Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Repurposing cellophane packaging

I am wondering how/if you repurpose the cellophane envelopes/packaging that your stamp/dies/craft equipment come in. I have saved a ton of this material because I thought it would be useful for something--but as of yet, I haven't quite figured out what?

Would appreciate your ideas/suggestions.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:01 PM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I use the envelopes/packaging to hold my completed cards to keep them clean until I mail them. They are stored in an open photo box from Michaels and are sorted by birthday, anniversary, thank you, sympathy, and miscellaneous. When they are torn or very worn I just throw them away since I always have a stash of empty envelopes from stamps or dies.
mcost, ChrisO, cnsteele and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:09 AM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

Depending on the size of the packaging, I use them to keep the left over bits and pieces of the Paper Pumpkin kits, folding up the kit instructions and putting it in there also. I stamp a copy of the the stamps that went along with the kit-then the actual stamps are moved into their subject DVD folders such as summer, sentiments, birds, snow, floral etc. I try to re-use basically the same size of packaging and store them horizontila in a cardboard "photo box", the kind you can get at Michael's, Joannes, etc. Each cellophane "envelope" is labeled, and filed by month/year of the Paper pumpkin kit in the storage box. The envelope contents are then entered into my inventory list (pineapple, birds, winter, etc.)-I have also used them if I am passing on random bit and pieces from other projects to my crafting nieces or to a donation box.
kazeka and DianeinSparks like this post.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

It does seem a shame to toss them doesn't it?

I use them to pop things in I send to friends...like I want to share some supplies...also I am thinking I would use them if I ever sell stuff.

Some of them I leave product in like 6 x 6 BG stamps until it falls apart and then I switch to a bought 6 x 6 cello.
kazeka and bettyjoanes like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:24 AM   #5
Cardstock Collector

Default Cellophane packets

I use them to store leftover stamped/cut components to use later.
kazeka, DianeinSparks, barblink and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #6
Proud Fan Club Member

You could use it for a shaker card.You could use it as a pallet for ink. You can add water to the ink and mix other colors together.
Use it to cover things you keep handy on your desk like contact information or the dimensions of different layers of paper for layering.
Store projects that need to be finished in it and keep it visible.
Use it to cover your work surface when using liquid glue. No more sticky paper to work on.
Color on it with water based markers then use a brush to color with it.
Use it for techniques such as the mirroring technique
Check out the acetate tutorials here on Splitcoast. Here is a link for one
Acetate & Tissue Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

My Website
My Gallery
Fan Club Member
BRAK New Member Mentor
dini, kazeka, Teachybaby and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

Default with a stamping platform

hi, i use the cellophane with my stamping platform. when creating a multi stamp image scene or Sentiment, i sometimes need to 'line up' the second (or add'l) images. I cover my paper with the cellophane (slipped under one of the magnets) and then stamp my image on the cellophane to see if it lines up where i want it. If not, move the stamp and if so, remove the cellophane and stamp again on the paper.you can wipe off most ink (i use the water base ink to 'try' the image, so it's easy to clean off) and keep a few in your platform ready to go.

hope it's a good suggestion.. works for me... and free, not expensive window sheet to purchase frequently. Teresa
Old 08-11-2020, 12:25 PM   #8
Crimping Master

Quote:

I am wondering how/if you repurpose the cellophane envelopes/packaging that your stamp/dies/craft equipment come in. I have saved a ton of this material because I thought it would be useful for something--but as of yet, I haven't quite figured out what?

Would appreciate your ideas/suggestions.

I actually store my stamp sets in their original packaging, unless the packaging is too small (some of these stamp sets fit so tightly that I can barely get them out of the envelope). I use other cellophane envelopes to store small embellishments, or small fussy cut images etc. for use in later projects.

My favorite packaging to keep is the hard plastic packaging that many craft tools and supplies come in (food items too). I trim them down and use them to store unmounted stamps that I've added Aleenes Tack it over and over to. Also use it to hold stray, orphan rhinestones and enamel dots that have fallen off their original sheets..or just ended up alone.
Karen
Old 08-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #9
Rubber Obsessor

I also keep my products in the original packaging. I realized I was leaving a huge plastic footprint by repackaging products into the stamp pockets. Now I only use them when the original packaging falls apart. I cut my saved cellophane into 6x6 squares and use it as a backing for stencils I have applied Pixie Spray to.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #10
Cardstock Collector

I use them in several ways. The ones that are card size or a bit bigger I put the cards I make for my sister into them. She has a huge number of people she corresponds with and a huge number of older friends & acquaintances that are locked down so she send them packs of my cards which she leave in the their packaging.The large and very large size I cut down to make the the envelopes I send her cards in. 1/8" Tear & tape seals the sides.
The smaller ones hold the 100's of Christmas tags she and I make for charity each year. I can mark the outside with the number of tags in each bag and the adhesive at the top holds them closed.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #11
Glitter Queen

I use the card size ones for storing the cards I make to keep them clean. When someone buys one of my cards, I give the card to them in the sleeve. Some of my friends even return to me the cellophane sleeve so I can re-use it. Nice of them! I've also used the smaller ones for shaker cards. I like all the creative ideas in this post.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #12
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I use them to package my card and envelope sets. I’ve also put masks I’ve sewn in them.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #13
Rubber Obsessor

Save them when I need a flat bag like that to store something that I got from Etsy that is loose (like 3 late 1800's blank letter cards that are super ornate) and I want them to stay safe. Cut out a piece of 64lb white cardstock to fit inside, and put the cards or whatever inside, then seal with the adhesive.

I also store things like that separate from my other papers in a fancy box, and am saving them for something super special, not sure what yet though.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:51 AM   #14
Embossing Fanatic

Like others, I use them to store stash items which need some protection. But I also use them for card projects, putting the card blank and envelope in and adding the various elements until I have all I need - I put a small piece of offcut paper in with a list of what's needed. I have an open basket with large plastic or cellophane bags in, each marked up with different elements (backing paper, ribbon, die-cuts, gems etc) and the cellophane bag works its way through until it's ready to be made up, with nothing getting lost on the way.

Lynda
kazeka and Indigo Blue like this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #15
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Like others, I use them to store stash items which need some protection. But I also use them for card projects, putting the card blank and envelope in and adding the various elements until I have all I need - I put a small piece of offcut paper in with a list of what's needed. I have an open basket with large plastic or cellophane bags in, each marked up with different elements (backing paper, ribbon, die-cuts, gems etc) and the cellophane bag works its way through until it's ready to be made up, with nothing getting lost on the way.

Lynda

I like that idea of putting things for a project together while waiting for the rest to be picked out. Been wondering how to deal with that myself, and it's especially hard because I am new and my stash is small, so I have to order stuff (mostly embellishments) often. This delays things getting crafted and I loose track of what I had planned to do.
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Does putting it in a special spot in one of my drawers amongst the others I've collected and saved for use "just in case" count? [IMG]https:images/smilies/Laugh_tears.png[/IMG]

But it all seriousness, though the above is true, I've also made use of them on occasion for making window cards and occasionally to enclose a special card made that I intend to hand-deliver or affix to a gift.

I look forward to reading the replies of other's who have done a bit better making use of these bits of too-good-to-waste plastic!!

Warmly,
Chrissy
Gallery
| My Blog
"The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."