Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 06-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #161
Gabfest Goddess

Cheers to you for being able to separate out what you want to keep. Maybe once you do this, and have the garage sale, you'll feel like stamping in your newly uncluttered room.
Hoping that the EMDR works well for you.
Unread 06-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #162
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnewithane View Post
Cheers to you for being able to separate out what you want to keep. Maybe once you do this, and have the garage sale, you'll feel like stamping in your newly uncluttered room.
Hoping that the EMDR works well for you.
That is exactly what I'm hoping will happen. I even have a couple friends (who weren't in any of my groups) who want to stamp with me. Probably not this summer - but maybe by next winter. We'll see.

I'm hanging my hat on EMDR right now because the flashbacks (some are visual, some are auditory) are absolutely horrible. I couldn't even keep my lunch down today. It is so hard not to be bitter when the friends who rejected me scared the others too. They are POSITIVE that I'm going to say or do something horrible and they have most of that group afraid of me. (I thank God there are a few level heads that stood up to them and said, "There is nothing to be afraid of!")

I canít be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Hoboken Paper likes this post.
Unread 06-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #163
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dee View Post
Having never been a parent (except to corgis - and THEY all have their own unique personality and response to discipline too) I can only say that tailoring to each child makes total sense to me. I wish my parents had understood that, although, to this day, I don't know what would have been the right balance for me. I was a challenge because I was extremely sensitive so my spirit was easily broken, BUT I was also extremely strong willed and VERY verbal. I wasn't the kind of kid who needed a curfew or a lesson in the dangers of doing drugs or alcohol - but I was convinced I was unloved (there are reasons for that) and so I was played the martyr role to the hilt. I wasn't easy! My brothers were nothing like that and rarely got in trouble for anything - which only further convinced me that I was being unjustly picked on!

Thanks for the heads up on possible side effects of EMDR. I have the original book on it, but it's been years since I read it. I have heard the scientific explanation of breaking the emotional attachment to that memory and find it interesting. I do hope that I just 'go with it' and don't try to fight it as I tend to do if I'm not in 100% control. Do you tackle one memory at a time or can you process several during a session? From what you've described, I think I will respond well to it but also could be one of those who has some physical symptoms from it (eg. I hyperventilate and pass out rather easily.)

This is the day that I say good bye to part of my stamp room. I don't know how much he'll take but I have it all organized for him, have removed what I want to keep so I hope he takes a lot of what I have out. What he doesn't take, goes to the garage for a sale.
I can't speak for everyone, but my own experience with EMDR was that I often was unaware of which specific event or memory I was processing - it was more of an "unburdening" of the trauma/emotion attached to types of memories, if that makes sense. Sort of like the similar/recurring ones got bundled and dealt with together. That could have been specific to me, though, and your experience could be entirely different. I was happy to NOT have to unpack each individual memory, and we definitely didn't "talk it out" at all - just got to the business of clearing the emotional baggage. It's a very fast therapy, too - most people are pretty well cleared in 6-8 sessions, and sessions aren't supposed to be any closer together than 2 weeks (because of the ongoing processing you do after a session), so in 3-4 months things should be significantly improved...

It sounds like you're making great strides on the clearing out and moving along - good for you! Let us know how the Stamp-n-Storage guy does with all of it...

Brenda71 and Hoboken Paper like this post.
Unread 06-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #164
Crimping Master

The Stampnstorage guy was so nice. He was happy with any paper I was willing to part with (didn't matter if they were old colors or newer ones), ink pads and reinkers. Took all of my designer paper. And ALL of my punches except a couple that I held out. No stamps. In 90 minutes I had made $1700 so I was very pleased.

EMDR can't come soon enough. I'm not sleeping and that significantly weakens my ability to deal with the pain. I don't feel like I can make it to the 27th. I have horrible thoughts like setting up a suicide by cop scenario. I'm so afraid of what I'm going to be told next Friday ... how much these women are afraid of me. It just blows my mind. We had girls in the dorm when I was in college 40 years who were suicidal and the other 18-20 year olds were concerned and a supportive. And a group of 60 year old women can't handle one person who falls into a deep depression which is totally out of character and understand it is the brain injury. They CHOSE to be frightened and it is TOTALLY irrational. I'd better not get going. I'm too tired to even think.

