Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   Stufftainers for stamp storage? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/stufftainers-stamp-storage-591115/)

Cathy H 08-19-2014 03:09 PM

Stufftainers for stamp storage?

Anyone use these for wooden stamp storage? Are they strong enough?
Just wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arlenevita 08-19-2014 03:41 PM

Hi, again! I do have several of the deepest ones with wood mounts in them. They are thinner than SU!'s clamshells. I think they are too flexible for the weight of all the stamps. I also don't like that the rim catches on the other clamshells I have on the bookshelves so pulls out other boxes when I pull out the Stufftainer. I want to change my Stufftainers and clamshells to SU! Wood mount boxes but that's a lot of money.

Cathy H 08-20-2014 01:23 PM

Thanks. I kind of suspected that hey wouldn't be good for wood --- just too heavy!

maslex 09-20-2014 02:53 AM

I was looking at the Stufftainers too for my loose wooden stamps but decided against it.

I did find these clear boxes at JoAnn's and have 3 of them that hold all of my wooden stamps. They work fine for me.

Darice Protect-N-Store Box at Joann.com

Cathy H 09-20-2014 03:11 PM

Thanks - I have some that are very similar - and they are just the right size for what I need

PSU Princess 10-05-2014 10:09 AM

I use the Stufftainers and LOVE them. Most of my stamps are unmounted, but I do have 3 large Stufftainers of wood mounted Elzybells stamps. The plastic is thinner than SU, but it closes tightly and feels sturdy when it's full.

whim6915 10-05-2014 01:01 PM

I use Stufftainers for some of my wood stamps as well as my unmounted stamps and love them. Never had a problem with them and I have several sets of SU sentiment stamps contained in one. The container is full, no problem with the weight.

shirlb19 05-23-2015 09:11 AM

Another vote for stufftainers. I have 25 of them full of wood stamps. I stand them on their sides as someone mentioned in another thread to stack them on top of each other is not a good idea. I did notice yesterday when I was organizing them that sometimes they catch a bit and it is harder to pull them out of the bookcase shelf they stand in, but it is really no biggie.

Shirl

Cathy H 05-23-2015 10:00 AM

I have also noticed that standing them on their sides seems to work better. Now I have a bunch of the really thin ones - anyone have any super ideas for what to use those for?

DianeinSparks 05-23-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy H (Post 20986131)
I have also noticed that standing them on their sides seems to work better. Now I have a bunch of the really thin ones - anyone have any super ideas for what to use those for?

I keep all my cling stamps in the thin Stufftainers and have for more than 10 years. Love this storage solution.