Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckarellaView Post
Dang, I will have to take a photo of my room where everything is at... Next problem would be if I were to win who's going to help me put it all together all nice and organized...
Oh, they didn't tell you...it comes with the following;
a "Ms or Mr fixit gal/guy, with training from the Organizational Institute for Creative Genius', a home cooked meal (usually a nice Meatloaf or freshly caught Fish entray), their clean-up assistants that await every random scrap of refuse from project set-up...and I hear these assistants get bored if they are standing around...so they CLEAN your entire house (toilets and garage included) and then fit in a quick trip to take YOU shopping via limo with champagne and snacks to your local craft store (reload your stock and hearts desire)...and as everything gets placed in every proper nook and cranny zippered and snapped into this wonderful system -you'll receive a facial, massage and have your children read to and put to bed.... Oh gosh, did I forget anything in the small print???hmmm....

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, I think I got it all!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

My sister keeps sending me information on this great storage unit, saying I need to get one. I have been trying to put money aside, but something else (car, doctor, etc.) seems to take that money away and I start over again.

I live in a mobile home and there is not much room. I am so tired of pulling out boxes to get what I need and then repacking when I am done. This would be really great in the room and instead of rearranging boxes I can see what is where and just pull out the drawer that has what I need. I'll have to look over the competition, see if I feel more worthy, and work on the winning entry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #124  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Tornado ally

My work space is so disorganized I could use this sooo bad. I am organized except can't afford to buy the units or drawers I need. If I had this It would be a place to relax unwind and create just for myself. No more spending time looking for items. I have, and can not find. It would fit into any space
I can put it. Card making is my solace away from the fear of losing my home. Even though I work everyday in healthcare I need someone to care about me. Due to the fact my husband can't find a job. I would earn even more money making my cards and scrapbook pages. I have never won anything ever but we all have a chance right? Please pick me Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #125  
Inking Addict

I don't understand this tread thing. How to start but still attach to contest....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #126  
Insane Embellisher

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts
Default I stamp on a 5'x7' Closet Floor ---Video up now

Just wanted to tell everyone that I now have a Video up telling my "Real Story".

Please see it and Please whoever you judges Are~~~~~~~VOTE FOR ME!!

I REALLY NEED THIS AND MY FAMILY NEEDS ME OUT OF THE CLOSET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bcvPwR8x4

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #127  
Matboard Maniac

OMG!!! I never, ever thought I would let anyone really see what mess I have....but for a chance to win the scrapbox.....I will do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was telling my family at dinner last night about this contest and how much fun it is to read everyone's story...I can see it now; <visual> a reality TV show entitled; "A Crafters Nightmare" The first episode would open up with flashes of a couple of us crafters in our dungeon, livingroom, kitchen corner, hallway...various places in our homes working feverishly to get a project done...the teacher-- making signage for their bulletin boards, the PTO mother-- making HUGE 4'x4' sunshine's for their son's "Greek God's" school project, the young mom w/o kids half dressed- up making a card to go with a bottle of wine for the party she's late for, and finally the exhausted female buried in her crafty nest....doodling away all caught up in their Xyron machine with googley eyes stuck on her forehead....(break away to phone shot) The phone rings...they all receive a call from the ScrapBox people...as they are answering their phones...(one-by-one) --two really big, bold, muscle men with tatoos on their arms come into our homes and tell them to "STOP" oops..."QUIT MESSIN AROUND" and they have to come to take them to live in the SCRAPBOX HOUSE! <dum-de-dum-dum> Next Scene: Limo's are pulling away from their drive-ways...kids are screaming for their mother's...husbands have puzzled looks on their faces, dogs are chasing the cars....They have all been brought to an undisclosed warehouse - each with seperate rooms with bright lights and a challenge before them...They take their blindfolds off and notice an exact replica of their scrap area has been duplicated into this room they have been planted in....(A voice over a loud speaker says....)"You have exactly one half hour to organize your scrap room" (sound of a loud tickinig clock in background)...Each of these woman SCREAM and CLAW at their 12x12 scrapbook paper on the floor...someone trips over their Cricut and accidently sends their eyelet hammer flying into the next cubby!......(commercial break)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #129  
Cardstock Collector

I am a self-confessed hoarder and love every new gadget that comes out - how wonderful it would be if I could actually find them when I need them. What a much need addition the Scrapbox would be to my little creative space. I hibernate each evening in a small room that I share with my husband. It is so tight that if we are both in there together our chairs bump - which isn't really conducive to stamping projects! Thanks for hosting this contest and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win!

