Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mix-Ability Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-390/)
-   -   MIX221: Not Biased (4/21/17) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mix-ability-challenge-390/mix221-not-biased-4-21-17-a-617437/)

peeps321 04-18-2017 06:43 AM

MIX221: Not Biased (4/21/17)

3 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Not Biased
Hostess: peeps321 (Polly)
Keyword: MIX221

When it comes to fabric I am not biased..... I LOVE IT ALL!!! I think my love of fabric and sewing started as a child. My mom was a great sewer and shopper and we spent many hours in an amazing fabric store called Amluxen's in downtown Minneapolis. This place had some serious fabrics on two stories no less....wools, silks, cotton lawn, upholstery fabrics, pinstripes....you name it, they had it! I love the feel of it..I always wanted to touch it, experience it. I'm fortunate today in that I have another fabulous independent fabric store in my neighborhood..and there aren't a lot of those around any more. It's called Treadle Yard Goods...it's not as big as my beloved Amluxen's but it has its share of beauty inside ;)

Challenge: Use some sort of fabric on your card or project. It can be burlap, tulle, muslin, cheesecloth, fake fur, denim, linen, whatever you have...If you really don't have anything else you can use ribbon but please no bows...Use just a snippet, make your entire background fabric, die cut it, use it as a border.....get creative! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Remember to use at least two or more different mediums on your project. See this post for some ideas. Also make sure to put MIX221 in the keyword section.

See the MIX221 Gallery here.

Cook22 04-20-2017 10:18 PM

Oh, great challenge Polly. I love fabric too - I was just looking at some beautiful ones yesterday wishing I had more time for sewing. A card, now, I'll make time for that! I love your cosy welcoming little cottage in the woods.

sue28 04-21-2017 05:47 AM

MIX221

Terrific challenge, Polly, here is my card -

MIX221 Floral Fabric by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 04-21-2017 06:20 AM

MIX221 batik & artichoke

had this amazing crayon resist background from my stamping buddies- paired it with a cool batik style fabric strip- adding twine for texture. Kept my other elements simple- dc distressed daisy with brad, and sponged and fussy cut artichoke. Here's batik & artichoke

Precious Kitty 04-21-2017 06:58 AM

Polly the idea of using fabric is such a neat idea and I love to hear about your times with your mother in the fabric store, what precious memories.

Wendy the Criss-Cross fold was fantastic, I love the way it turned out!! Thank you for the technique and instructions!!

MIX221 & F4A374 Cherish

snietje 04-21-2017 07:15 AM

This was so much fun to do!! thanks a lot

MIX221 fabric flowers by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 04-21-2017 07:26 AM

Here's mine - a bit cobbled together from scraps, and it was very hard to actually make it mixed media at first but I had a lot of fun making it.

MIX221 In The Sewing Room

Crafty Julia 04-21-2017 11:08 AM

MIX221 toadily content

it's spring here and the frogs are busy in the marshes here! Added a fussy cut set of fish, and a sponged sky. For my fabric elements I used green rick rack, yellow and moss green fabric strips, and light green ribbon. Here's toadily content

Holstein 04-21-2017 12:11 PM

Thanks big time for this fun, fun challenge. Love painting on fabric, but never did it for a card. Here is my card.Mix221 Fabric Painting by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Covington Crafter 04-21-2017 02:30 PM

Had to play in your challenge, Polly! That sounds like a fantastic fabric store. Would be fun to browse it with you. Here's my card, A Fashionable Hello.

Tonda Baldwin 04-21-2017 06:17 PM

I loved this fabric challenge. I have tons of fabric I need to get rid of, thanks Polly. I couldn't decide which I liked best so I did posted both cards. Hope you like them.

MIX221, Lady in Red by Tonda Baldwin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 04-22-2017 04:02 AM

I am so enjoying the gallery this week...what cleverness and creativity!! :p;)

smadson 04-22-2017 05:39 PM

I did a LO for this challenge. I need a bigger canvas for mixed medium! LOL

MIX221 Mary Lou sm by smadson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

rokale 04-25-2017 07:04 AM

i had already made this card last night when i couldn't sleep and here i am able to do a challenge haha. the flowers are silk and her dress is paper but....maybe it could be cloth (?) :). the cards are amazing for this challenge!

celebrate a beautiful you by rokale - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gossamer_wings 04-27-2017 09:29 PM

My first time posting in a thread so I hope this worked right

Felt birdie by gossamer_wings - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 04-28-2017 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossamer_wings (Post 21459618)
My first time posting in a thread so I hope this worked right

Felt birdie by gossamer_wings - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Your post is perfect and I noticed that you are new to the gallery as well.....welcome to the world of challenges! :p I'm sure you'll be hooked! ;)