Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mixed Media (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mixed-media-415/)
-   -   I'm going to loose my mind... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mixed-media-415/im-going-loose-my-mind-616328/)

Bohodiva 02-22-2017 05:53 PM

I'm going to loose my mind...

I am about to venture down the gelli plate rabbit hole, thanks Youtube! I ordered my first plate, 6x6 size this morning. You know how it goes when you watch one video, it leads to another and another and another... I'm not complaining, I'm very excited about this product :) My creative juices are flowing and my muse is ready to venture out and try something new...
One of my favorite techniques for cardmaking is to create my backgrounds... I'm not a collector of printed scrapbook paper. Anyhow...

I have the paints, paper, stencils all I need is the plate...:)

stampin stacy 02-23-2017 05:26 AM

Yeah for you! We can be newbies at it together.

Bohodiva 02-23-2017 09:56 AM

I'm ready to play now! :) too bad work gets in the way, lol...
I'm going to make a run at lunch time to Blick Art Supplies and pick up a 8x10 plate...

stampin stacy 02-24-2017 05:57 AM

I saw your picture on the other thread, definitely looks like you had a lot of fun. I shook my head and thought, "she's going to regret buying a 6 x 6 size plate"! I"ll bet you're glad you took the plunge and purchased an 8 x 10.

Bohodiva 02-24-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 21422664)
I saw your picture on the other thread, definitely looks like you had a lot of fun. I shook my head and thought, "she's going to regret buying a 6 x 6 size plate"! I"ll bet you're glad you took the plunge and purchased an 8 x 10.

Yes, I'm glad I picked up a larger plate, but I have so many 6x6 stencils so the smaller plate will get a good workout as well. :)

stampin stacy 02-25-2017 05:55 AM

I have a few 6x6 stencils that I really wish were larger because I love their designs. I have managed to make them work by laying them down repeatedly. I decided to accept the lines and broken pattern that creates, its not any differently than stamping portions of a stamp repeatedly on a journal page.

What I wish is that the plate was 8 1/2 x 11 so I didn't get white margins all the way around. Oh well, some of the white will be used for binding and the rest I'll just have to "do" something to/with when I journal. I also thing there will be time when 2 white edges will look good for a card panel.

later, off to play...

Bohodiva 02-26-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 21423177)
I have a few 6x6 stencils that I really wish were larger because I love their designs. I have managed to make them work by laying them down repeatedly. I decided to accept the lines and broken pattern that creates, its not any differently than stamping portions of a stamp repeatedly on a journal page.

What I wish is that the plate was 8 1/2 x 11 so I didn't get white margins all the way around. Oh well, some of the white will be used for binding and the rest I'll just have to "do" something to/with when I journal. I also thing there will be time when 2 white edges will look good for a card panel.

later, off to play...

You're so right about the 8x10 plate, I'm so glad I picked one up. I'm still waiting on the 6x6, but that is alright. It will get a good workout as well. :) I am luvin' this technique! As a cardmaker and art journaler this is what I needed... Like you, I'm off to play...

Bohodiva 02-26-2017 08:47 PM

I have printed up a good many sheets today. I will trim them down for layering on cards. I'll stamp/stencil, layer more paint and text, and put some cards together. I'll post some images soon. It's been a good creative weekend. :)

Louisa May 03-13-2017 03:58 AM

I have the two largest Gelli plates, 12 x 14 and 8 x 10. I do some large pieces but mainly cards. I wanted to use my many (!) 6 x 6 stencils and like the repeat patterns I get in larger formats, which I then cut down. Sometimes I use multiple 6 x 6 stencils on one print, sometimes just one repeat. This makes a fast,effective master board I can use for multiple cards.

Bohodiva 03-13-2017 04:41 AM

Thanks for sharing. I picked up a 5x7 to use for cards and save on paint. I luv using them and consider them a good investment. :)

stampin stacy 03-13-2017 05:49 AM

Using some of my cardboard/cardstock stash:

I saved the cardboard inserts from new sheets and pillows a few years ago to "do something with" someday and that someday has arrived. A single coat of gesso did not completely cover all the printing but after a few gelli pulls you can't tell what the cardboard was before. I even asked my husband if he could tell, he was amazed and didn't want to believe me at first when I told him what it was.

Bohodiva 03-13-2017 05:57 AM

I really luv this technique and all the possibilities... :)

stampin stacy 03-14-2017 05:31 AM

Have fun experimenting, I love the results of the semi-glossy finish some of the papers have.

Bohodiva 03-14-2017 05:47 AM

Now that I have crossed over to the world of gelli printing there's no going back!Luv it! :)

stampin stacy 03-14-2017 06:01 AM

:shock: Who me gelli addict :rolleyes:

:lol: you betcha!!

Bohodiva 03-14-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 21432972)
:shock: Who me gelli addict :rolleyes:

:lol: you betcha!!

:) Let's raise our gelli plates and say ... "this is my gelli plate, I own it, I luv it, and Yes, I'm an addict.":)

scrapaholic007 03-15-2017 09:41 AM

I made a gelli plate and LOVE it! I've pulled so many unique, gorgeous backgrounds with it I'll probably never use them all! LOL!!