Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default MIX150 - Counting the Days (12-11-15)

Challenge Title: Counting the Days
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky)
Keyword: MIX150 (Seriously? Wow!)
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Well the holidays are rolling along at a full boil. I remember trying to not be a pest when I was a young girl. I would sit quietly in the corner, eyes big, watching everything like a hawk. Today, I'm the only one of the family who really knew those recipes by heart.

Back then, we knew about Advent and those adorable boxes with prizes in them. We never were lucky enough to have one, but they glittered and shined, they sparkled and held a million imagined trinkets in my mind.

We're too far into the month for a full Advent project, but I bet you could conjure up the feeling of one for a card, tag or other project. What shapes of those boxes or doors drew your eye first? Was it the shiny tinsel and paper? Or was it the rustic raffia ribbon that pulled you in? Or were you mesmerized by the snow floating around the snow globe?

Then again, maybe you can make a 7-day advent? Show me what thrilled you as a child! Have fun!

Remember, for your project to truly qualify as mixed media, you need to use at least 2 different types of art media. You can click HERE for a list of supplies you could choose from. If you want to start these challenges in the pages of an art journal instead of a card, or on scrapbook pages, or on 3D items - please know - ANYTHING is welcome! We want you to learn and enjoy!

Please remember to put in the correct keyword (MIX150) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. Then come back to this thread and paste a link to the card in your gallery so we can all ooh and ahhh! Go forth and create!
Attached Thumbnails
cherish-moments-006-copy.png   loveandlight.jpg   img_4508.jpg   img_4510.jpg   img_4506.jpg  

I Blog at The BunnyNest

Last edited by Scrapacat; 12-10-2015 at 09:24 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Great idea Kyra. I made an advent like album. There are little cards that I made to go in the album.
MIX150 Advent Album- Coffee with friends by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX150 Debra's card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX150 Paula's Card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX150 Terri's card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX150 Pam's card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MIX150 Sheryl's card by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mix150 Coffee card - Jenn by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

What added to the fun of my project I used some paper for the album that had numbers on it...counting down.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

What a cool challenge idea, Ky. We never had one of the fancier Advent calendars with gifts...or even chocolate; we just had the old-fashioned ones with tiny pictures behind each window tab. And I think they are still my favourite, and almost impossible to find nowadays. We used to take turns opening a day each. I think I can at least make a card with an opening flap which would capture that surprise hidden element.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't think I ever had an advent calendar as a child, but snow meant Christmas was coming.....and we almost always had a white Christmas......global warming might have changed that now. ; ) Thanks for the challenge.

SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS
Old 12-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I had so much fun creating my card for this challenge. Cottage Cutz had a 50% off sale last week and I bought 6 sets of dies - now wishing I had bought more. I used some of those dies and a few new Frantic Stamp dies for this snow globe card

The 'snowflakes' wouldn't show up well inside the globe, so I decided to sprinkle them around the outside. Artistic prerogative ..... or just weird.

My Gallery
Tootsy likes this post.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #6
Mad Swapper

Happy Feet, Happy Dance by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
NOT EXACTLY ADVENT..BUT I COULD SEE THESE TWO IN A SNOW GLOBE, COULDN'T YOU?
Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 AM   #7
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Super fun challenge. Our advent calendar has hand painted snowmen and trees. Funny thing until I saw this challenge I completely forgot to bring it out this year. I wonder if I can sneak up to the attic and fill it with some fun stuff for my little guy (only 12 days late) Giggles!!!

Here is my card: DEC15VSNE, MIX150 Chrystal Christmas by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #8
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Advent calendar inspired, 100%, but also 100% not Christmassy . Great to finally find a use for a background that has been in my box for AGES, so thanks for the inspiration Ky!! We have had zero real daylight today, I'll try to make time to take a better photo if tomorrow is brighter.

MIX 150 Count the Special Day