Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
Gallery Gazer

Default Fun Halloween Movies

What are some good suggestions for some fun Halloween movies. Not gory, slasher, suspense movies, but fun movies.

For instance, I watched Practical Magic yesterday. Loved it! I was thinking it would be fun to watch a bunch of similar movies this fall. It wouldn't have to be Halloween, per se, but anything with witches in, I'm game for!

The only other one I could think of was Hocus Pocus.

What are your suggestions?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

Disney has 3 called Halloween Town. My kids love them and they are fun. The Disney channel also has also done one called Twitches and the sequel is coming out on Disney Channel next month. These have the same kind of fun as Hocus Pocus.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!

Beetlejuice One of my favorite movies of all time
Old 08-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Another Hocus Pocus fan over here!

I remember seeing it when the first time in theaters when I was a senior in college and loved it then. I still love it and now watch it with my 8yr old. He loves it too. It's become a little Halloween tradition in our house along with It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva

I haven't seen Practical Magic since it came out... that is going back on my list. I loved that movie
I love Beetlejuice, that is one of my all time favs ( Edward Scissorhands, is another )

Witches of Eastwick - older movie, Cher and Jack Nicholson are in it, umm Michelle Pfifer too I believe....
The halloween town movies as suggested ( and should be starting on Disney Channel soon)
Twitches also as suggested
Hmmm what else... ooo a creepier movie but still good The Craft.... I love Fairuza Balk she was also in the water boy LoL

Scream 1 -3 are my list to watch again this Halloween season.

Nightmare before Christmas ( good any time of the year imo - Tim Burton Claymation - with Jack Skellington and Sally the oogie boogie, Lock, shock and Barrel)

Sleepy Hollow- Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci

The Crucible

Witches - older movie with Angelica Houston , Rowan Atkinson ( Mr. Bean)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100944/

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Old 08-31-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I LOVE Bedknobs and Broomsticks! I haven't seen that movie in ages, but I used to watch it all the time!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Hocus Pocus - I actually made those costumes for me and my sisters a few years ago. It was a blast.

Jessica
Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggab0o0 View Post
I haven't seen Practical Magic since it came out... that is going back on my list. I loved that movie
I love Beetlejuice, that is one of my all time favs ( Edward Scissorhands, is another )

Witches of Eastwick - older movie, Cher and Jack Nicholson are in it, umm Michelle Pfifer too I believe....

Hmmm what else... ooo a creepier movie but still good The Craft.... I love Fairuza Balk she was also in the water boy LoL

Scream 1 -3 are my list to watch again this Halloween season.

Nightmare before Christmas ( good any time of the year imo - Tim Burton Claymation - with Jack Skellington and Sally the oogie boogie, Lock, shock and Barrel)

Sleepy Hollow- Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci

The Crucible

Witches - older movie with Angelica Houston , Rowan Atkinson ( Mr. Bean)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100944/

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
In total agreement with all these! Especially, the Tim Burton films (I'm a shameless Tim Burton fangirl)

Another Burton film for the list: The Corpse Bride - lovely film.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
In total agreement with all these! Especially, the Tim Burton films (I'm a shameless Tim Burton fangirl)

Another Burton film for the list: The Corpse Bride - lovely film.
That is the only Tim Burton movie I have not seen ( okk I lied His Wonka movie i didnt see either. I love burton and Depp, and love the things they accomplish together, but i am so afraid of being disappointed as I am a die hard for the original with Gene Wilder) , I keep going to grab Corpse Bride at the video store and my kids come back with like 3 dora or diego or blues clues videos instead. But it is on my list ( I want to see Nightmare again , and again...LoL I love love that movie... Jack and Sally, and lock shock and barrel are my fav characters )
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggab0o0 View Post
That is the only Tim Burton movie I have not seen ( okk I lied His Wonka movie i didnt see either. I love burton and Depp, and love the things they accomplish together, but i am so afraid of being disappointed as I am a die hard for the original with Gene Wilder) , I keep going to grab Corpse Bride at the video store and my kids come back with like 3 dora or diego or blues clues videos instead. But it is on my list ( I want to see Nightmare again , and again...LoL I love love that movie... Jack and Sally, and lock shock and barrel are my fav characters )

I just bought Corpse Bride last night! I saw it at Target a few days ago, but it was in the wrong section (someone dumped it off at the end cap at the checkout line) and I couldn't tell how much it was... so I didn't buy it. Well, I saw it again last night at another store and picked it up for $10. We watched it last night, too! Well, we had it in, can't say I really watched it.... with the British accents it was hard for me to hear what they were saying, so I'll have to watch it some night when I'm alone.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
I just bought Corpse Bride last night! I saw it at Target a few days ago, but it was in the wrong section (someone dumped it off at the end cap at the checkout line) and I couldn't tell how much it was... so I didn't buy it. Well, I saw it again last night at another store and picked it up for $10. We watched it last night, too! Well, we had it in, can't say I really watched it.... with the British accents it was hard for me to hear what they were saying, so I'll have to watch it some night when I'm alone.
that is good to know... i did hear it might be a little weird/hard for kids....

But I LOVE Nightmare before Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUvJ_mGJnRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psnpi4_65cQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf7rLb-DtPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyIiR...elated&search=
Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #12
Kookie Creator

I love the Nightmare Before Christmas. Awesome sound track from Danny Elfman.

For the older kids, Ghostbusters has also been a favorite at our house. Bill Murray is so silly. We have a "Dancin' Ghost" we get out every year with our Halloween decorations that plays the Ghostbusters theme song. My son pushes the play button at least once everytime he walks thorough the room. We have only had it out two days now, and I'm already praying the batteries wear out soon.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedemeyer View Post
I love the Nightmare Before Christmas. Awesome sound track from Danny Elfman.

For the older kids, Ghostbusters has also been a favorite at our house. Bill Murray is so silly. We have a "Dancin' Ghost" we get out every year with our Halloween decorations that plays the Ghostbusters theme song. My son pushes the play button at least once everytime he walks thorough the room. We have only had it out two days now, and I'm already praying the batteries wear out soon.
yes, Ghost busters... i the whole cast of those movies.... Rick Moranis is another one of my favorite " cult" type movie actors....

That reminded me of Little shop of Horrors..... another good one, I love the giant plant, Steve Martin as the jerk dentist .... lots of bigger named actors and actresses in that movie....

One not to watch with the kids is Rocky horror picture show ( susan Sarandon, Tim Curry etc )
Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #14
Matboard Maniac

I think the Monster House is a way cute halloween movie. One of my favorites.