Unread 06-02-2017, 06:24 AM   #165
Proud Fan Club Member

Sleep deprivation has very real, very drastic consequences. Please talk to your doctor(s) and see what they can do to help...

I'm glad that the Stamp-n-Storage adventure went so well!

Unread 06-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #166
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Sleep deprivation has very real, very drastic consequences. Please talk to your doctor(s) and see what they can do to help...

I'm glad that the Stamp-n-Storage adventure went so well!
I've never been a good sleeper - even when I was a child. I used to come out and ask for an aspirin because I had leg cramps when I was not more than 6-8. Anyway, for the past 30 years I have taken Amitryptline 100 mg (many people turn into a zombie at 10 or 25 mg) and Triazalom .25 (a benzo). THIRTY YEARS. So when all of this happened last year, my new doctor (psychiatrist) wanted to make some changes. First of all, he informed me that Amitryptline can lead to early onset dementia in older patients (I'm 61). I had no idea! Wasn't sure if I even believed him, but googled it and found out he was right. So started tapering down on that ... went from 100 to 50 pretty seemlessly, but was unable to get below that. 25 mg does NOTHING to me. Can't even feel it. He thinks that's what I'm taking now, but in reality, I still had a stash of 100 mg tabs so I've been cutting those in half and taking 50 mg. Then he wanted me off the Triazalom (a little used drug, expensive and always hard to get but it worked very well for me.) He switched me over to Clonazapam (same class of drugs) and the same dosage but it did nothing so he kept increasing the dosage of it and I'm now taking 3 mg plus the 50 mg of Amitryptline. With those two drugs alone, I still don't sleep well BUT I have one other trick up my sleeve. I'm on 5 blood pressure meds (beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, ace inhibitor and diuretic - maxium dose of all of those) and still run quite high (150/95 -ish) so my one miracle drug is Clonidine. For some reason that drug brings my BP down better than anything else, AND it makes me sleepy. So instead of taking it in the morning with my other meds, I take it at night with my sleeping meds and USUALLY can sleep 5-6 hours - but I wake up at least once an hour, so never feel really rested. I did go through a sleep study some years ago. It was inconclusive. Why? In order to study your sleep, you HAVE to sleep - and I didn't. They try to make the room as comfortable and pleasant as possible - but I just did not ever do more than doze. So it was a failure .... should probably do it again but hate to go through it. I do not have sleep apnea. The one place I slept WONDERFULLY was at Essentia Hospital a few weeks ago when I had my TIA. I didn't want to go home and begged for one more night but when my tests were done, I was booted out. But I had two solid nights of wonderful sleep. The beds massage your back (I sleep best on my back) and those things they put around your legs to prevent clotting were very soothing too. I wonder how much it would cost to get a bed like that at home?!?!

Unread 06-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #167
Polyshrink Goddess

You can buy the leg thingies:

The Circulation Improving Leg Wraps - Hammacher Schlemmer

https://www.vitactivate.com/collecti...SABEgKxlfD_BwE

There's also this in bed massage pad:

The Any Surface Full Body Massage Pad - Hammacher Schlemmer

Aaaahhhh...
Princess Dee likes this post.
Unread 06-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #168
Crimping Master

You are such a wealth of information! These are a little spendy but if they work, they'll be well worth it! I think I'll start with the compression wraps - they have really good reviews. The massage pad has a lot of comments about it being noisy. Do you have one? The biggest problem for me, now that I think about it, is going to be finding an outlet for them to plug into. I have an older home (built in 1957) and the few outlets that I do have in my bedroom are overloaded already (electric blanket, lamps etc.) But I'll figure something out and if nothing else, I can use them in my recliner because I DO have an outlet there.

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #169
Crimping Master

I spent a good bit of yesterday putting my stamp room back together after the Stampnstorage couple were here. If you walked into it, you'd shake your head and say, "You REALLY have gotten rid of half of your stuff???" Yes, I really have. Not stamps, but designer paper, cardstock, reinkers, markers (he took all of my SU markers), punches (he took almost all of them; I didn't let him take my dies), ribbon, buttons and other embellishments. I'm probably down by 75% of a lot of that and so even though the room still has a lot in it (and I do need to have another garage sale this summer) it looks SOOOO much better. I can walk in there. Things are better organized. I no longer have a huge box of 'extra' cardstock. My embellishment section is SOOOO much better and it's stuff I would use, if I ever get back into it. I am REALLY pleased to have it pared down. I can walk in there now without having an anxiety attack!

