Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my goodness! I bought about 8 of those covered cardboard photo boxes from Michael's that were on a super-sale this week and started putting more of my stash in boxes instead of out on a shelf. I've been on a mission to buy house furniture with more storage and get those items that were on shelving and countertops into labeled boxes and drawers. Tired of looking at clutter!
While moving jars of Martha Stewart glitter into boxes, I found my dried up, used Shammy by Lawn Fawn, which has been missing for a YEAR!! I've been looking for it all this time and was lucky enough to win another one in the meantime..but I always need a backup. Now I have one to take with me when I craft with friends... or to use when I lose my current one, which is bound to happen.
Looks like a good week for lost foam tape rolls and Shammys!
Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #42
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
Haha! Of course...why didn't I think to look there? Well Sue, did you find my adhesive sheets?
Karen
If I did, I'm not telling - I may have to test-run a few before I hand them over, lol...

Old 09-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #43
Matboard Maniac

On a happy note...this week *I* found the stamp set a lost acrylic happy birthday stamp belonged to. Planning to use it, I discovered that probably the reason I hadn't put it back with the stamp set is that it doesn't stamp well....part of one of the y's doesn't stamp at all, and it's a defect in the stamp. Sigh. After months of it being stuck on my clear turntable that I have copics and zigs in, until I found the stamp set it went into, I now remember why it wasn't there. Sheesh - I need to leave notes about why stamps are gone now!

Oh - I used that stamp set nearly a year ago...LOL! And it got put away appropriately!
Old 09-20-2019, 03:08 AM   #44
Proud Fan Club Member

I used to get SO VERY frustrated when I couldn't find what I just had in my hand! So frustrated I would actually end up with a headache! That wasn't working for me, so ...

Now I sit down and calm myself, and I have a little conversation. It goes something like this: "God, it's me again..."
hoptownracer1, gobarb26 and joniworx like this post.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #45
Matboard Maniac

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
On the other hand, I just found a stamp set that I had misplaced before I even inked it up. Looked for it all week...and then found it next to my alcohol markers. Don't remember putting it there at all...so is this the long slide into craft-supply amnesia?!! Eeek!
Karen

Don't know about you, but it's a ***** getting old! I am always loosing things. However, most of it is my own fault because I am trying to do 10 things a t a time!!!
joniworx likes this post.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #46
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have never been a neat freak--nowhere close! However, I recently went on a (organizing) bender & decided to tighten up the storage in my craft room by moving a table into a wasted corner and building a cubby unit (kind of like a Kallax, though with a back & different size cubbies) to go underneath, to access more wasted space. I got several 12x12" plastic boxes at Michael's to hold my...er...ample supply of scrapbook paper. I labeled the boxes with what I put inside, and put them away in the cubbies. Since then, I came across a sticker set for Zion National Park, where my mom & I visited 9 years ago, and which I had gotten for scrapbooking. (No, I have not even started scrapping that trip--yet!) I knew I had come across the memorabilia & trip-specific supplies from that trip & put it in a very logical place when I was straightening up & organizing everything. I knew it was in a 12x12" plastic storage envelope. Could I find it then, though??? No! I even looked through my plastic boxes, just glancing at the labels I'd put on each one. It ended up, only by going through the boxes AGAIN and looking more closely, that I found where I'd put everything. Then I added the sticker set to the collection. Three pieces of advice for finding lost items. 1. Don't clean &/or organize to begin with--you'll only live to regret it! 2. According to Murphy's Law, you're sure not to find something you're looking for. So, to foil said law, just look for something different, and you might find all sorts of things you had lost! (Though of course not the item you are then looking for.) LOL 3. If you are the praying type, St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost items. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked for something, not found it, asked St. Anthony for help in locating it, looked again, and there it was right under my nose! At any rate, know you're not alone! LOL

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
felixdog, gobarb26, joniworx and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #47
Insane Embellisher

Default Getting it done

I spent the past weekend cleaning, condensing and purging in my studio. It was disaster area since I never cleaned up after last year's holiday craft season. It was much easier to close the door and focus on other areas of enjoyment such as social events, gardening and outings. Now that the weather is changing and days are shorter I'll spend more time in the studio working on seasonal papercrafts.
In addition, I set up a paint station in the den. It's on the opposite side of my sewing area. My living space is slowly evolving into the workshop home I have always desired.
I gather inspiration from where women create videos, pinterest and articles,
524 Best where women create images | Studio, Homemade home decor, House, home
joniworx likes this post.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #48
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohodiva View Post
I spent the past weekend cleaning, condensing and purging in my studio. It was disaster area since I never cleaned up after last year's holiday craft season. It was much easier to close the door and focus on other areas of enjoyment such as social events, gardening and outings. Now that the weather is changing and days are shorter I'll spend more time in the studio working on seasonal papercrafts.
In addition, I set up a paint station in the den. It's on the opposite side of my sewing area. My living space is slowly evolving into the workshop home I have always desired.
I gather inspiration from where women create videos, pinterest and articles,
524 Best where women create images | Studio, Homemade home decor, House, home

This sounds wonderful! A whole workshop home - wow...and good for you! I love Where Women Create . I didn't know there were videos!