Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   organizing paint (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/organizing-paint-502752/)

JKArkansas 08-16-2010 08:23 AM

organizing paint

Any suggestions on good storage would be sooo much appreciated..i have about 50 plus bottles of making memories paints...but want them where they are easily viewed by color...so i don't have to keep digging through a tote..

snowcountry311 08-16-2010 08:48 AM

mine are in a drawer. names written on lids. i sort them in this order.
white, skin tones,yellow,light green to dark.same w/ blue. light orange,orange. into reds.
light browns into browns. same w/ grays into blacks.
this systen works very well for me

TeeGeeDee 08-16-2010 09:27 AM

If the cap unscrews you could put a dab of paint on it and, once it is thoroughly dried, store it in a drawer in whatever way makes sense for you (I like gayla/snowcountry311's order ... hi friend!). I've done this with Stickles and Liquid Pearls ... requires patience for thorough drying.

JKArkansas 08-16-2010 07:57 PM

thanks ladies...those could work...:)

snowcountry311 08-16-2010 09:25 PM

putting the paint on the lids is ok. but when i tole paint i need the name to follow along w/ the directions

GramMcCaul 08-17-2010 03:24 AM

I use a large spinning rack I picked up at M's - have the colors in ROYGBIV and then black - brown - white, makes it easy to see the colors and get to them
have a good one
Gerry

JKArkansas 08-17-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramMcCaul (Post 17173921)
I use a large spinning rack I picked up at M's - have the colors in ROYGBIV and then black - brown - white, makes it easy to see the colors and get to them
have a good one
Gerry

the spinning rack sounds good...i haven't seen that at mikes....who makes it..??

TeeGeeDee 08-17-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 17173602)
putting the paint on the lids is ok. but when i tole paint i need the name to follow along w/ the directions

I just use my paints to make backgrounds or on chipboard so I only need to see the color.

TeeGeeDee 08-17-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKArkansas (Post 17174282)
the spinning rack sounds good...i haven't seen that at mikes....who makes it..??

I saw one in the Lakeside Collection catalog (considered getting it but my room isn't set-up yet and I might not want to use a flat surface vs. a drawer.) Here's a link:

| Lakeside Collection

Also (I bought them but my paints were - and still are - packed so I haven't tried it), JetMax makes a clear drawer insert designed to hold acrylic paints (like the 2-oz. FolkArt bottles which m/b a different shape than Making Memories).

I don't have too many paints so I think the insert will work for me (I really just want a layer protection in case of leaks before I store them in one of my Jetmax cubes.)

JKArkansas 08-17-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee (Post 17174533)
I saw one in the Lakeside Collection catalog (considered getting it but my room isn't set-up yet and I might not want to use a flat surface vs. a drawer.) Here's a link:

| Lakeside Collection

Also (I bought them but my paints were - and still are - packed so I haven't tried it), JetMax makes a clear drawer insert designed to hold acrylic paints (like the 2-oz. FolkArt bottles which m/b a different shape than Making Memories).

I don't have too many paints so I think the insert will work for me (I really just want a layer protection in case of leaks before I store them in one of my Jetmax cubes.)

this is just what i need...thanks sooo much for posting...i like have things up where i can see them...then i will use them more...otherwise they just sit in the drawer...:)

snowcountry311 08-17-2010 09:06 AM

tina-can find a link for everything!

TeeGeeDee 08-17-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKArkansas (Post 17174892)
this is just what i need...thanks sooo much for posting...i like have things up where i can see them...then i will use them more...otherwise they just sit in the drawer...:)

YW ... I too usually like things in plain sight but I don't use my paints enough to justify the desktop (or floor) space the revolving thing would take. My workspace is long (matching 5-foot and 4-foot desks) but narrow (I think 28-inches and a good deal of it is in front of a window I don't want blocked.)

Gayla ... I can't find a link to everything but I can find links to lots of things :D

snowcountry311 08-17-2010 09:10 AM

hi tina!
are you coming sept 11th?

creatingisfun 08-17-2010 09:13 AM

I have them on a a drawer too with all the ink refills, and sponges and brushes.
Had them in order by color, but now there just everywhere lol

KoffeeKat 08-17-2010 05:22 PM

Just to be off the page, what about those bags you hang in the wardrobe for shoes?

I bet some crafty person could make this to suit paints even better.

snowcountry311 08-17-2010 07:36 PM

i like drawers because i hate dust!

ChriStampery 08-19-2010 08:51 AM

I got a spinning rack just like the Lakeside one at A.C. Moore. If you have that chain in your area, you might could get it cheaper with a coupon...