Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Anyone Have the Cropper Hopper Heavy Duty Rolling Cart?

I have been looking for a better way to store my 12 x 12 paper. Right now I have my 8.5 x 11 cardstock in hanging file folders in the milk crate style boxes and I love it. So convenient and easy to find just what I'm looking for. But my 12 x 12 paper is stored flat in wire cubes and it's a complete mess. I organize it every once in a while but it's so hard keep it that way. If I'm looking for something I either have to pull the entire pile out or I sort through it in the pile on the shelf and I end up pulling out more than I want and the corners get folded, etc. Most of it has ended up on the floor at this point!

I've been considering getting a hanging file system for my large paper and I saw the Cropper Hopper Heavy Duty Rolling Cart at JoAnn's online. And it's on sale this week. But I was wondering what those of you who have one think of it.

Is it sturdy enough to hold a lot of paper?
Is it still easy to roll once it's loaded up? (I had an experience with a different kind of rolling cart once that when it was full, was too heavy to roll)
Which hanging folders do you use with it? And how many sheets fit in each folder?
Was it worth your investment - are you happy with your large paper storage now?

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use one of these with a Cropper Hopper file box on it and LOVE it! The biggest drawback is that you cannot see everything at a glance. I also use the vertical storage and really like being able to see what I have...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Good question. I was looking at this one online..
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...RODID=prd31621

I will have to watch and see what other comments evryone has.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love it!

I have 1 Cropper Hopper Heavy Duty Rolling Cart and love it.I purchased it 2 X-Mas's ago. I have a total of 30 12x12 hanging folders in it and about 1000+ sheets of paper. I paid full price and it was worth every penny. To the question of rolling it around, I don't know because mine never moves. I placed between my craft table and those 12x12 drawers with 6 pull out containers. Since they are on sale I might just purchase a second one- they are that good. I have never had a problem with mine, it keeps my paper organized- well cardstock is all I use it for.

I give it 5 stars, but again mine has never been moved.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks everyone - especially Sheena since you gave it such rave reviews and you use it the way I would with lots of folders and lots of paper. I probably won't end up rolling mine around either but I just in case

I just went online to Joanns to order it and unfortunately, the folders are out of stock. Figures! I ordered the cart anyway since they were offering shipping for only $2.95. I just won't be able to use it until the folders are back in stock.

Last edited by peebsmama; 11-09-2009 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you like it as much as me. I have purchased a second one, can't wait to get it.
Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I went to an office supply store and purchased a rolling cart that holds legal sized paper (14") I then purchased the hanging folders for it. My paper goes into the hanging folder to stay neat. These carts look much like a big milk carton cart, are close to the ground and on roller. No matter how much I have in them they roll around, but I think they are more sturdy as they are only about 2" off the ground.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I have this and I love it. I have it stuffed and it still moves around. What I like is that you can pull out one holder at a time instead of having to try to move them like a file. I just labeled the holders and pull out what I need each time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

My cart and the folders arrived this week. I've been spending a lot of time filling it up with all my 12x12 patterned paper. I have a LOT more than I thought. But now hopefully I will use more of it because it will be easier to get at. And, even full (24 folders with at least 30 sheets per folder) it rolls very smoothly. I would definitely recommend this cart.
Reply With Quote Likes