Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Organization - Software

I am looking for some software. I need a software package that will catalog:
Wood Stamps
Cling Stamps
Digi Stamps

Many Many of my supplies like:
Copics
Ink
Cuttlebug Folders
Spellbinders

I want this software to be able to easily search for an item and the result will tell me where I stored it.
I also want this software to export to pdf (or have a download available in itunes) so that when I am shopping…I will not double purchase. (I plan to upload to the cloud) if app is not available.
I also want this software to print inventory lists, withchoices to (above) pdf or print. A list or a “picture album” or CD Case inserts, that would also say the location of where I stored them, complete with photos.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? What do you use?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 93 Likes on 60 Posts

Here's a thread where you may find some ideas: Organizing/Inventory of Supplies?? by dmo at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

What you need is a database.

Big but...unless someone has designed one for this purpose, which is very specific, you would need to start from scratch to make one yourself and it can be complex.

Have you looked at the spreadsheet apps? Spreadsheets are quite useful as a simple form of database. You can sort by product and print results.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Wow! Someone has done it! That Organised Expressions Database was a big project.

And I see in that thread an online collection site and someone suggested using a Google Docs spreadsheet which I was about to do.

I never realised crafters were so tech savy and organised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

For a couple years now, I have tried to keep a hard copy inventory...it's not working!! LOL!!!

I'm trying an online tracking system. It's a bit cumbersome because of all the input, but there are things I like about it (and don't like about it). It's free...it's worth a try.

Inking with Brenda Lee: Getting started and staying organized: itrakmine.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

I've just discovered an Android database app called Memento.

I've made a database with sections that suit me. You can add a Barcode field so you can scan in supply information and the web will search for you. I've also added a shopping field so I can add wishlist items and things I need a refill for.

Finally, I've synced with Google Docs so I can edit on my PC. I can do that by transferring the file directly via USB on my tablet, but I know not all tablets can do that.

Memento has standard formats for shopping lists, home inventories, music/film collections, recipes, books, lecture notes, voice notes and even passwords so it is pretty useful for more than just craft. There is a small advert in one corner, but I hardly noticed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

I found a solution. I am using MS access. Love it. I even can scan my rubber stamps in and print out labels and print out catalogs. I then take my catalogs and push to one note, which is sync'ed with the cloud. This means i can access my data via any internet device i use such as my phone, ipad and any computer!

Was out of town and seen a sale on ink, grabbed my iPhone, started one note and found all the colors I already had, purchased some that I did!

Oh, my sister and I share some of our crafting stamps, dies ect...she and I both now know what the other has. This has been so helpful.

Finally!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I have created several databases for myself. I had offered them up for sale on Etsy, but no takers.

They are awesome, but they do have limitations - like there are way more than 50 stamp makers, but once I have 49 different makers in the database, it cuts me off. I can still add them but not via quick choice of a drop down menu (and repetitive typing gets annoying).

I have also used Excel for my die database and I am slowly converting that over to a regular MS database.

I really like what I can make verses a craft database I bought off eBay years ago - that thing crashed - big time!

I think having databases on the computer = more Eco-Friendly rather than having lots of paper in notebooks, though I have created several page styles for those who need the "real" visual and tactile on hand.

If you have MS Access or Excel - you can customize to your specific needs. I am self-taught = anyone can do it!

Oh and almost anything can be converted to PDF as long as you have PDF converter software installed. There are free and low cost versions out there.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is a free coloring (generic) sheet I made and you are welcome to use this
Generic Printable COLORING Sheet by twink-a-dink at Splitcoaststampers ... It's very versatile and simple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

I use a program called HanDbase. I love it. Every category of a craft room has its own tab, ie. inks, Nestabilities, embossing folders, 6 x 6 paper pads, stamps, punches etc. i created the tabs myself and in each tab you can customize to your needs. I even went through my stamp sets and typed out every sentiment and cataloged each one, so now I can find 40 different happy birthday sayings and I can even tell you where it is in my room. You can upload photos to the program and attach it to the item in the database. I have this ap on my iPad, but, just recently bought the program for my computer so I can sync it. I believe it is 9.99 for the ap and $9.99 for the computer program.. I figure it's the cost of a stamp or two and well worth the money in savings as I don't repeat purchases anymore. 😁

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

A Little Birdie Told Me

You may want to get the ScrapStash app is you are using iProducts. I believe it cost $2.99. You will have to manually insert your Digi stamps, however, you can scan the UPC codes on your products, if you still have them, and can manipulate the data into groups and types as you see fit.

They still have a few issues to work through, IMHO. I do not appreciate the freakin' thing crashing on me, forcing my iChild to reboot. I just think you'd be able to avoid useless hours imputing product names and you would have a digital copy for those moments when it's impossible to remember "do I have that already?"

Good luck! It took me two hours to finish organizing the treasures on the top of my smallest table. *Gah*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Database on Etsy

Where on Etsy do I find the database?

twcooke

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
I have created several databases for myself. I had offered them up for sale on Etsy, but no takers.

They are awesome, but they do have limitations - like there are way more than 50 stamp makers, but once I have 49 different makers in the database, it cuts me off. I can still add them but not via quick choice of a drop down menu (and repetitive typing gets annoying).

I have also used Excel for my die database and I am slowly converting that over to a regular MS database.

I really like what I can make verses a craft database I bought off eBay years ago - that thing crashed - big time!

I think having databases on the computer = more Eco-Friendly rather than having lots of paper in notebooks, though I have created several page styles for those who need the "real" visual and tactile on hand.

If you have MS Access or Excel - you can customize to your specific needs. I am self-taught = anyone can do it!

Oh and almost anything can be converted to PDF as long as you have PDF converter software installed. There are free and low cost versions out there.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a fairly new online supply database I learned about on Scrapbook.com - Scrappypedia

I've just started to play around with it myself, but I can see where it would be quite handy. The advantage of having something like this is that if you have a smart phone (I don't, but hope to someday), then you could access it anywhere, like when you're shopping. Just an idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow looks like I am going to have to read up on this thread when I have a bit more time, thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Likes