Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Molar Pregnancy Update....

Back in March I was diagnosed with a molar pregnancy. (To put it simply, at conception the egg lost its DNA, the sperm doubled its to make the 46 chromosomes & abnormal placental cells started to grow) I had to have a D&C and since then I have been going for weekly HCG levels. My hormone level has to be monitored very closely because it could start growing again and even spread to different organs. About a month ago my hormone level stopped dropping (at 23) and I needed all these tests to make sure it hadn't spread. Luckily, it hadn't. I also needed chemotherepy to try to get rid of it. After the first dose, my hormone level went up (just a little - to 25) and then dropped a week later (to 9). Now, a week after my second dose of chemo my hormone is up to 12! Here it is the end of June and I am still stuck dealing with this! It was only supposed to take about 2 months for my hormone level to drop and it has now been 4! What makes this so tough is my husband and I really wanted to have a baby and now we have to wait a year to start trying again. Not only that, this condition is VERY rare. There are only about 3,000 molar pregnancies in the US per year and only about 20% develop into persistant gestational trophoblastic disease which is what I have now.
This has been so hard on me and my husband. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Sunday. We are living in Hawaii and our families are all back on the mainland so our support system is far away. I know when I first posted about having a molar pregnacy there were a few people who either went through this too or knew someone who did. I could really use some encouraging words that eventually this will end & my number will go down!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
The Digi-Freak

((((hugs))))

My friend Kelly had a molar pregnancy and watching her struggle with that was so hard!! About 8 months after her levels got back to normal, she found out she was pregnant (on the pill) and ended up having a very healthy daughter.

I know from conversations with her that the time she spent waiting to try again was so terribly painful. It took a real toll on her marriage as well.

BUT, now they have a gorgeous daughter and are much more confident about the future. It must be so scary right now, but hopefully in a few years, you'll have gorgeous kid/s and you'll be able to reflect on this and see how far God has brought you from the initial pain into pure joy.

I had 5 miscarriages (4 before my 1st and 1 between my 2 girls) and they were so very hard. It seems that all you see when you're hurting is happy, pregnant women and happy, complete families. I felt so alone. Now, with 2 daughters, I feel so thankful. Reproductive issues are something that, even when overcome, leave such a mark on your relationship with motherhood. I feel so so so fortunate to have been allowed this opportunity after all the pain it took to get here.

You will have your day in the sun! I know it must be hard to remain positive at this point. (((hugs)))

Kimberly

Old 06-25-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default hugs

This is so scary to me, as my dh and i are about to start trying. my thoughts are with you and i hope you are surrounded by the warm hearts of family and friends at this time.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:16 AM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Just know we are all thinking and caring about you.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #5
Hardware Hotshot

Dear Jodi,
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Just know that you are in the prayers of many and look to the Lord for comfort and peace. We often don't realize how these experiences give us strength and help us grow until we are on the other side of them. Keep your faith strong and your chin up. Hold on to each other (as a couple)and to the love that you share and you will be even stronger. God bless you.
Hugs, Kim
Old 06-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #6
Mini Quack

Default molar pregancy update

I just wanted to send some prayers and hugs and most of STRENGTH... we never totally understand why we have to go through each obstacle...until later, so I try not to question things and just ask GOD for strength to do whatever needs done each day and to accept what ever happens each day... here is hoping that you are able to relax a little and that this stress is lightened for you...I am sending sooooo much strength...can you feel it ??? now smile and go enjoy this day...
Old 06-25-2005, 09:08 AM   #7
Rubber Obsessor

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way today and in the months ahead. My husband and I had a molar pregnancy scare when I got pregnant the second time. I had gone in for an ultrasound and they didn't find a heartbeat. Devastating! I ended up going in for a D&C 5 days before Christmas and was told then that it might have been a molar pregnancy. I had NEVER heard of this so we started to research and were in shock that something like this happens. Needless to say, it was one LONG Christmas season, because they had to send the tissue samples in to a lab and with it being Christmas it took many days (to us it seemed like an eternity) to get the results back. We were relieved when we found out it was not a molar pregnancy. I just want you to know that having been that close to the situation I have "some" idea how you must feel right now, and I am sending you hugs and more hugs. Though I won't pretend to even say I know what you are going through, because of course I can't ....I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I hope that you will keep us updated on how you are doing. We are here for you!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
Hardware Hotshot

Default Molar pregnancy

I had a molar pregnancy in my ealry 20's. I, like you, wanted to conceive so badly, was so excited when I found out I was pregnant, then devastated to find out it was a molar pregnancy. I also had to do the tests for a year but luckily my hormone levels stabled out pretty quickly.

You are actually the only other person I've ever known to have one.

I did get pregnant again two times. One resulted in a "regular" miscarriage and one resulted in my now 18 year old wonderful son. I had no more molar pregnancies.

I know it's hard to go through this and easy to get obsessed with this. But what worked for me is to learn how to "be happy" on a daily basis with the little things, and with my faith that God has this all under control. It's all really about His timing, not ours. Take this as an opportunity to spend a lot of quality one on one time with your husband, and know that when God does give you that little baby, it will be such a blessing.

My mom used to tell me, instead of worrying, spend that time praying.

I wish you good health and please know you aren't alone.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi