Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default My Studio gone/ downburst

Hello everyone,I know I am so blessed and have alot to be thank ful for and I am very greatful God has spared us our lives.Around 10pm last night we had some thunder and lightening and all of a sudden we heard the wind blowing in a loud strange way and within minutes my studio and my brother in law carport were both gone when the wind stoped it was all over in a few minutes.I have never been through anything like this in my whole life and pray I never do again.We had been wroking on my studio all week getting shelves built and putting my supplies and stamps in order so by 4/27 07 we could open it to have classes,now it is all gone.
We were told it was not a tornato it was a down burst?I have never heard of that before,has anyone else?We have insurance and they will be out later today to see what they will pay for but ,I know than can never replace all the hard work and suppiles I have saved for the past 2 years for.Please pray for me my heart is so burden and I am still in shock.God bless you all.
Di
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
Crimping Master

Wow... {{{{HUGS}}}} You guys are ok, right? I hope you and your family is ok, although I'm sure you're very shaken... Building a collection like that takes time... so horrible for it to be ruined in an instant... Hope the insurance guy is able to give you some direction, comfort, and fair (replacement ) value... Did you take pics of your stuff? Is any of it still good? I'm sure you're gathering up what you can, but to put a true value on it must seem daunting right now... take a deeeeeeep breath... Hang in there
Old 04-20-2007, 05:23 AM   #3
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh girl! That's awful .. Please know I will keep you in my prayers.

I, for one, would be willing to help in any way I can.. just let me know (PM me).

My heart goes out to you..

Peace and blessings,
Holly
Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Thank you

Thank you both very much for your prayers and concern.I really mean that,I can see you know what I mean by the way you wrote me back.Crafters really know there own kind.We thank God that everyone is fine and our home had no damage and neither did my brother in laws,we have so much to be thankfull for and we are.
My studio is gone and all that was inside.It picked it up completely and twisted it until it was all gone,where it went we dont know.We lived threw Hurrican Ivan and Katrican and it never touched my shop and this happen at 10pm when we were getting ready for bed.It just sounded like a little lighting and wind,but it was nothing we expected.I have never heard of a downburst before.The agent called me about 20 minutes ago and will be out here by 9am so we will go from ther.Thank you all so much.Right now all I know to do is trust in God because we know he is only answer and hope.
Love Di
Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Keep us updated, ok?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

So glad everyone is safe and hope all goes well with the insurance company.

I have heard of a downburst before - my parents old neighborhood was hit by something like that - but I haven't experienced it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher

Wow Dianne, that stinks!!! Were all of your supplies already in there?!?! Or had you been putting up shelves and such but no supplies yet...Oh poo, I read the original post again and see that you already had your supplies in there...I am sooo sorry! Glad that you and your family is ok tho...please let us know what the insurance guy says!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool

I am so sorry. I had never heard of a downburst until several years ago. I live in central Fl. and during a major hurricane that came right over us, we had many many of these downbursts. We were very lucky and did not experience the kind of damage that you did, but my neighborhood and surroundings were nearly devaststated. Screen rooms were twisted and ripped off houses. the fences were shredded into splinters of wood. Every house needed a new roof. When we went outside the following morning we cried. Trees were uprooted everywhere. I did see the areas that the downburst had touched, they were very small but specific, and totally wiped out. You have to see past the "stuff" and realize the lives are most important, which it is obvious that you do. I will continue thinking good thoughts for you and your family. Again, I am sorry to hear your sad news.
Dina
Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

I am SO sorry this has happened to you. Thankful you are safe but I'm sure it doesn't help your heartbreak and disappointment. I hope your meeting with the insurance agent goes well so you are able to rebuild.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #10
Insane Embellisher

Down burst are awful! But more importantly, what you need? You want samples or anything, you let me know. I have a ton left over from convention and I will box 'em up and send them to you! You don't have to worry, we'll take care of you. I know if the tables were turned, you'd help a fellow stamper.

PM with your address and I will get a box out to you today.

Cheryl
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #11
Pearl-ExPert

So sorry to hear this..never heard that expression before..but glad u n your family are safe.. Fate was on your side and you were looked after.. Your still in shock..relax have a cuppa tea..it will all work out..thinking of you.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy
Oh girl! That's awful .. Please know I will keep you in my prayers.

I, for one, would be willing to help in any way I can.. just let me know (PM me).

My heart goes out to you..

Peace and blessings,
Holly
I, too, would be more than happy to help out. So sorry this has happened. {{HUGS}},
Katherine
Old 04-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Rubber Obsessor

I am so very greatfull God has been so good to me and my DH.My insurance agent meet with us told us that 2 nights before that hit us 22 miles from where I live it hit 3 homes and there was no one things left where once was there homes,and 2 eldery people were hurt but thank God not life threating.Before now I had never heard of a downburst.All I can say is Thank you God.
I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart,you will never no how much you all have help my feelings this morning when I woke and found this and got on here to just tell someone and you have been the best medicine I could have my heart is so over whelm.Thank you all ,I truly feel like I have a family here.
The insurance agent told me being I had the studio a few years they could not give us the full amount it took to build and we just these past few months had built shelves and tables and these past week were getting everything set up for my SU class and work room .We were going to have it ready to open at the end of this month final after all this time I was going to see my dream come true.They are gonna allow us for contents my hubby said that the money they paid us will barly be enough to buy a new building and it will be smaller than the one I had.I have been on the phone checking sizes and prices all morning and he is right.We are gonna try and get up early tomorrow and go to a few larger towns and check out the ones I called today.I love you all again thank you so very much.I am trying to keep my thought to one day it will be better,With God I know he will be there for us.I postpone all of my workshops and classes untill I can get back on my feet again.I will keep you all posted,I do come in here alot of my time it has always been uplifting.
Di
Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
Forum Fanatic

