Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mixed Media (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mixed-media-415/)
-   -   Now that you have a stack of Gelli prints... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mixed-media-415/now-you-have-stack-gelli-prints-591028/)

Buried Treasures 08-17-2014 09:46 AM

Now that you have a stack of Gelli prints...

What do you do with them?

muscrat 08-17-2014 10:56 AM

I've only used mine for backgrounds so far.

arlenevita 08-17-2014 11:11 AM

Look at them. :lol::lol: HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I might paste some into my art journal. One I die cut with a big Simon Says Stamp balloon die to make some birthday cards. A few that I used bubble wrap on will become backgrounds for an ocean themed ATC for a swap. So far it's more about the joy and magic of making them than doing something with them.

stampin stacy 08-17-2014 01:56 PM

I decided to do art journaling on individual pages that will be bound together later so I put all my mono-prints together into a file folder.

When I'm ready to journal I just pull one out and finish it into a completed page. The completed pages go into another folder, when I have enough finished I'll bind them.

ceramicat1 08-17-2014 03:32 PM

I've used one for the background for a card. I have some I don't think are "finished" yet. I'll probably revisit them and add additional layers.

Misstreez 08-17-2014 03:35 PM

I did most of my prints on manila folders and I use a lot of them for diecutting, punching or backgrounds.

UnderstandBlue 08-17-2014 05:19 PM

Is hoard them an option? :) I get attached to some which I've kept - but for many, I've die cut them, used the die cut inlay technique, etc. Here's an example:

http://images.splitcoaststampers.com...?ts=1395236414

arlenevita 08-18-2014 04:37 AM

I do have one of my first ones hanging on my fridge because it makes me happy to look at its bright colors.

Louisa May 08-18-2014 10:38 AM

I just have colored copies of my prints. I made them all for specific projects and used them up. I'll be pulling some prints for Christmas projects, and I'll have to make some extra to have on hand. I wish I had more actual prints and not just copies.

Buried Treasures 08-18-2014 01:01 PM

Wow! Please explain more. Do you have picture of these projects? Would love to see them!

Louisa May 08-19-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried Treasures (Post 20727400)
Wow! Please explain more. Do you have picture of these projects? Would love to see them!

I'd love to show you but I'm seriously media challenged right now and can't upload anything. Just FYI my most frequently used stencil is Michelle Ward's "Doge's Row Stencil" GPP RUBBER STAMPS & STENCILS (scroll down the site won't let me link the stencil itself), which I use a lot with Tim Holtz's Frameworks Courtyard die 74 659429 Tim Holtz Alterations Frameworks COURTYARD Die Detail Page and a custom made greeting stamp "Blessings."

Buried Treasures 08-20-2014 09:59 AM

I hadn't heard of Green Pepper Press. Very cool stencils and stamps!!

Louisa May 08-21-2014 11:31 AM

Green Pepper Press is Michelle Ward's own company. I like buying directly from the artist if I can. She also sells her stencils through Stencil Girl Products. That's Mary Beth Shaw's company. Stencil Girl carries gorgeous stencils by a wide variety of artists. It seems like an artist's cooperative: StencilGirl Products for people who love stencils like we love stencils.
Mary Beth Shaw's instructional CDs are also very good.

dini 08-26-2014 09:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I used some of mine for paper quilting, and need to come back to this again... here are the 2 I made and a super inspiring mini-quilt I saw at the fair last week, that wants to be done in paper...

dini 08-26-2014 09:45 AM

I have some coasters that are frames, too - I may cut a few prints to size for those and just leave them as is. Some of them are too pretty to cut or to cover up!

Kristy Tyra 08-27-2014 06:03 AM

You can use them for anything! envelopes, cards, paper-piecing, framed artwork, you name it! On FB there is an inspiring group called Gelli Printing Enthusiasts. Check it out!

Buried Treasures 09-29-2015 05:58 AM

Well, it's been over a year since we discussed this. Can anyone share other things they have made using Gelli prints? I know they can be used in journals, but that's just not my thing. I'd love to incorporate them into cards, but I'm not sure how. Suggestions?

dini 09-29-2015 06:34 AM

Have you checked the gallery? There are some fun samples in there.

gelliplate - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
gelli plate - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

stampin stacy 08-02-2018 06:06 AM

I has probably already been mentioned but wanted to reiterate that gel prints make awesome covers for your calendars, diary, art journal and bullet journals.

I made a journal using standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper folded in half and then used gel printed 9 x 12 mixed media canvas paper folded in half for the cover. It is the perfect fit and the gel prints I did on the front and back make me smile every time I grab that journal.

bjeans 08-05-2018 01:19 PM

Love this thread from 2015 was revived.

You can cut them into strips and adhere the strips to anything: cans (for pen/pencil cups), wood panels like we did in Kae Pea's (RubberMoon Stamps) Strip Club class, bottles, boxes, etc.
We adhered gel print (and/or DSP and/or magazine pages) strips to an 8" panel which could be a plant stand with legs attached (check out Lowes), or hung. I bought a 3.5" lazy susan mechanism for mine.

Our much smaller (4"?) panel could be hung or a second one hinged to it to make a stand-up photo holder or box.

Strips just need to be adhered, and if using a can, bottle, etc. then something like Mod Podge Hard Coat put on for a final coat. Resin was applied to the 8" and 3.5" panels we made since they're flat. Resin kits are sold and big box home improvement stores even sell them.

Enjoy.

shazsilverwolf 11-17-2018 09:09 AM

They can make great backgrounds for cards. Often times, I find an average print really comes into it's own with the right image, in the right place. To help that, I'll stamp my image onto a piece of plastic/ohp film, then I can move it around on the background, to decide where it will work best.

Conniecrafter 03-16-2023 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 20735000)
I used some of mine for paper quilting, and need to come back to this again... here are the 2 I made and a super inspiring mini-quilt I saw at the fair last week, that wants to be done in paper...

your quilted cards are gorgeous!