Brenda71, gregzgurl and mamaxsix like this post.
Unread 06-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #170
Watercolor Wizard

Woo! Hoo! Good for you! I'm so glad it is causing you much less anxiety now! Even without the issues you have been facing, it is such a good feeling to purge things you don't use or want. We have been in the midst of a major home remodel for the past two months and we just got done putting the flooring down in my stamp room today. I have been going through and giving things away and getting better organized in there and I'm definitely not as overwhelmed as I used to be. I hope that eventually your room will bring the joy back to you that it used to. Sending hugs!

My avatar is Sammy, my oldest rescued Golden Retriever!
Unread 06-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #171
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Woo! Hoo! Good for you! I'm so glad it is causing you much less anxiety now! Even without the issues you have been facing, it is such a good feeling to purge things you don't use or want. We have been in the midst of a major home remodel for the past two months and we just got done putting the flooring down in my stamp room today. I have been going through and giving things away and getting better organized in there and I'm definitely not as overwhelmed as I used to be. I hope that eventually your room will bring the joy back to you that it used to. Sending hugs!
I had a friend over today to go through the leftovers and she took a bunch of DP and ribbon. Now am sorting stuff for the garage sale, although probably over half of what I put out will be freebies. It's looking better all the time.

Brenda71 and Kathi127 like this post.
Unread 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #172
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
You are such a wealth of information! These are a little spendy but if they work, they'll be well worth it! I think I'll start with the compression wraps - they have really good reviews. The massage pad has a lot of comments about it being noisy. Do you have one? The biggest problem for me, now that I think about it, is going to be finding an outlet for them to plug into. I have an older home (built in 1957) and the few outlets that I do have in my bedroom are overloaded already (electric blanket, lamps etc.) But I'll figure something out and if nothing else, I can use them in my recliner because I DO have an outlet there.
Sounds like you are really emptying out that room!
What about a TENS unit? I have this (or similar to this).
https://www.amazon.com/HealthmateFor...ns%2Bunit&th=1

It runs on batteries. It has helped me to sleep after knee replacement surgery. I put it on my back. It runs for 80 minutes. If I wake up, I can turn it off, and then back on.
Unread 06-05-2017, 06:04 AM   #173
Crimping Master

Quote:
Sounds like you are really emptying out that room!
What about a TENS unit? I have this (or similar to this).
https://www.amazon.com/HealthmateFor...ns%2Bunit&th=1

It runs on batteries. It has helped me to sleep after knee replacement surgery. I put it on my back. It runs for 80 minutes. If I wake up, I can turn it off, and then back on.
That looks interesting. I like the fact that it runs on batteries, turns off automatically and has a lower price point. Also, very good reviews.

Unread 06-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #174
Gabfest Goddess

The physical therapist used it on my back twice a week after my spine surgery. She told me it is safe to use really as much as I want.
I find it very relaxing when I'm having trouble sleeping because something is hurting. You didn't hear this from me, but it's amazing if your butt is hurting. Those are some big muscles!
ChrisO, Princess Dee and Brenda71 like this post.
Unread 06-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #175
Crimping Master

Quote:
The physical therapist used it on my back twice a week after my spine surgery. She told me it is safe to use really as much as I want.
I find it very relaxing when I'm having trouble sleeping because something is hurting. You didn't hear this from me, but it's amazing if your butt is hurting. Those are some big muscles!
That sounds really good. I am spending a little of my earnings from the stamp room on things like this. When I stopped stamping a year ago, I decided that one thing that I really needed to do was spend the money that I HAD been spending on stamps for something else that would make me feel good and give me joy. I spent roughly $120/mo on stamps so now I get a massage once a month (I have the best therapist IN THE WORLD) and get my nails done once a month. Those have been good trade-offs. So many people tell me to 'be good to myself'. I've never really had a problem with that, ha! I'm a generous person but I do treat myself (and my fur babies) pretty well.

I have a BIG meeting coming up on Friday with my therapist and the pastor from the church where these ladies go (the church I've been attending - at THEIR invitation - for the past year). Four months after they invited me, they called a police officer to find out how they could get rid of me. (That was definitely a low point in all of this). I had DONE nothing. It was all speculation on what they were afraid I MIGHT DO. So the officer told them they really couldn't get a restraining order or anything like that since I hadn't ever even approached them at church, but he did call me to tell me they wanted me to stay away. We agreed on a six month period for 'healing'. Well, that hasn't happened (I stayed away but no one has healed. Silence heals nothing. Communication is what brings people back together.) and I am now back there. I should go back and see if I have already written all of this .... hope I'm not repeating myself. Anyway - prayers and positive thoughts would be appreciated for that meeting on Friday. I was very nervous but Lori and I had a fantastic talk yesterday to discuss 'strategy' and I feel much more confident going into this. She looked me square in the eyes and said, "Beth - I will NOT do this meeting unless you KNOW that I am YOUR advocate. I am there to support you and make sure you are heard." She is the best !!

Brenda71 and gregzgurl like this post.
Unread 06-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #176
Gabfest Goddess

What are these ladies afraid that you might do? I think that's the piece that I don't get.
I know that the question that is asked is "Are you a threat to yourself or others?" From what I've read here, it doesn't sound like you've ever threatened these ladies, or given them cause to fear that you would harm them. It does sound like you have thought about harming yourself, but you are dealing with that with your therapist, the crisis intervention team, and other therapies that you've investigated.
I hope that your meeting goes well, and that you can get some sleep.
Unread 06-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #177
Crimping Master

Quote:
What are these ladies afraid that you might do? I think that's the piece that I don't get.
I know that the question that is asked is "Are you a threat to yourself or others?" From what I've read here, it doesn't sound like you've ever threatened these ladies, or given them cause to fear that you would harm them. It does sound like you have thought about harming yourself, but you are dealing with that with your therapist, the crisis intervention team, and other therapies that you've investigated.
I hope that your meeting goes well, and that you can get some sleep.
That's what NO ONE (including me) understands. No, they definitely aren't afraid of me harming them. They are afraid I might come up and TALK to them. You know, try to engage them in some way. And I have gone out of my way to stay OUT of their space. I've never even APPROACHED them at church or anywhere else. I walked out of a concert a couple months ago (a bluegrass concert that I had really been looking forward to) because they were there. I stayed until the intermission and then left. There's an annual event for a local homeless shelter that I go to every year, and so do they, and I DIDN'T go this year because I knew they would be there and I knew they would be uncomfortable even if was a city block away from them. I stay away from all the places I know they go (Q'dobas on Wednesday nights, Moxie Java on Saturday mornings). I don't walk in their neighborhoods, I don't ring their doorbells, I don't call them - and have never done ANY of those things. But because I WAS suicidal a few times last summer, they are deathly afraid of me. I have heard about there being a stigma with mental illness but I had NO IDEA it would destroy my closest friendships. That's what hurts so much. There is a PSA running on TV right now, encouraging people (teens, in particular) to 'tell someone' if they are thinking of hurting themselves. I want to scream every time I hear it. We had girls in the dorm in college who were suicidal and 19-21 year olds were more caring and supportive than this group of mature 60+ year old ladies. I don't think I will ever understand them. If I was someone they didn't know well, I could KIND of understand. But they had known me for YEARS. (I sent the PD copies of a whole bunch of notes and Emails I've gotten from them over the years, expressing appreciation for my friendship in various ways. I wanted them to get a little more balanced picture than what they had heard from these ladies. ) When I first had the stroke and was kicked out of one stamping group because they want a younger home school Mom in my place, I was hurt by that and fell into a deep depression. Both of my brothers were overseas for the summer - so this church group was where I looked for support, and at first they WERE supportive, but very quickly they began to back away. By the end of October, I'd lost them all. I WILL say that two of them, for sure, are very fearful women. They were the first two to bail and I wasn't terribly surprised, but I was shocked when I lost the other two. I will never understand, but I hope to gain a little insight during Friday's meeting. I am scared though. I can't take much more. If it doesn't go well, I could be in a lot of trouble. I am taking the whole day off (work) because I do not want to have to go to the office after this meeting if I'm in a lot of distress. The irony of the first group that kicked me out is that I actually HAD tried to withdraw earlier, and they pretty much refused to let me. I got so much push back that I agreed to reconsider, but then I had the stroke, and suddenly they didn't want me after all. And the sad part of that is that when I met with the occupational therapist (about two hours before I got RD's email kicking me out) she was THRILLED to hear that I was a stamper. She said, "That will be the PERFECT activity to regain strength in your right arm." Little did we know ....

