Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   "X" marker storage unit (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/x-marker-storage-unit-460396/)

lilbitt34 09-24-2009 03:13 PM

"X" marker storage unit

I've seen ppl that have their markers stored in those "X" units. Does anyone know who makes them or where to get them?

Becky

ldsk34 09-24-2009 03:16 PM

I got mine at staples. But I have seen where others got them at Sam's club. Try WalMart too.

luvallthisstampin 09-24-2009 03:30 PM

If you or someone you know is a member of Sam's Club, it costs 9.12 with shipping included. I had to get mine at Staples for $13.49 and bought enough for free shipping. They come with these little black things that you can connect several cubes together.

planet43 09-24-2009 05:17 PM

I got mine at Office Max

ScrappinMoments 09-24-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsk34 (Post 15197959)
I got mine at staples. But I have seen where others fot them at Sam's club. Try WalMart too.

I've been looking at Walmart for months now, and have yet to see them. Perhaps it's these Walmarts out in the country.

I'll have to try Staples next (though it also is semi-country).

I'm thinking of having my future Son-In-Law make me something like that. He is making me an ink pad holder (6 high - 10 stacks across) to go across the back of my desk. Then I can use the top as a mini shelf for other items.

Stamper for fun 09-25-2009 05:43 AM

I was only able to find them at Office Depot. About $10 or $11.

dellabella 09-25-2009 06:34 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to share with you this marker storage I just finished making. It was my hubby's idea to use Sugar-free cool-aid containers. We got them at Walmart. (We have cool-aid for life, but that's ok I really like it=) I like how my storage turned out. I even stamped a piece of cream card stock because I ran out of paper that coordinated with the theme.

Marker Storage

Another View

craftymel 09-25-2009 09:36 AM

Can someone provide a link? I don't know what these look like and now I'm curious.

Thanks!!

cbet 09-25-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymel (Post 15202990)
Can someone provide a link? I don't know what these look like and now I'm curious.

Thanks!!

Here's one: Staples

They wouldn't be difficult to make, just a matter of figuring out dimensions.

stamphappy1650 09-25-2009 12:19 PM

they also come in drawers, dbl drawers, etc. I used them for years and they work really well.

prchvs 09-25-2009 12:27 PM

They kind of remind me of wine bottle storage. Often, you can find these cubby inserts at home d�cor type stores.

Stampingdeedee 09-25-2009 01:33 PM

Wonder where in Sam's club you would look for these? I am in mine all the time but have never seen these but then I was not looking for them either. I will scout it out on my next visit.

cdjkssss 09-25-2009 02:23 PM

In my area, I've only ever found them at Office Max. They have been on clearance here lately for about $6 each. I don't know if the manufacturer is discontinuing them, or if Office Max is just not going to carry them any more or what. But look in the back of the store where the clearance stuff is hiding. I found them in multiple places, bottom shelf, top shelf, etc. And the store employees had no idea that they even had them. Good luck!

sammsmom1 09-25-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbet (Post 15203065)
Here's one: Staples

They wouldn't be difficult to make, just a matter of figuring out dimensions.

No they wouldn't be hard to make.
According to my calculations you would need 5 6x6 pieces of something sturdy think foam board and then 2 8.5 x 6 pieces to make the "X" in the middle. You will probably have to trim the 8.5 a touch as it will be a little big. Of course i haven't had time to try this but I'm willing to be that it works. ;)

mcbenjam 09-26-2009 12:07 PM

Thanks for the idea of looking at Office Max. I went there today and got 2 for $6 each. They were on the shelf with regular merchandise, not in the clearance section. A second Office Max had none, so I feel lucky.

I was almost ready to order from Sam's Club at $9.12 each, so this was a good buy, even with the free shipping from Sam's.

BTW, they rang up at $.01 each, which the clerk said was an error, and called the manager. I knew it was an error, since the shelf tag had said $6, but jokingly told the manager that I'd be more than happy to buy them for $.01. She laughed and said she liked her job too much to lose it over that.

Off to organize!

Mary

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssss (Post 15204895)
In my area, I've only ever found them at Office Max. They have been on clearance here lately for about $6 each. I don't know if the manufacturer is discontinuing them, or if Office Max is just not going to carry them any more or what. But look in the back of the store where the clearance stuff is hiding. I found them in multiple places, bottom shelf, top shelf, etc. And the store employees had no idea that they even had them. Good luck!

ImFullOfScrap 09-28-2009 01:31 PM

I found them at Office Max yesterday. If you bought one for $6 you get another for free. Great bargain.

Mary Lou

creatingisfun 09-28-2009 01:42 PM

oh I like these!!
need to find an office max :)

ckbythesea 09-29-2009 06:10 PM

I got mine HERE

This site also had a great price on Tombo Mono adhesive refills, although I only see the dispensers on the site now.

mcbenjam 09-30-2009 03:04 AM

You got a great deal! Mine were $6 each, and I was glad to get them. Now I'm just trying to decide if 2 will be enough. Can't imagine needing more, but what if I decide later that I really, really need more and can't find any?

Enjoy organizing!

Mary

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImFullOfScrap (Post 15223689)
I found them at Office Max yesterday. If you bought one for $6 you get another for free. Great bargain.

Mary Lou

tjcuetara 10-02-2009 05:16 AM

dellabella
very great homemade solution love it.

Dauberdoo 10-02-2009 07:01 AM

Marker storage

Hi all, I got my marker storage from Target in their office supply area. They are the same as "X-boxes" except are divided in four sections in the shape of a "plus sign" if you are looking at it from the top. They are a lot cheaper than the X-boxes and can color coordinate them to your room.

YorkieMoma 10-04-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauberdoo (Post 15253715)
Hi all, I got my marker storage from Target in their office supply area. They are the same as "X-boxes" except are divided in four sections in the shape of a "plus sign" if you are looking at it from the top. They are a lot cheaper than the X-boxes and can color coordinate them to your room.

Are they clear, clear/smoky or colored and how much were they? I will be going to Target this week.

Thanks, Pam

Dauberdoo 10-05-2009 01:05 PM

X boxes

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkieMoma (Post 15272045)
Are they clear, clear/smoky or colored and how much were they? I will be going to Target this week.

Thanks, Pam

Sorry Pam, didn't see your question til just now! You can get them a lot of different ways. Mine were Kraft paper colored. They have black plastic, wire, all different kinds. They are maybe 4" square with a "plus symbol" divider (into four sections). In the office supply part for desk supplies. I think I paid maybe $4 for mine.

sohottstamper 10-09-2009 01:56 PM

Another idea instead of Kool-Aid containers (from dellabella post), use oatmeal containers. They are slightly bigger than the Kool-Aid ones, but are far cheaper. We have a big oatmeal eater in our house so we always have plenty lying around here. I have found many a creative idea for them.

buttons2 10-09-2009 02:46 PM

I bought a couple of those last year in one of the office supply stores. They were deeply discounted on sale for some reason. I'm thinking $2-$3 each.

Wanda