Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anna Griffin Embossing Folder Sleeves

I did not find a thread on these, so please forgive me if it is already discussed somewhere. i recently found out about these when i was watching youtube videos for embossing storage. i like the fact that you can store the little border next to the folder, and more importantly, that they appear to be made of thick vinyl so as not to tear easily. my question is, on hsn website, they have a pack of 2o gussetted, or a pack of 30...no gussets. what is the gusset thing, and what does it do, and for keeping the folders in a box, do i need a gusset?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Gusset usually means expandable. I have gusseted cello bags that have pleats along the sides. The pleats can be extended so the bag can be made bigger if needed. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

ah, i see! so they made the regular ones, then made expandable ones...that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Mission Organization:

Always being in the look out for new ideas for organization, I ran across this video on YouTube by Jennifer McGuire using magnetic sheets, cardstock, and Avery Elle sleeves was one that I find is one I am going to try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Jennifer McGuire die storage video is below. I basically do what she did in the video, with a different box. I didn't see magnetic sheets - maybe they're from an earlier or later video?

I just use the square pockets with a cardstock backing. SSS sells cardstock inserts that fit or you can make your own. Sometimes I cut off part of the package the die came in that has the company and die name, and slip it on the other side of the cardstock for reference.

So far I've put dies that are too tall in the same envelopes in the back of the container. They just stick up a bit. I might switch them to Avery Elle pockets, which my stamps live in.

I haven't labeled them since I don't have tons, but next time I'm in a labeling mood, might do so. (Last time I wanted to label I labeled my husband's coaster on the end table with his name, so the addiction can be dangerous.) ; )

Enjoy!
Video: Die Storage + Giveaway - Jennifer McGuire Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default purchased the AG ef holders

Quote:

Originally Posted by winzercastleView Post
I did not find a thread on these, so please forgive me if it is already discussed somewhere. i recently found out about these when i was watching youtube videos for embossing storage. i like the fact that you can store the little border next to the folder, and more importantly, that they appear to be made of thick vinyl so as not to tear easily. my question is, on hsn website, they have a pack of 2o gussetted, or a pack of 30...no gussets. what is the gusset thing, and what does it do, and for keeping the folders in a box, do i need a gusset?
I bought a set on HSN because I wanted my borders and folders in one location as a set. The vinyl is very heavy and should last a long time. I am hunting for a box in Michael's to hold these as they don't fit in anything I currently own. As the collection expands, I may need more. These fit the larger folders with ease.
Reply With Quote Likes