Last edited by Princess Dee; 06-07-2017 at 04:49 PM..
Unread 06-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #178
Crimping Master

Summary of above:

I had a stroke

First stamp group decided to replace me

I was hurt by that and the combination of rejection and stroke threw me into a deep depression

Of my four closest friends in the second (church) stamp group, two were very supportive, one was mildly supportive (but started to back away pretty quickly) and one was not supportive at all. (Only saw her once all summer and that was at a birthday party - after which she let me know that she was frightened because I was too quiet and didn't want to see me until I'd fully recovered. Definition of a fair weather friend.)

As the summer wore on, I really WAS making a good recovery but it took me six weeks to get in to see a therapist and ten weeks to see a psychiatrist and started on an antidepressant. When my recovery wasn't as fast as my church group friends wanted, they started to back away. This sent me into a tailspin.

The more they pulled away, the more depressed I became. The more depressed I became, the more they pulled away. I BEGGED them (over and over) to come and talk to me in person. I KNEW that it could all be cleared up if we just sat down and talked as friends. They refused and still refuse. The pain of being shunned by my closest friends has kept me in a life and death battle for 9 months now. I wouldn't say I'm fighting for my life EVERY day but a LOT of days I am. I hope and pray that Friday will bring some closure. Those friendships are over. I have to let them go. Really could never trust them again anyway. But we run into each other at all kinds of places so I AM hoping we can get to a point where they don't literally run away from me when they see me. It is THAT behavior that makes me acutely suicidal. I'm exhausted. I just want to move on. I just wish they could acknowledge me in some small way instead of treating me like I don't exist. It is killing me.

I have NEVER threatened ANYONE in ANY way in my entire life. EVER. I am not perfect, but I am a generous, loyal and compassionate friend. Their fears are COMPLETELY unfounded. But fear is fear, and they are afraid of me. I believe that the first two are sicker than I am, and that the other two couldn't stand up to them (and THAT was a shock, because they are strong, confident women; those last two.) The reasons they gave me were flimsy and bogus .... going camping with my dogs wen I was 'supposed' to be depressed, a facebook post about friendship (something about a true friend standing with you in the storm that I had found on line.) It hurts so much. But there is nothing I can do about it. THEY need to deal with their fears. They have CHOSEN fear over trust and I cannot help them with that.

Last edited by Princess Dee; 06-07-2017 at 05:52 PM..
Unread 06-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #179
Crimping Master

An update on today's meeting - and then I will take a break from posting for a while. I have so appreciated the support and friendship and genuine concert I have found here. Thank you seems so inadequate.

The meeting went well and we will meet again in a few weeks. Today was mostly discussing what has already taken place. Next time we will talk about where we go from here.

A little back ground .... I majored in social work in college and minored in philosophy. I had no less that three professors who REALLY thought I should go to law school. I wasn't interested in the least. But what I heard today was something I have heard a couple times before. It obviously is a blind spot. The ONLY issue with these women is that I wrote too many Emails, pleading with them to meet with me. The pastor assured me there is no other issue than that - but that one was huge. And one reason it was huge is because they are (or became) afraid of me. They saw what I was writing. They were afraid to come and talk to me for fear that I would out-reason them and pin them to the wall. My brothers will not be surprised at this because they do it too. It is an inherited sense of logic and reasoning we got from my father. Like most anything, it can be used in a positive way and a negative way. In this case it scared the women and drove them away. And they shunned me in response. They viewed my Emails as harassing and I viewed their shunning me as equally harassing. But the law of least interest prevails; the side that cares the least holds the power. I am hoping that we can get to the place where we don't literally run away from each other; that we can be civil, say 'hello', nod, smile ..... acknowledge each other in some way. Time will tell but that that is my hope and prayer.

The conversation was amiable; no raised voices and we each did roughly 1/3 of the talking so no dominant person. It felt pretty healthy.

I could NOT sleep last night. Finally fell asleep about 4:15 and was up at 6 so will take a little nap before going to work.

Brenda71 and gregzgurl like this post.
Unread 06-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #180
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Things have been a little busy around here -- home appliances breaking left and right.

I don't have any personal experience with these products, but I find that reading reviews can usually help me figure out if something is worth a purchase.

Now that you know what to look for, you can also try Amazon.

I'm so glad that you were able to have a productive meeting that will hopefully be the start of a healing process. Plus, I'm sure that continued therapy, EMDR and other things will help too.

