Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticker storage

I am looking for a way to separate and store my stickers. I am thinking that I want all of my alphas, flowers, borders, baby, girl, boy, etc. separated into some kind of bins or containers that I can line up on my shelves. I used to keep them in file folders but didn't like that. I now have them in drawers but they are a pain to go through because they are lying flat on top of each other. I would like to file them on their side so I can just flip through them. My problem is I have not found anything that is long enough for the alpha sheets and some of the other size sheets, plus I want them to coordinate. They don't have to be the same size just the same type. Anyone have any ideas for me?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 16 Posts

I use an expandable envelope that I love. I have 3 of them you can see what they look like here

Advantus Corporation Cropper Hopper 7x12 Expandable Paper Organizer: Clear - CHEX712 - ScrapbookingAlley.com

FYI - I didn't buy mine at the link above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for sharing. I used to file my stickers like that but now I have way too many and it is awkward for me. I really want to find some sort of boxes or bins to store them in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annolivView Post
Thanks for sharing. I used to file my stickers like that but now I have way too many and it is awkward for me. I really want to find some sort of boxes or bins to store them in.
Oh wel l. I used to use a binder and it was too heavy so I switched to the one above. I rarely use stickers anymore so I sold off most of what I had and no longer buy them. Good luck on finding a solution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Have you tried Container Store or IKEA? Perhaps some of the drawer organizer boxes would work if they have high enough sides. Also, it seems I've seen some baskets at Michael's that are long enough to hold them on their sides. If they are too wide to hold up your stickers, you could make your own category dividers to sort them. Hope this makes sense...it does in my head.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I had my stickers in a binder at one time and did't care for it. Here is what I did recently:

I bought a pink canvas storage basket from Target (it was in the bath section). I wasn't sure how I was going to make it work, but I really liked the basket. Anyway, I had a black mesh desk top letter file (approx. 5" from front to back) at home and bought another at Office Depot. I then placed them in the basket one behind the other. I placed my taller, larger stickers, like alphabets in the back (the taller wall of the basket helps hold them up right) and the shorter ones in the front. Any, tiny stickers that would get lost in the bottom of the basket, I placed in a clear ziplock pencil pouch that I also bought at Office Depot. I can now just pull the basket off the shelf and thumb through them. I am really liking it and it will hold a ton of stickers. I hope my describtion was clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

I keep my stickers in a photo album, the kinds with the sticky backing and the clear plastic that goes over it. It's easy to open up the book and tab through to find what style I'm looking for, for my project. I keep my alphabet stickers in slightly bigger albums that I found at Big Lots. They basically hold slightly smaller than 8.5x11 sheets of paper. I haven't been able to find them there in awhile though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

creative memories sticker binders are the bomb...they don't make them anymore, but you can pick them up on ebay sometimes...they also have a white deco file folder that they don't make anymore that is also wonderful...again, ebay, and also discontinued sticker pods are great...yep, ebay....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

I have been using gift bags. looks like a box with one of the long sides open and has handles for easy grabbing. they are long enough to hold the alphabet stickers and the bottoms and sides have slight accordian to them so they can open and sit flat. I pick them up cheap and target and the dollar stores. they look really pretty sitting on the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails
Sticker storage-bb_2441305108.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

This is the best way I have found to store my stickers. They are stored in plastic zippered office envelopes. I have found them everywhere. Most of the time I leave the zippers open, but the zippers are handy if you want to grab the folder and take it to a crop.

I put the envelopes in inexpensive white bins. The stickers are by themes in the envelopes.

I have these bins sitting on top of a rolling cart at the moment, but you can move them anywhere. Any oversized sticker sheets are in a 12 by 12 office pouch (far left hand side of photo). This is one that has the string that wraps around plastic circles to keep it closed. I only have one of those... everything else fits in the zippered envelopes.

