Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
Glitter Queen

Lightbulb EXPEDIT

does anybody have the epedit workstation from Ikea?? And do you like it???

ty!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Crimping Master

I have one, but I'm not completely happy with the way I'm using it. Right now it's in a corner, housing my office supplies, multi-function printer, and Silhouette, leaving very little working space. Because of the solid end, you can really only sit at two of the sides, and anything you leave on the work-surface blocks your access to the closest cubbies. I do think it would make a great desk for someone who doesn't clutter their work surface.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

I have 3 Expedits.....2 of the small (4 square) ones that have a tabletop across them as a long desk (I also added 6" feet to raise them up higher) and it's my favorite workstation.

I have another Expedit--the 8 square--with the desk extension--and it's not fitting very well in my space...the desk extension is crowding my other table right now...I need to rearrange my stuff. But otherwise I love them. I think they're great for storing 12x12 paper. And Right now I have my long Big Shot dies and Big Shot Pro dies in some of the spaces.
I also have some of the IKEA baskets to store some of my other items (envelopes are in one basket for example) and that keeps it looking rather neat.

My entire area is very out in the open--all my other storage is elfa shelving along the walls....so I can see it all. Nothing in cabinets. But also makes it look very "busy" and "out there".

GAH! This got wordy....HTH!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

I have the 25 cube Expedit shelf and I was contemplating the desk attachment, but after going back and forth a million times, I decided against it. I didn't like the idea of it blocking some of the cubes from easy access, and being limited if I want to move my furniture around in my space. But I've heard others saying they love it!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Rubber Obsessor

I have the biggest Epedit shelf with the desk attachment and I love it!!! I store stuff I don't use often in the 4 cubes underneath the desk so it's not really a problem that those are sort of blocked.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
Rubber Obsessor

I have the 25 cube expedit also. I love it. Only thing, if you want to store things in boxes on it, you have to use the ones Ikea sells. The regular "shoebox size" box, like the photo storage boxes at Michaels, don't fit two across. I love mine. Good investment.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

I was at Ikea just about to purchase the large Expedit when my husband said... "Hey lets go see what they have in the "As is" section". They had 4 maple lockers for $50 each. They were originally $200 each. They have 4 cubbies high and the cubbies measure 15x15x15. What I like about them is that they have separate doors on each cubbie and I can put all four units together like the expedit or I can stand them alone. Right now I have 2 together on each side of my window. I can also store cropper hopper paper holders right side up without having to trim them down and my stuff stays dust free! Now whenever we go to Ikea I hit the as is area first
Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

sounds great-any photos
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Kookie Creator

Default Expedit

I have just recently moved my craftroom to my basement. I purchased the 4 x 4 expedit and the desk attachement and I love it. I wished I could have purchased the 5 x 5 but the it just wouldn't fit.
Attached Thumbnails
craft-room-001.jpg   craft-room-003.jpg  

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Old 05-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #10
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhurlbert View Post
I have just recently moved my craftroom to my basement. I purchased the 4 x 4 expedit and the desk attachement and I love it. I wished I could have purchased the 5 x 5 but the it just wouldn't fit.
WOW!! Looks great!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Rubber Obsessor

I love these units. I have two 2x4 units. I use them somewhat as a room divider in my basement craft space. One is upright against the wall and the other is on its side against it forming an L. I love the one on its side as it makes a nice long counter for display/storage. I'd share a pic but recently had to move all my craft stuff while we had some plumbing and electrical work done. Ugh.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Love mine, I have two of the 2X4 units, plus the desk attachment, There are pictures in my gallery (at the top - I have them in a separate folder) if you would like to see. I plan on getting at least one more 2X4 unit after I move. I've had mine for nearly 3 years, I do I a lot of crafty, and I've found them extremely durable. I love how wide the desk is! I think these are also great if you do not have a lot of space (my studio is 550 sq. feet and these provide a lot of storage options!)

Any questions feel free to ask or send me a PM!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhurlbert View Post
Are those ALEX carts on either side? I've been thinking of getting them for my punches. What do you store in yours?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolseitz View Post
Are those ALEX carts on either side? I've been thinking of getting them for my punches. What do you store in yours?
Hi, yes those are Alexes that are stacked two high. I store wood stamps in most of the drawers, along with punches, adhesives, ink, and ink refills. I love the Alexes as well.

My evolving gallery
My New Blog