It sounds like you learned something about yourself and human psychology that you can use in the future.

And don't forget to stop by and visit when you feel up to crafting again : )
Princess Dee and lynnewithane like this post.
Unread 06-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #181
Crimping Master

An update ....

First of all, I had a friend over on Saturday and we actually stamped! Just before my stroke last year, I purchased 5 kits from SU .... they were the ones with a little clip board and then 13 different pages that you could put on them for seasons of the year, holidays, one that says "Choose to be happy", "Be Brave" etc. I just loved them. But I couldn't bring myself to get them out - made me sick to my stomach to think about it. So this past weekend, which was cool and rainy, I had a friend over for lunch and we started working on them. Got about 1/3 done. We will each keep one for ourselves and give the other three away as gifts.

On a sadder note, my 29 years of employment at the radio station ended on Friday. It was all finalized yesterday and so I now am beginning a new chapter of life. Since late October, when the second group of stamping friends (including my four closest friends) abandoned me, the pain has truly been intolerable. That, added to several more TIAs and extreme sleep deprivation, has made it difficult to function. I loved my job, love my home and love this community, but it does seem clear now that doors are closing here and there is some new venture in a new place, yet to be discovered. I will be taking some down time this summer to rest and reflect, before putting my house on the market and applying for jobs. (That said, if doors open sooner and something falls in my lap, I would certainly consider it.) There have been SO MANY losses - it is almost incomprehensible, but if I've learned one thing this past year, it is that I am not alone in suffering. All of us experience it in one form or another during our lives. So, although my grief and sadness are overwhelming right now, they are also mixed with a sense of adventure and excitement to see what is next in store for me. My former stamping friends have explicitly expressed their desire that I will move away and they will be happy to learn of this newest development. They've worked very hard to make it happen - reporting suspicions to the police, shunning me, refusing to acknowledge me in any way. So they won this battle, but our lives are not over yet and I do believe they will reap what they have sowed, in due time.

Unread 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #182
Gabfest Goddess

YOU have won because YOU are the one open to new adventures! Turn your thoughts to your blessings. Anytime a negative thought comes into your mind switch to thinking about your blessings. A helpful book is "Thank and Grow Rich" by Pam Grout about expecting aboundance from the universe and you will receive it.

Best Wishes for a happy, health future with positive, loving people!
Unread 06-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #183
Proud Fan Club Member

Woo hoo! On to the next thing! I know that part of you will grieve the things you are leaving, but WOW! What an opportunity for new adventures! In earlier posts you mentioned the job as a factor in not moving, so that particular obstacle is out of the way now, yes? I love switching things up (DH and I have moved 32 times in 26 years) and trying new things, so I'll totally cheer you on! "Rest and reflection" is a good way to start, too. Keep us posted!

Brenda71, Kathi127, jeangenie and 1 others like this post.
Unread 06-21-2017, 04:34 AM   #184
Gabfest Goddess

Oh my gosh, Sue. When we moved into this house 30 years ago, my husband swore they would take him out in a pine box. We just paid off the mortgage this week. I wouldn't mind moving, but our part time retirement jobs tie us to this area.
Brenda71, gregzgurl and Hoboken Paper like this post.
Unread 06-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #185
Cardstock Collector

Smile Kindness of Strangers can be traded for some Friendships!!!

There are several avenues to your questions. I personally hate to see you give up something because you love based on acceptance of others.

Can you let me know the status of your situation currently and if you are selling or will keep stamping. It's sad as I think bullying takes on adult forms just as kindness and maturity and Class can. I am a newcomer and would like to talk to you regarding crafting if you are willing to reach out.

[QUOTE=Princess Dee;21456168]I need some ideas about how to begin to liquidate my stamp room. I was deeply involved in stamping for 20 years (it was an addiction), was a SU demonstrator for 10, and have 2/3 of the PTI sets with dies, Taylored Expressions, Hero Arts, Verve, ODB, Catís Meow, Clearly Besotted, Wplus9, Waltzing house, Flourishes, CTMH, and every other stamp company that has ever existed. It was out of control, and a conservative guess on the value of my inventory would be around $50,000. Did I mention it was an addiction?!?!? I live in a medium size city and was involved in 4 different stamp groups. I was way past the point of making cards for myself, but enjoyed making them for fundraisers and other people. But the biggest reason I was in it was for the friendships.
Unread 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #186
Crimping Master

Thought I'd share a pic of my dogs and me, taken yesterday in St. Cloud. I met up with a friend for lunch there and we had a wonderful day together. (Hmmmm - I was trying to make it smaller .... haven't figured out how to do that yet.)