I have photos on my facebook page here:

Mission Organization | Facebook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I've used foam core board to divide my drawer so the stickers can sit in sections, on their sides. I like flipping through things then being able to close the drawer and all is instantly tidied up again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoffeeKatView Post
I've used foam core board to divide my drawer so the stickers can sit in sections, on their sides. I like flipping through things then being able to close the drawer and all is instantly tidied up again.
Love this idea! I keep all kinds of scraps and left-overs this way too. It is so easy to rummage through a drawer and then shut it. Voila! Instantly neat and tidy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I use one of these Sterilite Ultra baskets, from Walmart, to hold my Thickers. They're filed on their sides so I can flip through easily (or at least would be able to if it weren't *so* full!). All but a few full-sheet alphas fit nicely inside the basket. A couple really tall ones have had to be folded over. I imagine quite a few of the baskets and bins designed to hold DVDs would work too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

That is what I was hoping to do. I don't have a drawer large enough use so I have been looking for some baskets. I found some at 50% off at Michaels and bought 3 of them. I was able to put all of my Thickers and dimentional alpha's in one. All other alpha's in one and all of my border stickers (can't get enough of them) in one. I need to go back and get some for other catagories ie. boys, girls, flowers, etc. Didn't buy alot of them cause I wasn't sure they would work. Now hopefully they will go on sale again soon. If not I will look for the Sterilite ones Sarah posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

You can find small, plastic bill divider type desk organizers at any office supply store that can fit into drawers or baskets to store sticker sheets on side so you can flip through them.

I use these notebook folder type things I found in walmart a long time ago, that I love because they have a little envelope part on the front of each folder too for smaller parts. But like others, I don't use too many stickers, so I dont keep them real handy, just stored nearby.

I divide my alphas by color, the same way I divide all my paper and embellies. And categorically I have like 16 categories...Baby, Wedding, Birthday/Celebration, Sports, Floral, ..then I do by season/holiday like Spring, Easter, Summer, Fall, Halloween, Winter, Christmas..etc, you get the idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I store my stickers in cheap 12x12 almubs. I can sort by type and flip through to get what I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I love stickers, I have them all stuffed (can not find what I need easily), but they are undamaged in a LARGE Iris SnapTop Case (http://www.irisusainc.com/p-596-snt-l.aspx). I tried the binders, but the tall pkgs kept getting damaged. I don't really use them much, maybe I should purge about 3/4 of them. Or, maybe what I need are some good ways to use the stickers, so they don't look like stickers ... does that even make any sense?

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 06-23-2011 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: spelling, grammar, link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Perfect sense.

You started me thinking (which is dangerous at this hour)...Anyway, how about:

Putting stickers onto CS then fussy cutting them so they can be mounted on pop dots or as layers between other things.

Distress ink, dry brush or crackle paint them.

UTEE over the top (or that thick clear glue) and make them look like badges/buttons. Or maybe some kindy glitz/stickles.

Suspend them in things on acetate.

Make a patchwork/collage with a whole pack of them and then distress or sew it.

Wow! I surprise myself. I'l have to dig out some stickers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Smile Sticker Storage (and more!)

I use the scrap rack and have been using it for years. Fast, quick and easy to retrieve anything in there. I think I have 3 of them now.

This isn't letting me post the link yet, I have to post a few more messages. Please google Scrap Rack and you'll see it!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoffeeKatView Post
Perfect sense.

You started me thinking (which is dangerous at this hour)...Anyway, how about:

Putting stickers onto CS then fussy cutting them so they can be mounted on pop dots or as layers between other things.

Distress ink, dry brush or crackle paint them.

UTEE over the top (or that thick clear glue) and make them look like badges/buttons. Or maybe some kindy glitz/stickles.

Suspend them in things on acetate.

Make a patchwork/collage with a whole pack of them and then distress or sew it.

Wow! I surprise myself. I'l have to dig out some stickers.

Thank you ... Fantastic ideas ... I'm going to have to try some of those, but what is fussy cutting? I have never heard the term before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Cutting in a certain part of the design to get a part of the pattern that you want.

Here is a link to a fantastic description.

I hadn't thought of piecing the image together like that, so I learned something from googling for a picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I use the clip it up system.
Attached Thumbnails
Sticker storage-clip-up-system.jpg  

My Blog
- My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by runaeView Post
creative memories sticker binders are the bomb...they don't make them anymore, but you can pick them up on ebay sometimes...they also have a white deco file folder that they don't make anymore that is also wonderful...again, ebay, and also discontinued sticker pods are great...yep, ebay....
I second the CM sticker pods - I keep all of mine in the largest of the sizes. Ebay usually has them, or if you can find a CM consultant, they might want to sell them off from their own stock. I also use the CM sticker binders as well, and love them.
Reply With Quote Likes