Last edited by bakinflscrappin; 10-01-2009 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #130  
Matboard Maniac

I really need one of these because I no longer have a house so I have lost my scrapbook/stamp room. We are living in a camper which is called a "toybox" and I have a 12 foot garage in the back of it. This system would create space for me so that my beloved hobby could continue to be pursued rather than just play when I am visiting my toys at my daughter's home. I look forward to this forum and would love to win. I miss stamping so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #131  
Cardstock Collector

Default Contest

The reason I need it is because I almost broke my neck the last time I walked into my scraproom. I would love to give my scraproom to my boys as a game room and put this in the living room so I can be where the action is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #132  
Die Cut Diva

Oh I have to enter. I have such a sad mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #133  
Insane Embellisher

There are so many of us that really need this scrapbox.
I really hope it goes to one of us that doesn't have a "scrap room", and has things all over, where ever they can find room.
I'm hoping to take pictures and post soon.
good luck everyone

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #134  
Cardstock Collector

Default I agree

I agree with Sharon - I hope one of us that really have "no space" win - some of the stories are sad but let's face it we all have a story - I'd like to win but would be happy if someone else won who didn't have any space either - so for me it will be a win-win no matter what - good luck ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just hope whoever wins is someone who has been playing nicely. It's unfortunate that this contest has brought out the nasty side of some people. I really don't think it's necessary to put others down in order to win something. I know that I'll be voting for not only someone who needs it, but also for someone who's been nice throughout this whole contest!

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #136  
Glitter Queen

I never win ANYTHING, but this is fun. I've always wanted one of these craft cabinets. I will MAKE room for it in my craft room even if I have to pack away some of my Elvis stuff.
Have been making my own cards for 15 yrs & never seem to be able to keep all my stamping stuff in one place. This would be perfect. May the best person win.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #137  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
i just might take a photo right now-you can't see my carpet!
Gayla - now REALLY......I think you'd need a couple of these side by side, don't you think???? Still not enough space with this to store all of your stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 AM   #138  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicafawnView Post
Oh how I wish I could enter.... but I'm not in the Continental US due to my DH being in the good ol' US Navy! Guess I'll have to hope for another contest when we make it stateside again...
no kidding...:twisted:...we always get the rough end of the stick....and trying to conform to foreign spaces should get bonus points...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #139  
Insane Embellisher

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts

can someone help me and tell me how to add a word or two to my thread title.

I don't want to edit my postings I want to add something to my title. I know it can be done but cannot find any one on help to tell me.

Someone said click edit but they didn't say what page or where. Any help out there before I go to work??

Finally...
A Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, I am going to try and help you, but I am kinda new at this...so bare with me...Go to your "Welcome in2stamps" line at the top of the first page...click on that and your "functions list" will show up on the left column on the page...scroll to EDIT SIGNATURE LINE....and fiddle with that...there is also a HOW TO section on here...it tells you step by step how to make things work....Oh crackers...where is the how to page....see...I tried... <crawling back under my rock> Ask Beate..she knows EVERYTHING!!! <smiles>

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by in2stampsView Post
can someone help me and tell me how to add a word or two to my thread title.

I don't want to edit my postings I want to add something to my title. I know it can be done but cannot find any one on help to tell me.

Someone said click edit but they didn't say what page or where. Any help out there before I go to work??
If you mean the title of this thread, then you click Edit and then click GO ADVANCED. Once in the advanced area, you'll be able to change the title.

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #142  
Cardstock Collector

Hi - I wholeheartedly agree - there are lots and lots of deserving scrappers out there and, unfortunately, many of us are a "mess" -- I mean that in the kindest of ways because my space tends to be a chaotic mess at all times! This Scrapbox would be the answer to my dreams. I wish all of us tons of luck cause we call deserve this prize!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #143  
Cardstock Collector

Mine!!! Mine!!!! alllllll Mine! I know the scrapbox gods are looking over me, "yes, you 're the one" now I will click my heels together three times and say," my new scrapbox is at home there no place my like place", then I will open my eyes and there it is. All of my "Big Girl Toys" have a place to call home. No more shoeboxes, plastic storage boxes!!
A Scrapbox of my own, Mine, Mine all Mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #144  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuttervilleView Post
My stamping area is my little kitchen table. This means that family meals aren't the same anymore! My son in his high chair and my husband and I on the couch with tv trays :( Some supplies are kept in a plastic 3-drawer rolling storage container that is so heavy its bowing in the middle and I can hardly open the drawers. I'm sure my husband would agree that not only would this keep my growing collection of supplies organized but it bring us all back together for dinner times to!! Good Luck to everyone else worthy (and to me too!).
ROTFL that's our family too!!

