Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 10-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
MISTI Monday Challenge Team Leader

Default MISTI Monday October 2017

Challenge Title: Repeat stamping with the MISTI - Ombre styleHostess: MISTI Monday
Keyword: MSP3
Date: October 2nd

I cannot believe that October is upon us. Today was actually the first cool, fall feeling day in my part of the country. This is my favorite time of the year. Bonfires, flannel, leaf piles and pumpkins are things I love about autumn. This is also a fun time for card making with all the beautiful fall tones we can use.

This month, I thought I'd share a card I made to send to my twin nephews with their Halloween goodies. It makes a great challenge for this month as I used my MISTI for the entire card.

One of the great things about the MISTI is using the graph paper (or mousepad) underneath your paper as a guide to repeat stamp. I started with my paper up in the left hand corner of my MISTI (I stamp using the lid on the right side) and aligned my stamp where I wanted my darkest image, in the bottom right hand corner of my card.

After stamping the imagine in the darkest color, I cleaned my stamp off and then moved my paper down 5 square on the grid sheet (1.25 inches). Keeping my stamp on the lid, in the exact same place, I then used a lighter ink and stamped the image again.

I cleaned the stamp off again, moved my paper down 5 square (1.25 inches) and stamped in the lightest color. All the while, leaving my stamp in the same spot on my MISTI lid.

I removed the goodies stamp and then realigned the paper on the right hand side of my MISTI so I could stamp on the left side of the circles. I stamped in the same manner as my first images and after aligning the linear stamp, moved it down 1.25 inches each time to stamp in the repeating style.

I then stamped the black words over the orange lines.

The MISTI made this process quick and easy because the stamp always stayed on the same place on my lid. I only moved my paper an equal space each time.

I added splatters and sequins and mounted the panel on black scalloped paper.

Below is the finished, mounted card ready to put in my box of candy for my nephews.

Thank you for looking at my card and I hope you join in this challenge!

Please enter the challenge by uploading your card using a repeating stamp in an ombre style as i did above. Let me know how you used your MISTI on your card and all entrants will be entered to a win a chance at a $50.00 gift card from My Sweet Petunia!

Good luck and happy Autumn!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All MISTI Monday Challenge Entries must be uploaded to your member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 30th, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible to win $50 gift certificate to My Sweet Petunia (My Sweet Petunia). Post a link to your entry in this thread.

2. You may combine this challenge with other challenges, and also have multiple entries. Please use a full description on your card of how you used your MISTI to create this project.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Unread 10-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

This looks terrific!

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 10-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

My entry using the ombre repeat stamping technique:
Ombre Leaf by Dr Sonja - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CAS Best of 2016 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2707079

Favorites Best of 2016 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2691273
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
Mad Swapper

I enjoyed using my MISTI and I am so glad I found this challenge, it was lots of fun for me. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=206891
Kristy's Blog I am a Fun Stampers Journey Coach! Coach #55.
I am a consultant for Agnes and Dora.
Unread 10-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

I just found this challenge today and had to try it! Thank you for the instructions on using the grid pad for multiple stamping. That's awesome!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...9959?nocache=1

TFL
Psalms 118:24~ Diane
Unread 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I loved, loved, loved the repeat stamping part of this challenge. I got a bit carried away with the ombre effect LOL.

MISTI Forest

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Unread Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #7
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

I just found this challenge through one of Susie's posts (thanks Susie!) I'm happy to join in with my repeat stamping ombre card! https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...1179?nocache=1
On Design Teams for Eileen Hull's Sizzix Dies, A Vintage Journey , CAS Mix Up Challenge
susie australia likes this post.