((((HUGS)))) to you! I know you like get back up and running in no time at all.
Matthew 22:37
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never heard of a down burst; I've heard of a micro burst which is supposed to be like a tornado. Maybe they are the same thing. I'm glad everybody is o.k.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Dianne, I'm so very sorry. You should have told me sooner. I'll call you tomorrow - let me know what you need.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #18
Matboard Maniac

I am so sorry to hear about your studio, very frustrating I'm sure! We had a down burst in our neighborhood last year. My DH and I were out of town for the night and when we came back our street was a mess, siding missing off houses and several trees down, one right on my neighbors roof! Fortunately no one was hurt. I will pray for a quick and easy clean up for you.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #19
Mad Swapper

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My family lost everything in a house fire a few years back. So I know the complete devastation. Thank God...no one was hurt. Please PM me or put a list on here of some of your lost supplies. I have extras of so much that I would normally just put on a rummage sale. So please!!! don't feel awkward, just allow us the blessing of helping you.

Mary
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Hi dianne,
I am replying to this to bump it back to the top since I already PM'd you and I am sending a box of supplies out to you today. Please, if anyone else has any extras laying around, I know Dianne could certainly use it!

Kelly :0)
Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

Diane I am so sorry that this has happened to you, I am glad that you are ok. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Diane, I just pm'd you to let you know your package w/b on it's way to you!
There are four brand new unmounted (retired) sets for you to help rebuild your studio with

Enjoy!

ps. just a little reminder for those who may have some extra's hanging around your stampin' area...if ya aren't using it PLEASE send whatever you can spare to Diane, ok?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

what type of things do you need to get replaced.. I would love to help you out and get some of your treasured stamping supplies back... I have extra of quite a few things and would not mind at all sending some to you.. Please let me know..Just pm me and I will get back with you very shortly... God Bless you and you family... And praise God you are all safe....
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 AM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

ps. just a little reminder for those who may have some extra's hanging around your stampin' area...if ya aren't using it PLEASE send whatever you can spare to Diane, ok?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #25
Mad Swapper

Bump!!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #26
Rubber Obsessor

I wanted to let everyone know that I thank you all each and everyone from the bottom of my heart and soul for all of you.If it had not been for all of you ladies listed above I dont know what I would of done.I truly dont think I could I got back into SU facing all of this alone and from scratch.But thank God for each of you I am now doing good and everything is coming alone and my spirit is so full with love and joy again.I now look forward to getting up everyday again.I just wanted to thank you all so very much one more time and tell you each and everyone that I love you and you are the reason my health is also getting better.God is so good.I also wanted to thank you for the kind words of encouragement ,that really meant alot and still does.I just had to learn to take one day at a time.
God bless you all.
Love
Di
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #27
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers . And thank you to the ones who have sent me things and help me to get back on my feet.God bless you all and I love each and everyone of you for all you have done.
Di
Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #28
Mad Swapper

bump
Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Dianne! How are things going?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #30
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for asking ,things are getting better everyday and looking up for me as time goes by.
dI
Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #31
Rubber Obsessor

I want to take this time to update and thank everyone for all they have done.I am getting back on my feet and it is only because of you ladies in SCS .I thank you and God for reaching out to me when I thought my world of stamping was over.Loseing my studio has been a real hardship for me but I have gotten through it because you reached out your heart and soul to me to help me get back on my feet.I know you all prayed me through this.You ladies sent me supplies to help me not get discouraged and get where I could stamp again.This has been the hardest thing I have ever been through to losing everything I had worked and saved for ,for 4 years.God bless you all.I want you to each and everyone toknow that I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart.Because of you I have been able to still give free classes to my 16 foster girls program I had been doing for over a year.This has been the best thing I have ever done ,helping these girls to give love and hope in there lives again.I so far have not been able to start work shops but I will as soon as my health gets better.I know there no money to be made in helping these girls but this to me is worth so much more than money.God bless you all truly. These are the ladies who reached out to me.Love you all.Dianne Henry

Kelly Pitzlin(kellyklp)
S. Craig(bensarmon)
Mary Wilson(breeze7)
Jo Anna(themommy)
Cheryl Wheeler(wheeless
Katherine(beadfreak22)
Kelly Henderson
Chris Kirkpatrick(flutterbug)
Mary Pack
Michelle Laycock
Cheri Furr
Karen (hedgiemama)
God bless you all.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #32
Mad Swapper

Your very welcome Dianne!! It's a wonderful thing you are doing for these girls. I am honored to have been able to help!

Mary
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #33
Proud Fan Club Member

Diane, You are so welcome. There is so much hurting in the world. When I hear of someone who gives from their heart to help others, I'm honored to help. Please keep us posted on your health and your girls.
blessings,
Sue

My Website
Cards For A Cause, South Carolina Division of Juvenile Justice, and Summit Pointe an assisted living facility.
Fan Club Member
BRAK New Member Mentor
Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #34
Pearl-ExPert

You're most definitely welcome & I'm so glad to know that those stamp sets will go to good use helping young girls in need

Take care!