Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to mariewick
Default dealing with death

I had a hard time dealing with my grandmothers death about a year ago. But today really sucked. A so so day at work to come home to even worse news. Sometime last night my uncle committed suicide. He wasn't that old (2 kids) both in high school. If there's one thing I hate it's death. He was always the joking uncle. It kind of hit me. I hate dealing with death and here it is again. What are somethings that you do to cope?

Thank you for all your help.

Marie
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so sorry to hear about the recent deaths in your family. I just lost my last living grandmother a few months ago. Everyone mourns differently. Personally, I think it helps to talk about it but that doesn't work for everyone. Just give yourself time and know it's okay to cry.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Marie,

I am so sorry for your loss,, death is always so difficult, more so when it is unexpected. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kristen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

My grandfather past away in March. It was really hard for me and still is. For me, other than antidepressants, what I find helps is trying to remember things. I think that death is so hard because we're afraid of forgetting. For my grandfathers memorial I made two big boards to have out at the service. It was all pictures of him and us grandkids. We spent so many hours just recalling stories. And while I still miss him and cry for him pratically daily I do so while remembering things about him and that to me is comforting.

*big hug* It's hard I know, but try to think of things your uncle did with you. Being the crafty people we are now is the perfect time to make an album of just him.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to mariewick

It's like when things start to shine a little here comes life with a smack. I have to say this past year there has been more going on in my life then I really needed to deal with. However crappy all that was it's like I am waiting for more aweful news. I don't know what to expect. I mean this came out of no where a complete shock to everyone. I feel so bad for my cousins to be without a father and my aunt to be without her husband. I can't imagine what drives a person to such great lengths. I know I have been depressed but I sought help. Yeah the thought occurred to me that "what if I wasn't around anymore" but NEVER NEVER NEVER would I act on it. I just feel bad because I would never want to go through this myself let alone a family member. When my mom told me he was the last person on earth that I thought something would have happened to. I HATE funerals!!!!! A LOT!! in a way I don't want to go but he's my uncle..............this is just crappy!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Oh Marie,
I am so very sorry about all of this. Death is hard anyway, but there is that extra difficulty with suicide. It hurts, on it's own, on top of the death.

Take care of yourself.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:37 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher

Marie,

I'm so sorry for the losses you're experiencing. I've never been able to deal with death and can't imagine the suicide of someone I love. My dear Mom died almost 20 yrs ago and I still am in mourning. For me, it does help to talk to people I love about her. Also, prayer has been helping me to hold things together these days. (My DH and I are separated--my choice, but things are a bit tough).

Please know that there are lots of people out here thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. Hugs to you,

Blessings,

Jacque
Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I lost my Mom a year ago March and I still miss her terribly. . . death isn't easy on any of us. I found that keep- ing a journal is helpful. I stamped and made my own using images I thought she's like or reminded me of the good times. The mourning takes time and everyone goes about it their own way. . . Take care of yourself so you can be there to help others. . . {{{{hugs}}}}