Ragtop, Brenda71, cardmaker2 and 5 others like this post.
Unread 06-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #187
Gabfest Goddess

Beautiful picture!
Princess Dee and Brenda71 like this post.
Unread 06-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #188
Proud Fan Club Member

Sweet! I used to have a corgi/border collie mix - such a sweet, smart dog! Beautiful pic of you and your furbabies...

Princess Dee and Brenda71 like this post.
Unread 06-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #189
Watercolor Wizard

What a beautiful pic of you and your furbabies! They are gorgeous! My nephew wants a Corgi so bad but they already have two Goldens so his mom says no. I tried to convince my hubby to let him get one and keep it at our house. Since we already have 6 dogs that didn't go over very well! lol

Princess Dee, Brenda71 and Hoboken Paper like this post.
Unread 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #190
Kookie Creator

Love the picture, Beth!
Unread 07-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #191
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
What a beautiful pic of you and your furbabies! They are gorgeous! My nephew wants a Corgi so bad but they already have two Goldens so his mom says no. I tried to convince my hubby to let him get one and keep it at our house. Since we already have 6 dogs that didn't go over very well! lol

I used to talk about having a six pack. Then I had a 14 month period in which I had three and decided that two was the right number for me!

Kathi127 likes this post.
Unread 07-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #192
Crimping Master

I am getting ready to leave next Friday with Scarlett & Zak on one more big swing out West - Yellowstone, Sawtooths of Idaho (my favorite place ever), San Francisco Bay area (have friends there), a couple days in southern California, Sequoia and Yosemite, Crescent Beach, Crater Lake, Priest Lake, Idaho, Glacier National Park and then home. I'l be home a week and then go to our cabin and down to northern Indiana to look at homes. Current plan is to live in Elkhart or Goshen - the right distance from family (115 miles) and in a town similar size to Fargo-Moorhead. I have a realtor on each end, have gotten a quote for moving my furniture and will drive the rest in a Ryder truck. My biggest challenge is that all of the men who used to help me with things like loading and unloading a truck, little fix it jobs etc are the husbands of my former stamping friends. So I will either have to do it all myself or hire someone to load the truck for me. My back is a little touchy so I don't want to end up with a major injury out of this move. One day at a time .... this weekend I am getting my house ready to show (staging ... removing all personal photos etc.) and getting ready for our big camping trip at the same time. My head is spinning but I am getting a lot done.

Ragtop likes this post.
Unread 07-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #193
Gabfest Goddess

That trip sounds like a dream vacation to me! Never heard of the Sawtooths of Idaho. I need to look that up! I just love the American west!!!
I don't know if they have it in Minnesota, but here in the east, my daughter has hired "Two Men and a Truck". They have been very reasonable for her moves.
I also keep hearing ads for an app called Takl. Not sure if they would haul furniture, but maybe.
Very exciting that you are setting out on a new adventure!
Unread 07-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #194
Watercolor Wizard

What an awesome trip you have planned! Hubby and I have plans to go out west in our motorhome and just take as much time as we want exploring all the places we want to see and visiting friends that we have in several states. Unfortunately we are going to have to wait until we are down to two or three dogs, it would be too much to take all 6. And I couldn't afford the pet sitting fees for an extended period of time. If you can, please keep us posted and have a wonderful and safe trip!

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #195
Gabfest Goddess

Oh my goodness. The Sawtooth Mountains are gorgeous!!!
Unread 07-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #196
Crimping Master

[QUOTE=Kathi127;21492161]What an awesome trip you have planned! Hubby and I have plans to go out west in our motorhome and just take as much time as we want exploring all the places we want to see and visiting friends that we have in several states. Unfortunately we are going to have to wait until we are down to two or three dogs, it would be too much to take all 6. And I couldn't afford the pet sitting fees for an extended period of time. If you can, please keep us posted and have a wonderful and safe trip![/QUOTE