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #145  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by eberlinekView Post
I am laughing so hard right now, I'm crying! Thank you for sharing your ...err..."adventure" with this system! I'm sitting here trying to convince my husband I NEED this, and I came across your link. I shared your antics with him and he appreciated your honesty. Not that I DON'T want one, but I know what to expect
Sorry, just now seeing your comment!

Ohmygosh - this really was a nightmare to put together and I AM rather handy at doing these kind of things. All I can say is that I'm still happily married, AND I love using it now!!!

If you win, don't build this with your husband, ok?? Don't build things, remodel or hang wallpaper with ANYONE you truly care about, lol!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #146  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow, what a great giveaway. We are blessed to have such a great site here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #147  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow..... I'm speechless, lol. I'm currently in the family room and can't see the floor :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #148  
Matboard Maniac

My family has banished me five different times to different area of the house. I started out in the den, then the baby room, then the dining room, then the family room, then the unfinished basement. That was okay with me, but my famiy won't come down there--it's creepy...(my house was built in 1790 and you cannot stand upright in the cellar unless you are in between the beams...)
Now I am back upstairs in one of the boys' bedrooms. However, my stuff is in the den, baby room, dining room, family room, cellar, and of course this new room. I really need something to organize my stuff and store it IN ONE SPOT.
Help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I wrote my story in a thread

I hope I did it correctly! I don't know whereor how to link it here so here is a link to it: If I need to do something different please let me know I will add pictures to my thread as soon as I can!!!
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Kids themed holiday swap
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...1#post14558430
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #150  
Insane Embellisher

Talking You Are Invited...

This is a wonderful contest, and you are all invited to come over the HoJo's (Holly) thread in which she nominated her parents to win the ScrapBox. I know you all want it for yourselves, but how selfless of a daughter to nominate her parents?! NO, I do not know Holly or her parents, but her thread touched me, and it will touch you too if you take a minute to come over and browse through it. And once you're over there, please take a minute and leave a comment for Holly. Here's the link: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #151  
Rubber Obsessor

Good luck everyone!!!
I do wish everyone could win. Well, everyone except the people who are being negative.

Judges,
I do hope you are reading this message because it is 100% serious! There have been negative comments made on posts and in private messages, and I am not referring to ones that are teasing in nature. I have participated in the teasing, but I have made sure that the thread starter knows that I am kidding, plus the words I say are not hurtful or accusatory.
The negative comments I am referring to are so hurtful that I am disgusted. I am upset that these people are allowed to continue in this contest. I am disgusted that these people would say things they have said.
Another problem I have seen is people lying or perhaps I should just say plagiarizing. I came across a post, with the help of a friend, that had copied word for word some of my post WITHOUT QUOTING. My words were being used as her own. It is hurtful to me because I live with Multiple Sclerosis every day of my life. The electrical shocks in my leg and burning, stinging, and pain cover my entire body. For someone to FALSELY imply that they have my experiences upsets me to no end.
I pray for the everyone in this contest that they will not be hurt by people like this. I pray too that those people, who are being hurtful, will stop and apologize.
I want to win this Workbox, I am sure as much as everyone else wants to, so I have had fun playing this contest in a fair and fun manner.
I am most thankful that I haven't had any hurtful or rude posts on my thread, although people that I consider my friends now have.

To everyone who has been or is being hurtful out there,
please stop and consider the point of the contest. We all need organization storage, help cleaning and organizing, and the Workbox is ideal for this purpose bu providing so many space for storage and a nice clean space. Do not judge people for the state of their messes or having a disability or for anything that you know nothing about! We all spend less time organizing and cleaning our craft space than any other area of the house, and if I or anyone else has a disability, it is not for you to judge and say that it is NOT BAD ENOUGH!!!! The only people that can judge are the judges, and they are just picking someone to win!!!

Thank you to my new friends for making the contest fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #152  
Cardstock Collector

OMG! I LOVE the "Outlander" series! Nice to know there are some Jamie and Claire fans out there. My DH thinks I'm a little nuts.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #153  
Compulsive Stamper

I'll give you my recycled junk yard stuff and you can fix the basement up really nice. Then I can put that exquisite piece of furniture on some really nice carpet in my "then" cleaned up craft room. LOL...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

I would like to say that I don't have the room, that I don't have things to use to organize, that I am squeezed into the corner of the pantry and we run extension cords to reach the power outlet so I can operate my heat gun...but alas that is not the case...I have a whole bedroom at my disposal right now...however that is going to change soon as we are giving the bedroom over to be a...wait for it....a BEDROOM!!! :shock: What the !!!!! I know! Weird...right?? ;)

I will be moving all of my stamp stuff down to the family room...all of it...gulp...:twisted: and boy...there is a lot of stuff! Volunteers with good backs wanted!!! Would this wonderful, miraculous piece of functional furniture make this transition a dream??!! HECK YES!!!! :-D Even now, to be able to put my hand out and find a particular punch, ribbon or ink pad...OY! HEAVEN!!

