Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default New Digital Organization System - Color My Life

For those of you that enjoy using a digital organization system (like Evernote), Justine Hovey did a video on a new system made specifically for crafting, Color My Life.

You can enter items manually or just scan a bar code:

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-19-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
Glitter Queen

Default Not available for Android?

Looks like it's only available for iOS (Apple)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
Compulsive Stamper

Android will be available later this year I believe. I did give it a try and like it very much. Too few companies have availed themselves of adding their codes though but doing a manual add is not too difficult and it does have all of the correct much wanted categories..stamps, dies, ephemera, ink etc. I was able to put in all of my Distress in under 10 minutes.

http://veryinkyfingers.blogspot.com/
d0npen likes this post.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:59 AM   #4
Glitter Queen

Sounds good. I'll have to check it out when Android version comes out.. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:12 AM   #5
Compulsive Stamper

Default Finally!

I’ve been wanting to catalogue my craft room inventory for a while, but I wasn’t thrilled with Evernote and hadn’t found anything better. I actually thought about creating a paper inventory, but that was a daunting task too. Color My Life looks the perfect app for me to use. My only concern is that the app will continue to be supported in the future. Do you know anything about the creators of the app? I’m really anxious to get started cataloging, especially my clear stamp sets. Please keep us posted of the new developments in the app.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #6
Kookie Creator

I have thousands of entries in EverNote. Is there a quick and easy way to transfer them to this new system? And, what is the cost for a subscription that will handle TONS of entries??
Old 06-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac

I use a desktop and will until they don't make them anymore. For about 10 years now, I've just kept my inventories in folders on my hard drive. I scan in the outsides of my stamp cd cases (I stamp sticker paper that I adhere to the cases with the stamps inside). I have one folder by stamp brand and then another folder by theme categories. I do the same with my diecuts, chipboard, inks, paints, paper pads and collections. I buy 99% online, so no need for me to take anything to a store for reference. It's become like my card catalog. I always look at my files and make a list before getting up to physically gather supplies. I have the location of each supply built into the file name. It works for me really well and is surprisingly low-tech, really.
My Paper Paisleys Art Blog
kazooMI likes this post.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Cardstock Collector

Smile Color My Life

I can't wait to check this out! for the most part i use a manual word doc to inventory my craft supplies. I now use the Copic app to inventory my markers and love it, easy to use and at my fingertips so no more duplicates for me! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:04 AM   #9
Crimping Master

I will be eager to hear about your experiences with the app. I hope to try it myself starting in July.

One thing that concerns me is how the search feature works. I hope it is similar to Evernote where you put in the word heart and all of your stamps sets with hearts are displayed. I probably just missed that information but think the ability to search is one of the more important aspects of any index app.
kazooMI likes this post.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #10
Embossing Fanatic

I'm moving my craft room and this looks like a great way to organize everything! Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
I will be eager to hear about your experiences with the app. I hope to try it myself starting in July.

One thing that concerns me is how the search feature works. I hope it is similar to Evernote where you put in the word heart and all of your stamps sets with hearts are displayed. I probably just missed that information but think the ability to search is one of the more important aspects of any index app.
Not only can you search by tags (like heart), but also by color tags. The app can automatically pick colors based on the image and/or your can also pick colors manually from the image. There's filtering by category (paper, markers, stamps, etc) as well as manufacturer.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #12
Cardstock Collector

Default Color My Life app

Hi,

I'm the owner/founder of Color My Life. I am an avid paper crafter and I can tell you that we developed this app out of my need to be able to track all my supplies. We did not go into this venture lightly, and after 2 yrs of developing this app, I can tell you we are in this for the long haul. We have a long list of enhancements planned, not to mention I can't see myself ever stopping collecting new supplies!

The Android version is currently in development and we hope to release it by end of September. Other platforms (iPad, tablet) to follow. We are continually updating our barcode catalog (new suppliers, complete catalogs for existing suppliers) so it will be easier to scan an item and quickly add it to the app. New functionality coming soon will allow you to search our barcode catalog and add an item without the barcode (I.e. you don't have the original packaging).

Quote:
Originally Posted by byingst View Post
I’ve been wanting to catalogue my craft room inventory for a while, but I wasn’t thrilled with Evernote and hadn’t found anything better. I actually thought about creating a paper inventory, but that was a daunting task too. Color My Life looks the perfect app for me to use. My only concern is that the app will continue to be supported in the future. Do you know anything about the creators of the app? I’m really anxious to get started cataloging, especially my clear stamp sets. Please keep us posted of the new developments in the app.
hultenlk and Sleepymom33 like this post.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:00 AM   #13
Mad Swapper

I just downloaded this yesterday and started to play around a little bit. It seems very thoughtfully designed with all kinds of crafty categories: stamps, dies, paper, paints, stickers, embellishments, etc. And in Settings, you can remove categories you don’t need so you don’t have to scroll through when categorizing. I tried scanning bar codes of about a dozen different stamp sets from companies like Altenew, Simon Says Stamp, and SU. One one set was recognized. For that set (Altenew Dainty Flowers), the image came up, the company, and title. I could still enter my own tags. I’m sure this database will grow as the company continues, but it’d be great if they could partner with a site like SSS or Scrapbook Pal to get all that metadata info. Even without the bar code scan, it’s much like entering info into Evernote. I feel like I *should* do it, but it’s so daunting. At least with Color My Life, the monthly subscription after the 30 free trial is only $1.49, so I don’t feel I’m being too wasteful if I don’t have my whole collection in right away.

I’d love to hear what others think. Or if anyone who uses Evernote has some tips to make new entries quicker.