Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE, HELP AN OLD LADY HAVE SOME HAPPINESS IN HER LAST YEARS!!!

I am a retired old woman and I would never ever be able to afford this on SS. (That stands for Social Security, not Stampin Success).........
I am now storing my supplies in two dresser drawers one on each sideof a book shelf.
The dresser drawers squeak and squeal each time I open and close the drawers. Some drawers are so heavy that once I get them out, I can't get them back in and this is not good for my back (being an old women and all).
Of the items that are "stacked" on the bookshelves, I always seem to need what is on the very bottom so that means pulling everything off of the shelves and then having to put them back on after retrieving what I need.

It sure would give this old lady a rest to have such an organizational tool as the one in this contest.

I probably will have dreams about just where I would put everything in this wonderful looking organization cabinet. For me, I wouldn't give a hoot what color it comes in, I will take whatever you would choose to send me and be so grateful.

Infact, I bet my doctor would even write a letter saying how this tool could possibly extend my lifetime. Just think how wonderful that would make you feel to have done that for me.

Why, I haven't even taken my afternoon nap yet, and I am already dreaming of just how I will organize my tools into this workbox and walking around the house in a daze trying to picture the very best place for it (this without my "old" husband knowing what I am up to)

Last edited by Evalou; 09-25-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Talking I HAD A DREAM

Well, I took my afternoon nap and I was right, I had a wonderful dream about where this organizational tool would go and just how I would fill all of those beautiful organizational "pockets" would get filled.

I now keep staring at the spot where this could go and I need to stop before my husband starts thinking that I am "spacing out" and he feels the need to check out the nearest "assisted living facilities". I am pretty sure that they won't have the space for all of my crafting tools, let alone this organizational cabinet.

So I hope you realize that not only would you be extending my life, but you might also be keeping me out of the assisted living by having me win this cabinet.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, you've got my vote ;D
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassieTView Post
Well, you've got my vote ;D
Thank you dearie, I'm glad someone has some compassion for the elderly, sniff, sniff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Default To the judges of this contest

Please take into account that if a scrapper cannot halfway organize what little space they have, meaning not mixing in the toys on the same shelf as stamps, (why would toys be up on the top shelf anyway???) then they probably cannot organize an organizer chest.

What a shame it would be to have canned soup in those nifty little zip pockets.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

With your sense of humour you will outlive us all. I bet you enjoy life to the fullest. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh gosh, I am loving this (and I am probably older than you) know where you are comig from, insert violin music here . Looking at aging with humor, its the only way to survive. And - - - my pretties, it will happen to all of you (old lady cackle here) Good luck Evalou, I have a cousin with your name. You have my vote da Tbag
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Talk about OLD.... I live in a house that was built 65 years ago.... and I'm older than that. The grey hair you see in my avatar is NOT because my little dog was shedding......... KWIM?
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Talk about OLD.... I live in a house that was built 65 years ago.... and I'm older than that. The grey hair you see in my avatar is NOT because my little dog was shedding......... KWIM?

Actually my home is 59 years old and I have lived in it for 35 years and I have been married for 46 years and that is as far as I am going to go with this conversation.....lol.....like I said, I AM on SS so that gives a pretty good hint right there.

As for the gray hair, mine is not gray yet, but that is only because I have had lung cancer twice and when I went through chemo and lost my hair, it came back in very very dark with not an ounce of gray. It was a shock to us all. The last round was 5 years ago now (woo hoo) and it still is not gray.

By the way, we are very close to being neighbors, IF I win the organizer, I will give you directions to come and see and drool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

You get my vote! :-D
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Hey ! are we trying to out "old lady" each other here. Isn't this fun. I am near both Evalou and GarnetJ, is it the water up here, or maybe the weather. I am in Snohomish County, the North end of it. Watching this thread is a hoot, have been out to yard sales today (its an old lady thing) no stampy stuff though. Good Luck Evalou, love all these posts. tbag
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbagnolaView Post
Hey ! are we trying to out "old lady" each other here. Isn't this fun. I am near both Evalou and GarnetJ, is it the water up here, or maybe the weather. I am in Snohomish County, the North end of it. Watching this thread is a hoot, have been out to yard sales today (its an old lady thing) no stampy stuff though. Good Luck Evalou, love all these posts. tbag
What a coincidence, I have been out in the yard today too, not to sales though, but yard "work" which is another old lady thing, but needs a young body to do some of the things I try to do in my gardens. My arms are still vibrating from using the hedge trimmer all afternoon.

Actually I think it is yard work, our water AND our weather that makes me feel like I am still young. I dearly love the Pacific Northwest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I'm still here and still dreaming...............
but I am being VEEERRY careful and keeping my face from showing my excitement because I think I saw my husband looking at the newspaper sections for a NH. That is supposed to stand for Nursing Homes, but it really means Nearer Hell, which is pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by Evalou; 09-27-2009 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, Evalou, I love your thread. It will keep me smiling all day. Thanks and good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Well, since it has been 5 days since I have done anything with my thread, and I am on page 14 I think it is time for me to bow out. I just took a break and read through a "lot" of threads and I have to say, there really are "a few" who need this beautiful work space more than I do.
Good luck everyone and have fun, I sure did while I stayed in the game. But I have a club to prepare for and a workshop the day after and a craft bazaar next weekend, so I need to keep stampin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

I have to say that at this very moment, my vote would go to Cedargirl. Anyone who can so beautifully organize a tiny little laundryroom the way she has and do her cutting out on top of a dryer deserves a better space to organize.
Reply With Quote Likes