Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   My Sweet Petunia (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-sweet-petunia-424/)
-   -   August MISTI Monday Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/my-sweet-petunia-424/august-misti-monday-challenge-630148/)

MISTI Monday 08-05-2019 05:45 PM

August MISTI Monday Challenge

Challenge Title: Getting in Shape
Hostess: MISTI Monday
Keyword: MSP24
Date: August 5th, 2019

Hi Everyone! Welcome to August!

Right away I've got 2 things I want to celebrate! First, the 5th Anniversary of My Sweet Petunia! Finding the MISTI almost 5 years ago changed my life in ways I could never imagine. I'm so proud of Iliana and her company. In my eyes, she revolutionized stamping. Second, I'm celebrating my 24th MISTI Monday challenge! I cannot believe it's been 2 years! It's been so fun. You girls have been so nice and such a wonderful group to host.

Over the past two years, I'm sure you've realized; 1) I'm a night person, and 2) I sometimes forget to announce winners on the night I'm supposed to. Laughing.

It's also very hard for me to remember what challenges I've done in the past 2 years. Coming up with new ones is HARD, lol. But I really liked playing with my idea tonight and I hope you want to play, too!

I always laugh because I say I'm going to be in better shape by the end of August than I was at the beginning of May. Hey, my intentions are totally good. My follow through just stinks. So for this month's challenge, I'm going to have you working with basic geometric shapes.

I've taken a simple square stamp and created my own background with it, covering my entire card. It was so much fun thinking of the pattern and what I wanted it to look like. I wanted an ombre effect from top to bottom. And because the background is so busy, the sentiment was basic.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...5a6d830694.jpg<sub></sub><sup></sup>

For the card I used the Waffle Flower Color Swatches for Inkpads stamp set. I took the bigger square stamp and just proceeded to stamp it over and over again in a random pattern, but with different shades of blue. Using Altenew inks, I went from Dark at the top to lightest at the bottom. Doesn't it look like a mosaic print? I recently got a new mini grid die that cuts out little tiny squares. I thought it would be neat to cut out silver paper and just accent the blues with it. This card was so quick and easy to make and there are so many more ideas in my head using circles, triangles and rectangles, as well.

Your challenge this month is to create a background using any geometric shape. You can use any colors and do any pattern you'd like. The options are endless.

I used my MISTI to stamp my Just A sentiment and to help line the hello letters in a straight line. This also used my Cut-Align.

I can't wait to send this card to someone. It's bright and cheery.
Thanks for taking a look and I hope to see you all posting entries.
Have a great August!

Love MISTI Monday

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All MISTI Monday Challenge Entries must be uploaded to your member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than, Friday, August 30th, 2019 at Midnight, Central Time to be eligible to win a $50 gift certificate to My Sweet Petunia! The winner will be announced in the evening on Sunday, September 1st.
2. You may combine this challenge with other challenges, and also have multiple entries. Please use a full description on either how you used your MISTI or, if you don't own a MISTI, how you would have loved to incorporate its help!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Ozpom 08-06-2019 12:59 AM

Your card is awesome Monday Misti. Happy day and thank you for the challenge. Another one to add to my list....I do have geometric stamps lol.

JRHolbrook 08-06-2019 06:37 AM

Great card Misti Monday! Congratulations on 2 years of challenges! That's a lot of thinking! LOL I'm hoping to participate this month, but like your goal to get in shape by August, I sometimes procrastinate and don't get to all I want to do! That certainly happened in July!

avrawill 08-06-2019 01:16 PM

Great card! I have that Waffle Flower stamp set on order - it was the first thing I thought of! But - since it's not here yet anyway, I'll come up with something else to use :)

CraftyMerla 08-06-2019 05:36 PM

I want to say congratulations, but I really mean THANK YOU! for sharing your ideas and pocketbook with all of us. I kept looking at the MISTI and hoping to save up for it. Then I found this challenge and got so very lucky. I won! I ordered by mini MISTI and my stamping life has never been the same. My granddaughter showed up and loved it so very much, I had to give it to her. I turned around and ordered another one for me. Once you stamp with it, you HAVE TO HAVE IT! I will continue to save and buy all of the other tools and things. So, THANK YOU so much for your generosity. It is so appreciated by all of us.

I will be gone next week to take care of my grandsons, but I should be back in time to participate this month. For the rest of this week, I am trying to just get as DIRTY as possible with all of the DTGD challenges! My MISITI is saving me from many disasters.

Joyfulstamper7 08-13-2019 01:38 PM

Love this challenge! This is only my second MISTI challenge to enter. I appreciate all you do to allow these challenges to happen. 😁. I don’t have a MISTI (yet πŸ˜‰) so I really appreciate the opportunity to share ideas through challenges with an opportunity to win. 😁

Here are 3 cards I’ve made for this challenge. Looking forward to seeing so many great cards from others! 😊

Lines and Dots Happy Birthday by Joyfulstamper7 - at Splitcoaststampers

Retro Arcs and Circles by Joyfulstamper7 - at Splitcoaststampers

Red Floral Hello by Joyfulstamper7 - at Splitcoaststampers

FayeMakesCards 08-14-2019 03:44 AM

MISTI Monday its almost the middle of the month but I finally got here!

DTGD is so fun, so thankful for the MISTIs I have and a room in which to play, make a mess and most of the time up and leave it in that way!!!!

This will be a fun challenge yet a challenge as off the top of my head I can think of dies but not stamps so multi stamping with the MISTI will be a must!

Congratulations on 2 years of MSP...I've wondered how to find the old threads, I've never looked to see if you post in the gallery the card you make but I wondered if I looked for MSP1, MSP2...if I would find something as I wanted to go back and do all the ones I have missed.

Enjoy being different in 2 weeks than you were 3 months ago, I'm sure in some way you have changed!

Ozpom 08-14-2019 04:00 AM

Wow...2 years of challenges..that was about the time I joined this site and what a whirlwind it’s been since. Thank you for making our Monday first of the month a day to look forward to. I love my Misti....happy day

MiamiKel4 08-14-2019 03:24 PM

Congratulations to you on 2 years of success and embodying the wonders of innovation and revolutionizing stamping! Here's to many more celebratory moments!

Here is my first challenge card! So thrilled to be a part of it :)
Foxy's August Adventures! by MiamiKel4 - at Splitcoaststampers

annsforte3 08-21-2019 11:16 AM

Here's my card for August!

The hard part was finding a stamp in a geometric shape! No stamp, no problem, fun foam!! Taped the fun foam to my mini MISTI to stamp the shapes!! Had to stamp over and over again to get as dark as I could for the black backgrounds to do the mandala design. Good thing for the MISTI, otherwise disaster in trying to stamp over and over again!!

This challenge lined up perfectly with making the mandalas!!

MINI MANDALAS

annsforte3 08-21-2019 11:47 AM

Forgot to say a big CONGRATS on MISTI MONDAYS anniversary!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

hoptownracer1 08-22-2019 09:13 PM

Here is my entry. It is my first time to enter here, so I hope I did it correctly! I enjoyed looking at all the awesome cards shared here!

Big Boy Toys by hoptownracer1 - at Splitcoaststampers

FayeMakesCards 08-24-2019 03:18 PM

I will not be participating this month or in September. Life is too busy with people.

I do look forward to November through March when I don't drive and I make lots of cards and have fun inside my house! I plan to be back...;)

CraftyMerla 08-26-2019 02:14 PM

Here is my card for this getting in shape challenge:

Hey, Circles

I used my Misti in order to make sure my ink was dark enough. The Pineapple Punch is light on the camera, but looks fine in real life. I was also able to get my sentiment and flowers in the right spots. Thanks for Looking!

Hawaiian 08-27-2019 07:24 AM

Here is 1 of my enteries

Hawaiian_Dot 2 Dot by Hawaiian - at Splitcoaststampers

Hawaiian 08-27-2019 07:33 AM

Here my 2nd entry which will go to my granddaughter along with the card above for her belated birthday from gma and I have to really Mahalos Fairy Much The Misti and its creator for making this special handmade gift for my darlin granddaughter Perfect!!
The Misti is PERFECTION at its finest! Life with a Misti have definitely been blessed with perfection!

Hawaiian_4 Bugs aka Justice - Tag You It! by Hawaiian - at Splitcoaststampers

JRHolbrook 08-27-2019 10:17 AM

I made this card for the 5th Anniversary of My Sweet Petunia and the 24th Misti challenge! I used my Misti to place the little girl & kitty and the arrows! Such a fun challenge!
MSP24 Smile Kitty by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

Dsk1 08-30-2019 10:51 AM

Congratulations on two years of MISTI Monday challenges! August has flown by and I am just getting my card posted today. Talk about the last minute! I had to think about this one for a bit, but here is my card: Oval Background by Dsk1 - at Splitcoaststampers

Dsk1 08-30-2019 10:53 AM

Forgot to say that I used my MISTI with my wreath template to make the background, and my Cut-Align to cut my sentiment.

Hawaiian 08-30-2019 11:33 AM

Congratulations on both Milestones Sis and may there be fairy fairy much more to come!! And Mahalo Fairy Much for the kindness and sharing!!

MISTI Monday 09-01-2019 06:39 PM

Time flies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FayeMakesCards (Post 21858675)
I will not be participating this month or in September. Life is too busy with people.

I do look forward to November through March when I don't drive and I make lots of cards and have fun inside my house! I plan to be back...;)

November will be here before you know it!!

MISTI Monday 09-01-2019 06:49 PM

Winner of the August Challenge!

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Just got home after spending time with some good friends at a cook out. Looking forward to having the day off tomorrow and Tuesday.

I loved all of your cards this month! Great entries! Thank you so much for joining the challenges!!

Congratulations to our winner this month, JRHolbrook! Your card is adorable!!! Love the shape you choose in the background!

It's been great making cards with you for the past 2 years! I hope you continue coming every month!!!

I'll post September's challenge tomorrow night. Have a great Labor Day!!

MISTI Monday

CraftyMerla 09-01-2019 07:16 PM

Congratulations Gracie! Thank you MISTI Monday for your generosity and creativity in hosting these challenges.

JRHolbrook 09-01-2019 07:18 PM

What a wonderful surprise MISTI Monday!!! We just got home from visiting DH's father and I read my email notifying me that I'd won! So excited! Yay! I love my Mini Misti and stamp aligner. I can't wait to shop! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Hawaiian 09-01-2019 07:23 PM

Congratulations Tita Gracie!!

JRHolbrook 09-01-2019 07:34 PM

Thanks so much Sis! Happy dancing!

JRHolbrook 09-01-2019 07:35 PM

Thank you to Sally too!

Hawaiian 09-01-2019 08:26 PM

I'm rocking my granny undies here as well !!! Wooohoooo! Congratulations Tita!!

Ozpom 09-02-2019 03:57 AM

Congratulations Gracie...enjoy your goodies. So happy for you. I will dance with you.

Sis Vicki....your turn next and then all of us alpha's who have entered will have won....I'm sending out vibes for you this year my friend.

Dsk1 09-02-2019 05:12 AM

Congratulations, Gracie!

hoptownracer1 09-02-2019 08:33 AM

Congrats Gracie!

lovinpaper 09-02-2019 10:46 AM

Congratulations, Gracie! I will go find your card to leave a bit of love on it.

When I won my gift certificate, My Sweet Petunia was having a sale. I was able to purchase an original size MISTI for just a few dollars for shipping. I gave this to my daughter for her 20th birthday. She has stamped with me since she was 4 years old, stopped for several years, and has recently got interested again. She would use my MISTI, so when this gift was given to me, I was able to pass this gift onto her. I am so thankful for this challenge.

MiamiKel4 09-04-2019 07:27 PM

Congratulations, Grace! How absolutely thrilling for you!

Hawaiian 09-04-2019 07:44 PM

Sis Kelz!!! How you doing doll? The storm are you safe?
Btw they all over on the September thread

JRHolbrook 09-04-2019 07:46 PM

Thanks Kelly, I am thrilled! Hope the hurricane didn't cause any damage where you are.

Chatterbox-1 05-08-2020 12:46 AM

Fun to play challenge catch-up as I also do gallery-entry catch-up. Did you know that all snowflakes are formed around a hexagonal plate, thus creating a hexagonal snowflake? My stamped geometric background shape is hexagonal snowflakes!

Here is my card: A Beautiful Frosty Non-Traditional Colored Card