Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Maybe the most simple & economical solution might be to buy some old bookcases at a garage sale or thrift store; paint them to coordinate with your bedroom? And use baskets, or even old shoeboxes covered with pretty paper, to hold your stuff? Baskets are a dime a dozen at thrift stores. Or plastic containers with lids that can be stacked on shelves, are cheap at dollar stores.
LMAO, you made my day! Out of all the well intended suggestions I’m liking yours best, and I’ve two other bedrooms when I run out of wall space in mine!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #42
Cardstock Collector

I feel that having your storage match makes the area look less cluttered. It seems I spend more time organizing than crafting. I recently purchased 10 matching photo storage boxes from Michael's for $2.00 each. And I also bought about 100 small square plastic containers with lids from the Dollar Tree (ten for $1.00). It took a while but I filled all the small containers with sequins, brads, embossing powders, etc. and each type of product is stored in a separate labeled photo box. I took the time to emboss small circles to glue to the plastic lids so I could see them easily. The photo boxes are also perfect for storing embossing folders, silk flowers, etc. It cost me $30.00 and a bit of time but now everything fits together and I don't have all those mis-matched sized bottles, containers and plastic bags. And it's so easy to clean up and put everything back in it's proper place when I'm done working. And as I was organizing, all the things I knew I would never use were put into the donation box. Whew! What a stress-reliever!
ChrisO and Brenda71 like this post.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #43
Hardware Hotshot

Almost all my storage is re-purposed from things around my home. Since you divorced and down sized you may not have lots of things around any more but they can be gotten at thrift stores and garage sales. I'm not home but when I am I will take some pictures as examples of creative storage !
Old 11-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #44
Matboard Maniac

It's great reading through all the tips on storage here. I have way too much stuff and I have it tucked all over the house. I bought under-the-bed bins to store extra supplies that I don't use everyday, and use recycled shipping boxes to store my stamps and dies. You can cut them down to size and then just cover the front of the box with paper..since you don't see the sides or back when they're on a shelf. I never buy any new tables that don't have storage in them, and I'm trying my best to use what I have. Good luck to you!