Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile Making lemonade, the second time around

It's amazing, how your life can change in a split second. Due to circumstances beyond our control, my son was given custody of his two small sons, and with him being in law enforcement, crazy hours, he needs a lot of help. So I took the lemon of a situation, made some great lemonade with the love and attention of two precious little boys. Motherhood has been easier the second time around, but my scrapping/stamping time is very limited. My quiet serene weekends are now flag football games, grilled cheese sandwiches,and bicycle races. To make the most of my minutes, organization is upmost. The scrapbox would be a great addition to my craft area, and let me utilize my time and talents more efficiently. I need to get started on Halloween treats for the boy's classroom.

Thanks so much for this opportunity

Patrice
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmmm....send some lemonade my way....I promise not to spill it on my new scrapbox...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Cool

Heidi,

You gonna have to make your own lemonade. I have 40 treat bags to fill, get the boys bathed, and get everything ready for a football game in the morning.
I have to be loaded and out of the house by 7 am.

No rerst for the weary.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Wink

Finally, some peace and quiet, might attempt to make some cards. The boys had great games, kids this age are so cute, and my homemade cookies were a big hit.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Cool

Tried to tidy up my scrap area today, so much to do, so little time. And got to get baking and treat bags ready for the game Saturday.

Is it really wrong to pray for rain?

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Wink

Looking at some of these other posts makes me want to call my mother. If she shows up at your door, your craft rooms would be cleaned, organized, labeled, neat, orderly, and spacious. I work for days in mine if I know she is coming.

Anyone want her phone #? lol

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oohh, your mother would have fun at my house, my 3 kids are busy. No time (for them) to clean up, I guess. I am gathering so many crafting supplies that some must be left out when I have a big project going on and the kids try to 'help', bless their hearts. Problem is, they are not as experienced as i am at cutting. my 3 year old loves to fringe everything... I would like to keep a kids' area with easily accessible things then have mine all tidy in the Scrapbox. Mmm, lemons. I think tomorrow's cake will be lemon flavored. Good Luck!

Shannon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Wink

I love lemon pound cakes, haven't baked one in ages. Life was much easier before carbs and cholesterol took over. My grandsons love to cut also, they just get a piece of scrap cardstock, and their little safety scissors, and start snipping away. Then get out the glue, start smashing pieces together, then look so proudly at their "creation". Bless them, they have already told me what they would like on the menu this weekend, better hit WallyWorld tomorrow.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck, I love your story. You are wonderful for helping your son raise his two sons. They are lucky to have you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Thank You Kathleen,

This whole experience has made me a stronger person, dealing with the court system, judges, and lawyers. Family law in the state of Texas is a joke, and needs to be revised. But for now I am a protective mother tiger over these two little boys. I am figuring out what goodies I am going to come up with for this weeks football game. I havwe a reputation to keep up, and it's hard work lol. Then on to Halloween ideas.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Whew, after reading some of these posts, and looking at photos provided, it's wore me out. I takes real talent, and perseverance to create anything in some of the chaos I have seen displayed.

I am going shopping in Dallas tomorrow, hope a stop my The Container Store is in store, just love that place.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

stamptaylor,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Smile

I had to think a little bit about these questions.

1. Why I craft-

I was raised by a mother born in 1929, and a childhood during the depression was not easy. Quilts made with bits and pieces of childhood clothing have stood the test of time, and that has made a impression on me. Then I got married, and my husband put me in a house in the country, in a big pasture, and no neighbors, no cable television, 30 minutes from the closest grocery store. The evenings got really long, so I started counted cross stitch, crewel Christmas ornaments, sewing my white hospital uniforms. I got hooked, the ladies at the Bernina shop became my friends. I get the greatest satisfaction in saying" I did it myself". I have found people I have met in any sewing/stamping/scrapping workshops are fantastic. Another reason I craft is to surround myself with happy, positive ,creative people.

2. What I do with my completed projects

Many are gifts I make for other people. The recession is beginning to creep in the area I live in, so I use my crafty talents to make things easier on my friends checkbooks. The nurses could not believe the cute embellished boxes, with 3x3 cards and Christmas tags, and the cost of creating each was a whole whopping sixty cents. I work with many single mothers, so I try to keep the ideas flowing, helps with the holiday budget. My oldest grandson started kindergarten this year, I got plans for his teacher's gifts this year.

3. What is the biggest impact any of my projects has had on me, someone else, or the world at large.

A couple of years ago I wanted to get a group together to bake cookies to send to soldiers overseas.Well easier said than done. Others didn't have time, didn't like to bake, afraid of falling off Weight Watchers tasting cookies. But friends said they would trade monetary donations for cards. Wow, I have lost count of the cards I have made, but I have sent over 1,500 cookies to soldiers in Iraq, Kuwait, South Korea.Thank goodness to whoever gave me the microwave peanut brittle recipe, and flat rate boxes from USPS. I have received great letter from soldiers, doing a tough job so far from home. I print out updates, letting those know who donated where the boxes go, contents, recipes. It's very humbling to me, people think enough of my cards and creations, and will help support this cause.

Tonight is Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva. My time, as I call it, start putting Halloween cards together.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes