Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
MISTI Monday Challenge Team Leader

Default July 2019 MISTI Monday Challenge

Challenge Title: Summer Sizzle
Hostess: MISTI Monday
Keyword: MSP23
Date: July 8th, 2019

Hello and Happy July! I hope you are all doing well! I've recuperated from JunkieFest and my little bug I got afterwards. This month has started off with a bang and I'm not even talking about the 4th festivities!

I had a really difficult time coming up with a challenge for this month, but when I got the idea, it came together so quickly! I hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I did creating it!

This card is inspired by a dear friend of mine who recently bought a new little camper and I got to spend some time with her at Junkiefest. We live in different parts of the country.

I took traditional summer/July colors, but made a friendship card instead of a patriotic theme.

Most of the card is die cuts, but I did use my MISTI to help with embossing my sentiment straight and able to double stamp the versamark for sure coverage on the card stock. I also used my Cut-Align to cut my banner strip.

Your challenge for this month is to create a summer (Not July 4th Holiday) card using Red, White and Blue. Usually our use of those colors is reserved for the holiday. I tried to use them in a fresh, summery way. I think I achieved that!

I really hope you have a good month and enjoy your craft time. I've been feeling so blessed by our crafting community lately and I sincerely hope you're enjoying the challenges. Even though I'm a terrible procrastinator, I really enjoy making the cards for this forum.

Thank you!
MISTI Monday

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All MISTI Monday Challenge Entries must be uploaded to your member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than, Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible to win a $50 gift certificate to My Sweet Petunia! The winner will be announced Sunday, August 4th.
2. You may combine this challenge with other challenges, and also have multiple entries. Please use a full description on either how you used your MISTI or, if you don't own a MISTI, how you would have loved to incorporate its help!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
pnzimmer, smadson and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

I like using my MISTI for double ink on versamark sentiments too! An the MISTI ruler I use often to get my sentiment straight when I adhere it to the card front...

A summer card in red/white/blue sounds like a great idea.

You won't get today back!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Insane Embellisher

This is perfect! It fits right in with this week's Mod Squad Challenge if anyone is interested: http://modsquadchallenge.com/sweet-strawberries/
They are both all about red, white and blue. Looking forward to playing with this challenge.

I used my Misti on most every card I make, even with a wood mount stamp and a stamp positioner. The magnets help so much in keeping my paper in one place.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Alumni

Super fun

IC710 ~ Glitter Birthday by SmilynStef - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 07-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

Here is my card:

Red, White and Blue Hot air Balloons by lovinpaper - at Splitcoaststampers
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #6
Insane Embellisher

Here is another card for this challenge.

Anchor Birthday by lovinpaper - at Splitcoaststampers

Since the monthly Gina K challenge is to use a flag, I chose the USA flag and used Gina K stamps. My MISTI was invaluable for keeping my stamps in rows that are even.
Old Today, 04:03 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

I do like the look of red/white/blue!

Happy Birthday Celebration by FayeMakesCards - at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks again for a fun challenge. I plan to make another card for this challenge.

You won't get today back!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!