is not being afraid to lie to them for their own good.as a Christian, my mom just cannot bring herself to tell a lie so instead of saying she can't find the keys so just say she knows where they're at. And that's frustrated him because she wouldn't tell him where they were. the doctor says this is a lie for their own well-being and not a lie to harm them.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #739
Mad Swapper

Kathy, so glad your husband's procedure went well, and that he is healing!
JoAnne, Glad you have a good doctor! Saying prayers for you!
Felt tired all day, so going to bed. Hope all of you are doing well!
Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #740
Proud Fan Club Member

thanks Chris. He went to bed early tonight. He took a pain pill and then got really light-headed and had to sit down on the floor.when he got up he decided he should go to bed and sleep it off. He had pain but not as much as yesterday. I told him all my splitcoast friends were praying for him.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:02 AM   #741
Insane Embellisher

Prayers for your friends and your FIL as well as your SIL. Hopefully she won't have major regrets over this, and especially hopefully she won't take them out on you.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #742
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Prayers requested for my friends Phillip & Kate. Phillip's father just passed away after less than a week in a nursing home. And also, my FIL continues to go downhill in the nursing home in England. It's eating my SIL up. Sigh.

I've been saying prayers for the issues posted here, and you folks. Kathy- trust me, I understand where you're coming from. I had an awful time with my mother sundowning. She picked a major fight every night, and it was really hard to deal with her.
Praying that the Lord will comfort Phillip and Kate. Also continuing to pray for your FIL and SIL.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #743
Mad Swapper

How did I miss Kathy, Shirl and Pat's earlier posts? I looked over these the other night when I posted; how did I not see them?
Kathy, I'm sorry about your dad! I've also read it's important to get any weapons out of the house. I think lying would be better than risking their anger. It's not good for them to get upset or angry like that, but I would have a difficult time lying too! Prayers said!
Shirl, I hope you get your hot water soon! Glad it isn't cold weather!
Pat, I am so sorry for your friends, and also for your SIL and FIL too. Saying prayers for all of them!
Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #744
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

So much going on - Kathy I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. One of my uncles had Parkison's and had hallucinations. My dear, sweet cousin would just have him tell her all about what he was seeing. Usually was reliving earlier times. Another of my cousin's has vascular dementia and her kids are doing their best to care for her. There are four siblings, unfortunately, one is being very difficult. I think he is in denial.

Shirl - I am hoping you get that part very soon - maybe you even have it already!

I called the surgeon's nurse today since I still had some weeping from the surgical site. Since it is Friday I just wanted to be sure - unless I start running a fever or the site is warm to the touch, she said I should be okay. I do go back Tuesday. I am just SO TIRED of waiting on that last test result which is the one that will most likely decide if I need chemo.

We have a reunion the end of September in CO with friends. I look forward to these reunions the minute I leave the last one. I just told my husband that we are going. If I need chemo, it will wait until October. I think we need to go. It would really put me in a bad frame of mind if we didn't.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We have more heat headed out way.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #745
Proud Fan Club Member

Still heating up a kettle of hot water to throw in a cold, small amount of water in the tub, Joanne. I am praying it does show up by Monday. At least I can boil some water.

I hope you get to the reunion. Just looking forward to something fun helps your mindset!

Glad the surgeon's nurse was able to advise you.

Chris, it is easy to miss posts, isn't it, lol.....

Shirl
Old 07-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #746
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Prayers requested for my friends Phillip & Kate. Phillip's father just passed away after less than a week in a nursing home.

Went to the funeral today. Nice service. It's always a good thing when the minister KNOWS the person. He kept misting up during the service, so it was very heartfelt & sincere. Phillip's dad was 94, married to his wife for 72 years, and to the end called her his bride. How sweet is that?

Thanks to all for prayers.

