Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   SU's Many Marvelous Markers Box (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/sus-many-marvelous-markers-box-587971/)

Oddesigns 05-25-2014 05:12 AM

SU's Many Marvelous Markers Box

I am constantly annoyed at dealing with the flaps on the Many Marvelous Markers box from SU, so I pulled the plastic insert out. To my surprise, it's four separate interlocking trays with an interlocking top.

Is there a way to get more of these without buying another full set of markers? I have 5 sets of in color markers now, and there is no room left. I'd love to expand this storage, especially since it looks like it's meant to be expanded.

SU doesn't seem to sell them. Anyone have any ideas where I can get more trays?

btalem 05-25-2014 09:40 AM

It's not cheap...but I found them here

Empty Zig Memory System Marker Case - MarkerSupply.com

This is the only place I have been able to find them.

Amy

Oddesigns 05-25-2014 11:03 AM

Wow, thanks! I've been looking myself and came up blank.

I may have to get that if I can't find someone who has one they are no longer using.

stamphappy1650 05-28-2014 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's great that you realized that the inserts are excellent. Years ago they were available on ebay but I rarely see them anymore. Not only do they store SU markers, but a lot of brands also fit. I have six (see pic).

Oddesigns 05-28-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 20646727)
That's great that you realized that the inserts are excellent. Years ago they were available on ebay but I rarely see them anymore. Not only do they store SU markers, but a lot of brands also fit. I have six (see pic).

Wow! That's some enviable ink pad and marker storage. What are the cases for your ink pads?

I did an ISO here and found someone kind enough to sell me an empty case. :) So I'll have enough space for my existing markers, with room to grow.

stamphappy1650 05-29-2014 04:21 AM

Thanks - My son made them from my design specs. We were going to market them but I just never got around to it. He told me that if anyone wants a set to let him know. I have no idea of the cost. Each unit has 3 sections. They are made from acrylic and I just love them.

So glad you found a case. They are the best.

P

bensarmom 06-23-2016 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a metal cube from the office section at Walmart and filled it with my markers. I've been a demo for 10 years and I haven't run out of room yet.
I also got tired of trying to find the right color marker so I typed out three-letter abbreviations in 8 pt. font in a word document. I made sure to have 3-4 spaces between each three letters and several rows between each row of letters. That allows plenty of space to use a 1/4" circle punch to punch out circles with the letters on them. Place these lettered circles on a glue dot, then attach to the end of the cap of the marker. I may try to organize them by color as well, but haven't done that.
If I want to travel with this, I turn it upright and place it in my bag.