Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joniworx View Post
Rosetresures: Isn't it great there is more than one way to do something? ::shaking my head and laughing:: she was certainly a PITA (pain in the tuchas) and I'm glad you don't have to deal with her again. Respect is the keyword here and I'm just amazed at the number of folks who think theirs is the only godgiven way to do a particular technique, kind of art, etc. Just boggles the mind, doesn't it?
The other thing that boggles my mind is how many people will stand by and say/do NOTHING while someone is being abused - be it physically or verbally. Speaking to rosetresure's experience: the idea that TWO HOURS of heckling went on without anyone saying anything (especially the president of the club) is beyond sad...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lylacfey and TLady like this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Regarding Rosetreasures---It is odd that the mentality of some is that they feel threatened when someone is being recognized; in this case because Rosetreasures knows how to do something, how ever it be "different" from the other ladies way of doing it. When all they have to do is be quiet, listen & learn. Some people just can't do that for whatever their reasons. I would guess, they think THEY should be the ones up there leading... Jealousy? It is hard to help someone who doesn't understand their need of change too. There's a lot of this in our world today, sadly!
Old 11-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #43
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
The other thing that boggles my mind is how many people will stand by and say/do NOTHING while someone is being abused - be it physically or verbally. Speaking to rosetresure's experience: the idea that TWO HOURS of heckling went on without anyone saying anything (especially the president of the club) is beyond sad...

Situation too often normal, don’t you think? It’s difficult for many/most (?) people to step up and become the de facto leader when leadership isn’t doing their job. You’re sitting in a room surrounded by people, and the person in charge is sitting on their hands. You know if you say something, the focus will shift to you, with some people thinking you’re out of line. Group dynamics R fun.
joniworx likes this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:20 PM   #44
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
Situation too often normal, don’t you think? It’s difficult for many/most (?) people to step up and become the de facto leader when leadership isn’t doing their job. You’re sitting in a room surrounded by people, and the person in charge is sitting on their hands. You know if you say something, the focus will shift to you, with some people thinking you’re out of line. Group dynamics R fun.
Do I detect a slight note of sarcasm...?

joniworx likes this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Inspections? Who comes to inspect your houses? I understand a home inspection when listing home to sell, but...? Why?

I wondered the same thing when I read this and actually thought the "inspector" was a family member and that it was all tongue-in-cheek. Wow would I be in big trouble if anyone inspected my craft room!! I can barely stand it when my husband peeks in or enters the room to open the drapes, ugh.
TLady and joniworx like this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

My craft room has two names. Kitchen and living room! My youngest moved home in March and I gladly gave up my room for him. He went through a bad divorce, anxiety, and drinking because of it. He's improving daily, but for now, my stuff crams the living room and I use the kitchen counter to work on stuff. DH says he'd build me a she shed, but if I have to go outside to get to it, then I can't craft whenever I need to.
gregzgurl, joniworx and bjeans like this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
My craft room has two names. Kitchen and living room! My youngest moved home in March and I gladly gave up my room for him. He went through a bad divorce, anxiety, and drinking because of it. He's improving daily, but for now, my stuff crams the living room and I use the kitchen counter to work on stuff. DH says he'd build me a she shed, but if I have to go outside to get to it, then I can't craft whenever I need to.

I'm with you there! I wouldn't go outside of my house to get to another building to craft, ESPECIALLY in the winter! LOL I had a friend who had an out side building for her stuff.... no heat, no air! NOT GOOD! I told her all that temperature change isn't good for her craft things. Her husband isn't one to allow her stuff in the house. He calls it "junk." And they live on a farm, so there is the issue of stepping in something too, as they let their goats roam. She wanted me to get one of those rolling carts to bring my things over to craft. Could you see that with all the stuff the goats drop? LOL But, you are a good mom to your son! I'm SURE he appreciates your giving up your room for him, Kathy!!!! <3
muscrat likes this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #48
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
I'm with you there! I wouldn't go outside of my house to get to another building to craft, ESPECIALLY in the winter! LOL I had a friend who had an out side building for her stuff.... no heat, no air! NOT GOOD! I told her all that temperature change isn't good for her craft things. Her husband isn't one to allow her stuff in the house. He calls it "junk." And they live on a farm, so there is the issue of stepping in something too, as they let their goats roam. She wanted me to get one of those rolling carts to bring my things over to craft. Could you see that with all the stuff the goats drop? LOL But, you are a good mom to your son! I'm SURE he appreciates your giving up your room for him, Kathy!!!! <3
I told him it would need AC and heat and we don't need that added expense. Besides, I'm close to everyone this way and they can oooh and ahhhh over my creations! LOL Honestly, I started crafting ten years ago and son remembers to this day how I would bring my cards home from card class and wouldn't let the alone until I showed them each card and made them say ooooh and ahhh before I went to the next card. Last night I took three or four projects into his room to show him and he ooh and ahh'd over each one and then we laughed!
TLady and bjeans like this post.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #49
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Do I detect a slight note of sarcasm...?

