Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricut Expression - need help!

Does anyone have any ideas for setting up my Cricut Expression workstation? Ideally, I'd like to have my cartridges close by, too. Has anyone found a system that works well?? Currently, I have to unpack my Cricut, clear a space from my desk (enough in the front and back! :-) ) plug her in and cut.... Then move to another space to use my spatula to get my items off the mat... Other people have to have this problem, right?!? I'm willing to invest/purchase something to make this amazing machine more accessible!! Ideas, suggestions, recommendations and/or pics will be greatly appreciated!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had enough room to set up a small table just for my cricut. I got it at BJ's online - it is about 3 feet long. Because it was so small, I was able to keep it up all the time so I didn't have to deal with getting my cricut out all the time. I hung my cricut mats up on the wall by putting a large picture hanger in the wall next to my desk. The mats hang nicely on that.
For cartridges, this works GREAT for me - I love it! Saves a ton of space.
A Favored Cricut Cart Storage Idea...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for taking the time to respond! It is very helpful!! I love the idea of hanging the mats on the wall... I still need to figure out a storage/workstation that will work for my space. But I appreciate your help very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was having the same issue. I purchased a table on line from Walmart $66 (ship to store so free shipping) that fit in my open space perfectly. I have my mats hanging from the side of a bookcase that is adjacent to the table. I have my cartridges in the green polka dot cricut binders. They are on the table, far left corner. The expression is on the table pushed against the wall along the long side of the table. When I need it, I pull it away from the wall and turn it so I have 24" to front and to back, plug in my gypsy and cut. I then push it back and weed what needs to be weeded. It is plugged into a surge protector so I don't even have to worry about plugging it in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I set my Cricut & Imagine on top of Jetmax cubes stacked 3 high. The cart handbooks are stored in the 3 drawer cubes alphabetically & by alpha/shapes/disney. The carts themselves are in boxes I cut with the Cricut using a .cut file from design studio I got from someone else. The Cricut is the perfect height & everything right there. The mats can either put a plastic 3m hook on the side of your cubes to hang them on.

Ready for Spring!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

No, I don't. I wish I did. I am interested in seeing what everyone is doing too. My Imagine is friggin huge! I have this beautiful long kitchen county style table I work at. My Imagine takes up half the space. I am not kidding.

When I had my Expressions I had a cute wire shelf it set on. My Gazelle sat on the top shelf. If I needed one of them I would just take it down and cut. I keep my Gypsy beside me so I don't have to worry about cartridge storage. My mats are stored in a pretty decorator box underneath my table. This box holds my Gypsy, my stencils, cutting mats & die cutting mats. Since I got the Imagine my wire rack had to be retired. The Gypsy would flatten it out. I have tried some rolling carts and other storage ideas. Been a huge fail.

Reply With Quote Likes