Help my move to the family room easier...help my creativity blossom with organization!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for the opportunity to possibly win something so spectacular! My inky heart beats Stazon ink thinking of the possibility of being able to find my Stazon ink pad (thank you Stuffie for giving it to me) and being able to put my inky paws on some embellies I know are in there...I just haven't seen them for a while!

Time to go get inky! Good luck choosing a winner here gals! I don't envy you that one!!

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
-- Diane Ackerman"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #155  
Compulsive Stamper

Ooh, good! I will say I can't ever find my stuff, either. It's heck trying to remember where you put this or that. I don't use a lot of my stuff because of that. BUT.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH! You don't get it, my pretty! I really, really need this. Never won ANYTHING in my life...and not for lack of trying. Sorry! I will pass along MY current, wonderful organizers to you...ha,ha. Seriously, though....Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #156  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativepzazzView Post
Good luck everyone!!!
I do wish everyone could win. Well, everyone except the people who are being negative.

Judges,
I do hope you are reading this message because it is 100% serious! There have been negative comments made on posts and in private messages, and I am not referring to ones that are teasing in nature. I have participated in the teasing, but I have made sure that the thread starter knows that I am kidding, plus the words I say are not hurtful or accusatory.
The negative comments I am referring to are so hurtful that I am disgusted. I am upset that these people are allowed to continue in this contest. I am disgusted that these people would say things they have said.
Another problem I have seen is people lying or perhaps I should just say plagiarizing. I came across a post, with the help of a friend, that had copied word for word some of my post WITHOUT QUOTING. My words were being used as her own. It is hurtful to me because I live with Multiple Sclerosis every day of my life. The electrical shocks in my leg and burning, stinging, and pain cover my entire body. For someone to FALSELY imply that they have my experiences upsets me to no end.
I pray for the everyone in this contest that they will not be hurt by people like this. I pray too that those people, who are being hurtful, will stop and apologize.
I want to win this Workbox, I am sure as much as everyone else wants to, so I have had fun playing this contest in a fair and fun manner.
I am most thankful that I haven't had any hurtful or rude posts on my thread, although people that I consider my friends now have.

To everyone who has been or is being hurtful out there,
please stop and consider the point of the contest. We all need organization storage, help cleaning and organizing, and the Workbox is ideal for this purpose bu providing so many space for storage and a nice clean space. Do not judge people for the state of their messes or having a disability or for anything that you know nothing about! We all spend less time organizing and cleaning our craft space than any other area of the house, and if I or anyone else has a disability, it is not for you to judge and say that it is NOT BAD ENOUGH!!!! The only people that can judge are the judges, and they are just picking someone to win!!!

Thank you to my new friends for making the contest fun.
WOW, who is being negative? I must have missed these comments...it sounds like EVERYONE wants this wonderful organizational system...? I don't need it... and hope whoever wins - the BEST to them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #157  
Insane Embellisher

Creativepzazz -- Please report negative comments or posts to the moderators. They can't do anything about it unless someone tells them, and they are very serious about keeping SCS a fun and encouraging site for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #158  
Compulsive Stamper

YOU DESERVE IT! At least I have a room......I can make do with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #159  
Cardstock Collector

I can't figure out how to post a picture of my closet so you need to use your imagination...... my closet is 3' 7" deep by 4' 11". It contains all my crafting treasures, quilting, stamping, needle work plus winter coats, the "extra special toys" that grandchildren can play with when they are "super-hooper" good, the vacuum cleaner and the carpet cleaner. To reach my stamping treasures I must move the cleaners, toys, quilting supplies and winter coats, then I rummage through boxes to get the treasures I want to use. After I make the cards I get to put my treasures away in the boxes, and restack the closet so that when you open the door there isn't a fatality. You ask yourself "why the quilting is in front of the stamping?" the answer is... because that's how the boxes fit into the closet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #160  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My works space is crying the blues. I need a room full of Workboxes and then I might just win a Stampin Up Contest one month. To be organized or not to be, that is the difference in SUCCESS! The Workbox looks like the ultimate organized work space and I can see myself working from one....Pick Me!
Jean Crocker
Reply With Quote Likes