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 07-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #747
Mad Swapper

I agree Joanne, it's important to have things to look forward to! Hope it all heals up well soon!
Shirl, Hope it gets repaired Monday.
Pat, it is great when they know the person well. When my F-I-L died, our preacher was new, and kept calling him by the wrong first name. Everyone was understanding, but it made you cringe every time he said it! That is wonderful that he was so devoted to his wife!
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM   #748
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

It makes a huge difference when the Pastor knows the person. My in-laws were members of a church but only went on Christmas Eve. When my MIL passed (FIL had passed the year before) he tried very hard but it was very obvious that he knew nothing about her. It made me really sad.

A night of no sleep - the second this week. This is just a typical problem for me!
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #749
Mad Swapper

I'm sorry to hear that Joanne! I hope you have a good night's sleep tonight!
Hope everyone is having a blessed weekend!
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #750
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

No sleep last night. Hubby and I were going to go out to lunch and some shopping, but I am too exhausted. I don't even feel like showering. No sleep makes me grumpy. My poor hubby.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM   #751
Proud Fan Club Member

Ain't that the truth! Everything seems harder when we are sleep deprived. Will be praying for a good sleep tonight, Joanne.

Shirl
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #752
Insane Embellisher

Yes Joanne, it's hard to function with no sleep that I know. Hope you can start sleeping better!!
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #753
Stazon Splitcoast

Jci
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #754
Matboard Maniac

Lack of sleep...always difficult. I take Melatonin which helps me sleep when I struggle. I struggle a lot, so you are definitely not alone, Joanne.

This may sound like an odd request, but please say a few prayers for me and my family today. Our dog has incontinence issues. She is around 8 years old and we have had her for 6 years. Prior to our adopting her, she was put through surgery two times to spay her. The shelter didn't seem to find the scar, so they opened her up again. Anyway, she has had these issues every since we got her and she takes medicine. Most days one pill does the job, but yesterday evening, we lost control. We thought she might have been in a deep sleep as that is when it would usually happen. I totally forgot to give her pill in the morning as we have been giving her the two pills daily as she had an accident recently. Then this morning, my husband found a total mess in the kitchen and through the house. She lost control through the night in a few places. She is not a small dog. She is 130 pounds, so her lack of control is very large to clean up. Our weather is reaching 100 degrees so leaving her outside is not good for her and she is always in the house. I am wondering if she has a bladder infection. I will call and make an appointment today. We are having a bit of company today, and I definitely want to be home and not have the smell all over. So, please keep my girls and me in your prayers today. I am going to ask for my daughters to help clean the floors once again before the company arrives.
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #755
Glitter Guru

Joanne ... I'm praying that you can get past this insomnia situation. I know I'd be a mess if I couldn't get enough sleep. I use a 3 mg dosage of Melatonin to help me with sleep issues. I'm thankful that the low dosage seems to do the trick for me.

Lisa .... I can certainly understand how stressful it is to have these issues with your dog's incontinence. I'm stopping right now to pray that things will be much better today.
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #756
Matboard Maniac

Thank You Rita. I did call the Vet and they suggested beginning with a sample, so I was able to capture one and take it to them. Now to attack cleaning the house.
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #757
Proud Fan Club Member

Just stopped to pray for you and your poor dog and company coming and all.

Shirl
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #758
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Lisa, had a dog for 19 years and towards the last year, she had no control on her bladder or bowel so I can relate. So sorry you are going through this for I know how difficult it was for me.

Joanne, both Reynold and I are experiencing sleep problems for months now and it is not fun. We both are taking melatonin which sometimes works and other times not so much. Reynold takes Z sleep liquid and it helps him. Sleep is so important and when we do not get what we need, the body and mind struggle.
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #759
Insane Embellisher

I sent prayers up when I saw this come through, but didn't get in here to let you know Lisa! Prayers things will get better! Also it doesn't seem odd to me at all, love our fur babies...and hate to see anything happen to them, also can understand the frustrations of the accidents even though you love her, especially with company coming.
Stamping Servant likes this post.