Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

Just saw this topic and wanted to say that I used up some stickers several years ago by lightly sanding them, and inking the edges with tea dyed Distress ink. Instant vintage look that made them look much nicer. I added them to cards with doilies and ribbons, and a stamped sentiment. They didn't have that shiny sticker look, and I got compliments on the cards. You can also adhere lots of the tiny stickers to a sheet of cardstock, then run through with an embossing folder. Die cut into shapes and add to your cards for great texture!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-28-2019, 07:22 PM   #42
Insane Embellisher

I know they are not stickers, but an old friend used to buy the big pkg of xmas tags at Costco each year and attach them to a card front to make the many cards she needed at that time of year.
I did it a bit, and just took the ribbon at the end of the tag and tied a bow with it.
Very cute!
Luvingstamping likes this post.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayshe View Post
This is a great thread! I never thought about using stickers. Is there a way to save this thread so I can come back to it later?
If you look up in the upper right-hand corner at the top of this thread, you'll see a button that says "thread tools". If you click on the arrow, the third option in the drop-down menu is "subscribe to this thread". Click on that and choose which option you want for notifications. That way you'll get an email at whatever frequency you've chosen to alert you to new posts, plus you can click on "my subscriptions" (see top of column on far left of page) to see which threads you've subscribed to and re-visit them...

Old 05-30-2019, 05:43 AM   #44
Rubber Obsessor

Great! Thank you!.
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:01 AM   #45
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercrafter40 View Post
Here are a few that are in my gallery (sorry, but I don't have access to the original photos right now to post directly here):

SC686 Leaping Leopard

SC680 Chick Trio

SC640 Giraffe Tag Card

This one is my absolute favorite of those cards, based on a photo of The Beatles walking across Abbey Road: SC670 Beatles Chicks.

As you can see, I used sketches (all from Splitcoast, but you can find plenty elsewhere online as well) as guidance for where to place my stickers, so they are more design elements instead of just random stickers. Hope this helps some!
So sorry this is late, but I've been sick. So, I haven't been checking this thread.?
I want to thank you for attaching the pictures. I definitely realize now how I can use all of my stickers on cards. And the bestpart is that I now know how to use them correctly. So, no sticker sneeze for this cardmaker! And it sounds like this thread has helped others too!
I want to thank you & everyone else who has replied to this thread! I now have a newfound realization of just how versatile & important stickers are in the craft room. So, for the most part, the stickers will be organized, except for a few that will be given to my next door neighbor who's a special ed elementary teacher or donated to the nearby elementary school. 😀😀💕💕🍲
Old 06-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

I am always trying to remember to use my old stickers on projects so I keep them out where I can see them.

Last edited by kazeka; 06-05-2019 at 10:37 PM..
Old 06-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #47
Cardstock Collector

I am in the process doing the same thing. I have so many supplies and tools, I'm just not sure what to do. I have sorted and eliminated a lot of old things. I do have more space but I feel like I have a long way to go. Good luck.