Just an observation about group dynamics sometimes. Not always. And it can be hard to stand up for what one believes is right.

ETA Oh, the last sentence, yes! (Sorry, just woke up.)

Last edited by bjeans; 11-16-2019 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: ETA
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:25 AM   #50
Die Cut Diva

gregzgurl- I would! That has gotten me in trouble more than once, lol. It's really unexpected too because IRL I am super shy, lol. You can say something without making other people embarrassed or even the person doing it embarrassed. You know if they are embarrassed they are going to get worse and make the situation worse.

I agree it is beyond sad. Can you imagine some of the ladies there who probably really wanted to learn and heckler took that away from them?

rosetreasures- I really do think you got lucky. You stood up to Miss Heckler and got the cold shoulder because of it. I bet you 2-1 that is still going on in these classes and that the demo's are still being abused. You stood up to her and they booted you. It's a good thing. You could have said nothing and been asked back to have it start all over again.

When I get treated that way I always say "I am sorry for whatever is going on in your life. I am not your punching bag." We are all guilty of handling things badly but heckler lady I think it's a pattern with her due to some serious insecurities. It is really sad. I bet she might have been nice once but life gave her a hand of cards she couldn't deal with.

muscrat- I am so sorry for your son. I hope life will find beauty for him again and love finds him soon.

Tlady- Your friend could put her husband in the shed and put her "Junk" back in the house, lol.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:40 AM   #51
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
gregzgurl- I would! That has gotten me in trouble more than once, lol. It's really unexpected too because IRL I am super shy, lol. You can say something without making other people embarrassed or even the person doing it embarrassed. You know if they are embarrassed they are going to get worse and make the situation worse.

I agree it is beyond sad. Can you imagine some of the ladies there who probably really wanted to learn and heckler took that away from them?

rosetreasures- I really do think you got lucky. You stood up to Miss Heckler and got the cold shoulder because of it. I bet you 2-1 that is still going on in these classes and that the demo's are still being abused. You stood up to her and they booted you. It's a good thing. You could have said nothing and been asked back to have it start all over again.

When I get treated that way I always say "I am sorry for whatever is going on in your life. I am not your punching bag." We are all guilty of handling things badly but heckler lady I think it's a pattern with her due to some serious insecurities. It is really sad. I bet she might have been nice once but life gave her a hand of cards she couldn't deal with.

muscrat- I am so sorry for your son. I hope life will find beauty for him again and love finds him soon.

Tlady- Your friend could put her husband in the shed and put her "Junk" back in the house, lol.
My vote! Or his stuff, anyway.

BTW, you agreed we should be able to call our space anything we want, so I’ve been thinking of the Squall Haul. Pun unintentional but it works.
gregzgurl and lylacfey like this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

We can tell how much we value our "junk" here! LOL
gregzgurl, lylacfey and bjeans like this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #53
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Your brother's friend must be related to my husband. He calls my craft room HL and tells everyone that I have more stuff than HL. Sometimes it's embarrassing. Meanwhile you can hardly find anything in the garage! At least my stuff is neat and organized. Hmph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbfarmd View Post
The last ‘inspection’ I had was while giving my brother’s friend an impromptu house tour during a cookout. Upon seeing my craft attic, he proclaimed that I had more stuff than HL and proceeded to tell everyone at the party just that! Needless to say, no future tours included my space, except for kindred spirits. Some people just don’t get it and never will!!! And btw, arguably, not ‘quite’ as much as HL. Lol

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
bjeans likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #54
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I told him it would need AC and heat and we don't need that added expense. Besides, I'm close to everyone this way and they can oooh and ahhhh over my creations! LOL Honestly, I started crafting ten years ago and son remembers to this day how I would bring my cards home from card class and wouldn't let the alone until I showed them each card and made them say ooooh and ahhh before I went to the next card. Last night I took three or four projects into his room to show him and he ooh and ahh'd over each one and then we laughed!

You are a wonderful mom and I love how you’re in charge of their oohing and ahhing. Laughing is the best medicine.
TLady likes this post.