Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face FINALIST: I really NEEE-EEEED this Workbox Storage System!!!

My husband is active duty military so we've moved 6 times in the 8 years since I started crafting. I can never buy the "perfect" storage system or craft table since I never know where it might fit in our next house.

If only I had this Workbox, I would know exactly how perfectly all my craft stuff could be stored no matter where we may be assigned (and we have another move coming up in June to who knows where).

I wish that I could have a craft room, craft closet, or craft corner where I could set up a table and my things. But because we have 3 children the third bedroom is never "open" and we have always been in houses too small to allow me to dedicate a corner to just me. I wish I could be "selfish" and insist on having a space, but when there is no "extra" space, no amount of foot stomping matters.

However, if I had this beautiful Workbox, then we would HAVE to find a place for it. And that place would become MINE! I'd be over-the-moon happy to have my own place to store my supplies AND work. I always have to drag my stuff out of the storage location and work on whatever space is open.

Please, oh, please let me give this beautiful, dreamy Workbox a happy home. And I'll make sure that it gets to do a lot of traveling, maybe even to exotic foreign countries!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Default I've had to store my craft stuff in....

Over the past 8 moves and 6 locations, my craft supplies have been stored in:

1. an extra bedroom (before I had the third child that now occupies the 3rd bedroom in any house we live in)
2. a basement
3. In the living room/dining area, against a wall where I tried to pretend it blended in with the furniture
4. an under-the-stairs closet where I bumped my head EVERY time I tried to get to my craft stuff.
5. a laundry room (this was the best so far, since the laundry room was huge - only for storage, no room to craft!)
6. and are now in my master bedroom closet beside my shoes and laundry hamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default I get to do my craft "work" at...

Once I drag, literally, my craft tubs, bags and boxes out of whatever location they're currently being stored, I then get to drag them up rickety basement stairs, or across the house from my storage location to most often the dining room table. I often have to wait for my husband to get home to carry the heavier tubs for me. That means I have to plan ahead, no spur-of-the-moment crafting for me.

We have been in houses that don't have a dining room so then I have to craft at the kitchen table and clean up before the next meal. This means that the very longest I could have my project out is 6 hours, but most often I got to have it out for about 3 hours, before I had to put it away so I could use the table.

The dining room table is the preferred location since I don't have to clean up the table daily. But this is still inconvenient since I have to use the table for dining room appropriate activities.

If only I had my own Workbox, then I'd have my very own dedicated craft area that wouldn't have be cleaned up and put back away so that we could eat dinner each night! Please, let me experience this joy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

This is such an awesome contest....Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Your puppy sure is a cutie, best of luck to you!

Come check out my story:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Default Embarrassing Picture of My Craft "Storage"

I'm going to share how embarrassing my "storage" area/master bedroom closet looks. And there's more to the left of the wicker basket.
Attached Thumbnails
FINALIST: I really NEEE-EEEED this Workbox Storage System!!!-img_0657.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default Another Embarrassing Picture

I could have a wonderful master closet, if only all these craft supplies and equipment did not have to be stored in my closet. You can see craft items stored on the verticle shelves and the horizontal shelf over the hanging clothes.

I was really hoping to get a cutting system machine for Christmas, but can't because I absolutely have no place to store it. If I could get these existing supplies out of my closet and into a gorgeous Workbox, then I'd have room for clothes in my closet AND a new big piece of crafting equipment!
Attached Thumbnails
FINALIST: I really NEEE-EEEED this Workbox Storage System!!!-img_0658.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Congrats on making it to the Top Ten and Good Luck!!!!!
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Sammyku,
Congratulations on making the top 10! I know what you are saying about making moves and how much a Workbox could make that easier all together for you! Best wishes this week and I am happy for you to be here too! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Congrats and good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Default Please Consider Me!

Yahoo!!!
I can't believe that I'm one of the finalists! Thank you to the judges that had a HUGE and difficult task sorting through all the entries and narrowing them down to just 10.

Congrats to the other 9 finalists!

I now have to go tell my DARLING husband that I entered this contest and am a finalist (he doesn't even know that I entered! heh, heh) I've never won anything, so getting to this stage is very exciting.

Good luck to all of us, any chance there might be 10 Workbox Storage Systems that need to find happy homes?! (asked in a hopeful voice)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Perhaps, I should explain that in my family we all say I "neee-eed" something if it's something that you don't really need but that you really, really want.

My godson started this when he was 2 years old and quickly figured out that you would most likely get something that you NEED but you may or may not get something that you WANT. He would tell me in the most earnest voice, "Auntie, I NEEE-EED a candy bar" or "Auntie, I NEEE-EEED to stay up to watch the end of this movie." We all thought it was adorable and hilarious and we continue to use this phrase 20 years later.

So, please do know that I recognize that there are many deserving stories, many much more deserving than mine. I do hope that this Workbox brings great joy to whoever wins it. I simply had fun participating and am excited to make it to this point! I'll be thrilled to be the winner or the 9th runner-up. The fun is in the playing as much as winning (or not winning).

But I do stand by my sentiment that this Workbox is something that I don't "need" but something that I want very, very much to the point of ALMOST thinking I "need" it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep...I WANT vs. I NEED...it's a big difference, isn't it? Congrats on making the top 10 -- wishing you the best of luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

It's been FOREVER since I've uploaded any projects. Not that there haven't been projects, just haven't found the time to upload anything.

My DD suggested we upload a birthday invitation that we had to hurry and get out tonight. So, here is a quickie project that we just finished minutes ago. My DD is thrilled with it, so I'm happy.

(Now I just have to listen to her scold me for not having uploaded all my projects the past 5-6 months -and she's almost 14, so boy, can she scold! at least,her motives are good - she wishes I had pics of my better projects rather than just my early projects in my gallery. oh, well, guess it's a lesson on why you don't let things slide because you never know when you'll wish that you'd done it earlier!)

Now we just have to fill the invitations in before bedtime so I can mail them first thing tomorrow. Nothing like a short deadline to motivate!
Attached Thumbnails
FINALIST: I really NEEE-EEEED this Workbox Storage System!!!-img_0661.jpg   FINALIST: I really NEEE-EEEED this Workbox Storage System!!!-img_0662.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

I try to teach my kids the difference between needs and wants and it has been an interesting ride. They really appreciate what they have when they understand this concept. Particularly when they see the plight of children who have absolutely nothing

good luck to you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

I just wanted to say Hi Sammyku!!!
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

cmccoy,
Hangin' in here. Had all 5 family down this weekend with colds (so making the final 10 was exciting, but only a quick blip before switching back to "nurse Mommy" mode). Then I came home today from my weekly volunteering to find my husband in bed with the "bucket" and the flu! So, I am thrilled to find 5 minutes to get on here and read everyone's posts. Sounds like the contest continues to generate much excitement. Can't wait to see the final pictures of it in some one's happy home.

Okay, everyone, go wash your hands and take care! And hope all is healthy with you, mcccoy.

But we did get my daughter's birthday invites out yesterday so that was good! Whew.
Reply With Quote Likes