Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #41
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddesigns View Post
I would never just ditch it. I would pass it along to someone who can appreciate it.

I'm going to spend some time tomorrow pulling out colors I don't want.
I have given my unwanted cardstock and dp to elementary teacher friends. They are so happy and grateful, and their dear little students just love all the finds for their artwork.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
fl_beachbum, katzarm and wavejumper like this post.
Unread 07-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #42
Glitter Queen

I got over myself (and how much I spent) and just bagged up lots of what I didn't use and donated it to goodwill. I also brought a bunch of stuff to a monthly crop I go to and let the ladies take what they wanted. It was pretty freeing to just let it go!
pepperann, justampin, fl_beachbum and 3 others like this post.
Unread 07-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #43
Cardstock Collector

When I purged cardstock, I kept four sheets of colours I rarely use but had a hard time letting go of. Now when I order new colours from SU, I order two packs of the multiple colours. Then if there is a colour in those packs I find myself using a lot, I order a full pack of that colour. I very rarely use or order DS paper anymore. I use it for making samples when I am figuring out sizes to cut layers or learning a new technique. I have also brayered a layer of white craft ink over DS cardstock and gotten a neat background paper. Now that I read someone else's idea of shredding it and using it as packing when shipping items, that's where most of my old DS paper is going!I am not as concerned with "matching" my ink, paper, ribbon, etc. colours now and am happy to have my colours work together. The whole exact matching seems so '80s to me!
MollyK333 and bjeans like this post.
Unread 07-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #44
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm a very matchy person. So I never get rid of cardstock. Even if it's a colour I hate, you never know when you'll need it to match a piece of patterned paper. I've also noticed that once in a while, I need an odd colour like bright orange for a snowman nose, or another bright colour for a kids card, colours I'd never use otherwise.

For colours I like and use often, I make a card front and use a white card base. For the other colours, if I want to use them up, I make a full card base from coloured cardstock.

You can always use extra cardstock as a protective layer over embellies that tear envelopes like gems or pearls or make card boxes from them.

If you have kids (or have some in your life) help them make Thank you cards from them. I buy cheap index cards for white cardstock, get them to draw something, help them stamp a message then glue it to a card base made from colours I don't like.
Catherine773, Brenda71 and SnickerMom like this post.
Unread 07-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

What you favorite cardstock colors Pasted and present? I know some of you don't do stampin'up designer series paper stack 12x12 for those that what do what are favorites designer series paper stack? I am just wondering?
Unread 07-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #46
Rubber Obsessor

I used to have tons of SU specialty paper and colored cardstock.
I was not using it, so took it all to the school I worked at and it disappeared doing numerous projects over course of a couple years. I am not into layering up with patterned paper like I used to or making cards on colored cardstock.
Over the years my style evolved to using neenah or PTI white cardstock...single layer.
I also use PTI soft stone and craft cardstock. I have no regrets getting rid of the colored cardstock and patterned papers. It is just paper and I like the freedom of it being gone.
katzarm, maryalena and bjeans like this post.
Unread 07-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

In addition, I passed on all my SU punches to a young girl who took up the hobby. I was not using the punches, but I had a huge investment in them over the years. It made me wonder if I did the right thing, but now I know I did. I am delighted a young girl is finding such enthusiasm in the art of stamping. After all, I introduced her to the hobby.
pepperann, dini, jeanne3579 and 2 others like this post.
Unread 07-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #48
Mad Swapper

Quote:
That's a great idea. The reinkers sold, but the cardstock and ink pads aren't moving. If they don't sell, I'll just use up the cardstock. I also have a friend that just got into cardmaking, so I can offer it to her at a discount.
Is there a way you would sell ink pads, reinkers, markers? I'm on the prowl for those things in Bravo Burgundy. Just lost a bid on eBay and I'm bummed!
Unread 07-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #49
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I was a hobby demo briefly,too.

As for Night of Navy/Midnight Muse - I've gone through multiple packs of Night of Navy through the years. Midnight Muse is not the same. I like both and kept both, but if NoN retires, I will either stock up or look for a similar color in another brand. There are a limited number of colors I've had to refill: NoN, Real Red, Crumb Cake. I'm getting close to using up Soft Sky and Cherry Cobbler.

I've long since replaced Whisper White with other brands. In fact, I was using my remaining WW as scrap paper until a friend said she'd buy it from me. It's not a pure enough white for me.

I can't store my cardstock that way because it always ends up getting warped. It would be so much simpler for me if I didn't need to lay it flat.
It's not a pure enough white for me.It's not a pure enough white for me. It's not a pure enough white for me.

I thought I was the only one who could see that Whisper White is not bright white. I like the fact that SU is making white and vanilla in heavier paper, but the white is still not really white, IMHO
Oddesigns likes this post.
Unread 07-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #50
Mad Swapper

I have no idea what's going on with the repeated sentence in red. I meant to make it red, just not 3 times!!!
Oddesigns likes this post.
Unread 07-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #51
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
I have no idea what's going on with the repeated sentence in red. I meant to make it red, just not 3 times!!!

I'm finding that the "change color" thing attaches the text, in color of course, after the previous one. And I don't see it. So I get multiples...
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Unread 07-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #52
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
I'm finding that the "change color" thing attaches the text, in color of course, after the previous one. And I don't see it. So I get multiples...
Probably what happened. Wasn't always that way, was it?
Unread 07-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #53
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up Purging Paper

As a former Kindergarten teacher, I know how difficult it is to throw out (Horrors!) scraps even of paper, even if I know I likely won't ever use it....so I store the papers I like in color drawers, cutting them to a size I'll most likely use (6" or less" in the bigger drawers, down to 4" in med. size drawers and scraps I love in very small drawers, each labeled with their predominant color.)
What do I do with the rest? I cut it smaller or leave it whole and collect in a paper bag on the floor of my scrap room; then donate it once a month
to a local Kinder Care where the kids (usually the after-schoolers) eagerly await Card-Making supplies! I get to donate them to a legitimate use and hopefully inculcate card-making in younger generations.
jeanne3579 and DianeinSparks like this post.
Unread 07-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #54
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
Probably what happened. Wasn't always that way, was it?
Nope. When I had trouble last time, there was a thread in the site problems forum, so I haven't said anything more. I ought to check on the status.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Unread 07-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #55
Cardstock Collector

wow, I just started doing cards again, after about 5 years of not doing any. I am only using scraps of what i had and little by little restocking everything
Unread 07-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Why dose craft stores carry double sided DSP? I went 3 stores two of maybe 2 double sided DSP and the other might have one pack of double sided DSP paper. But they were ugly has sin too.
I can't find double sided DSP Paper I like to saved my life either!