I've been a tenter for 55 years and done quite a few trips alone with my dogs but never one this ambitious. The only new place for me will be Priest Lake. I've wanted to get up there for years and almost got to do it on my last trip to the Canadian Rockies but ran short on time. Now I have all three time I need and it's going to feel weird to travel without worrying about what is piling up on my desk back home! Since I'm moving East, it just seemed like a good opportunity to do it. I shut down my FB account in Feb but will ressurect it for this trip so that I can post photos for my aunt, cousins and other friends of my parents to see. They will be public posts under Beth Pennimgs. Feel free to follow along. Just please doing comment on my upcoming move or any of the stamp group drama.

lynnewithane and Kathi127 like this post.
Unread 07-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #197
Watercolor Wizard

I've been a tenter for 55 years and done quite a few trips alone with my dogs but never one this ambitious. The only new place for me will be Priest Lake. I've wanted to get up there for years and almost got to do it on my last trip to the Canadian Rockies but ran short on time. Now I have all three time I need and it's going to feel weird to travel without worrying about what is piling up on my desk back home! Since I'm moving East, it just seemed like a good opportunity to do it. I shut down my FB account in Feb but will ressurect it for this trip so that I can post photos for my aunt, cousins and other friends of my parents to see. They will be public posts under Beth Pennimgs. Feel free to follow along. Just please doing comment on my upcoming move or any of the stamp group drama.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to follow along with you on your trip! And mum's the word on anything else!

Unread 07-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #198
Crimping Master

I can't wait to follow along with you on your trip! And mum's the word on anything else![/QUOTE]

I'm a little disheartened, looking at the forecast for the coming week. The days I am scheduled to be at Medora, Bozeman and the Sawtooths the high temps are forecast for 102-106 !!! I am NOT a hot weather person as I have a real problem with dehydration despite drinking tons of water. So I won't be doing much hiking (maybe early morning) and I'll have to be very careful to keep the dogs cool too. I usually take my camping trips in late May/early June for this very reason. I have had times when it's been so hot that I actually took the dogs with me into a rest stop rather than leave them in the car - even with windows open - for five minutes. I'm hoping the trip home will be cooler.

Unread 07-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #199
Crimping Master

Quote:
Oh my goodness. The Sawtooth Mountains are gorgeous!!!

I totally agree! I follow the Salmon River down from about Dillon, Montana to Stanley and stay at national forest campgrounds along the river. That is MY MOST FAVORITE place ever. The scenery along Hwys 75 and 21 eclipses Yellowstone, Glacier and even Yosemite in my opinion. It's at least as good and you don't have to contend with the crowds. I love the national parks but I can't hike with my dogs there (I do understand why, and agree with the rule) so I tend to find other scenic spots just outside the park borders.

In the Eastern US, my most favorite place is Letchworth State Park in the Finger Lakes region of New York. NY is SUCH a gorgeous state between the Catskills, Adirondecks, Hudson River Valley, Niagra Falls, and Finger Lakes. I have given just a little thought to retiring there (that's where my Dad grew up) but I am a midwest girl, through and through, and I think I would be too homesick for MN there.

Unread 07-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #200
Gabfest Goddess

I've been to Yellowstone three times, but it's been a long time now, and I understand about the crowds there. Love, love, love the Tetons! I've been to Yosemite, but I think I was about 12 years old then. Glacier is on my list, and now the Sawtooths. I also loved Lake Tahoe!
We took a trip one summer with the kids to Cooperstown and Niagra Falls, so I got a little taste of that area of NY. Lots of places on my bucket list!
I am not as big on camping as I used to be, and my husband has no interest in it at all. His one and only "camping trip" was a year in Vietnam. Need I say more? When our son was in scouts, I did the camping with him, not DH.
I planned a July trip this summer with my DD to the southwest. I think I've been to the Grand Canyon 5 times, but my family has never been. We were going to fly to Phoenix (we're in Maryland), rent a car, and do a big circle through Arizona, southern Utah, and New Mexico. I ended up cancelling due to my slow knee recovery. Didn't think I could handle the long plane ride, hours and hours in the car, and lots of hiking. As it turns out, it's been ridiculously hot there, and lots of wildfires, so it's probably just as well.
She and I are going to have a staycation craftapalooza when DH goes to visit his brother in MN. I do love MN!
Have a wonderful trip, despite the heat. Stay hydrated and take short hikes, and I'm sure you'll be fine. What a great vacation for you! Looking forward to reading your FB posts.
Kathi127 likes this post.