Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 295 Likes on 115 Posts
Default The Queen of Cheap Gets Organized

I just reorganized my creative space and posted about it on my blog, There are cheap/free storage solutions, as well as ideas for renters that can't put holes in their walls. I've attached a pic of my favorite part - just thought I'd share...
Attached Thumbnails
The Queen of Cheap Gets Organized-dscf3087-small-.jpg  

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is seriously cool. Brilliant! xxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Gregzgurl,

Love your stampin/creating setup. The 2" curtain rod idea, for punches, is fab. I don't have any wallspace left so mine are in drawers but, had I the space, it'd be my first choice. I DO have a binder with sheets showing my punches 'shapes' for reference but I like the idea of being able to see the punches. Ah well ... can't have everything ... hmmm, why not?

LOVE the 'Absorber' tip. Going to get to WalMart and buy me one of those. TFS. Right now, I use a CD case, opened up and laying flat, with one of those 'hairy', rectangular pads that one puts on the tool for 'edging' when painting a wall. Not sure what they're called. It works ok but I am in the mood for a change. ;o)

Anyway, great tips. I'll keep check on your blog for more 'pension saving' tips and ideas.

Alicesue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

You are not only the queen of cheap, but you are the queen of clean! My room is pretty organized but I can't keep it picked up, any tips? (Besides having someone else do it for me, I've tried but for some reason no one in my family wants to be my maid.) I either need to figure out a way to become more organized or I need a bigger space. Please, any advice?

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the feedback! Two things come to mind here: As far as space for the curtain rods: In my apartment (not my current house) I had them mounted on the wall behind where the door swung open. Can't do that here because I don't have the clearance, but if I had one more measly little inch, I could've. You might want to check out that possibility...

As far as keeping things clean: The ONLY way I've ever been successful at that is to have "a place for everything", and the place has to be EASY! That's what inspired this re-org - my previous storage plan wasn't working!

General organizing tips:
  • I sort all embellishments by color and keep them in drawers that way. You can see what I mean HERE. Since that post, I've moved the small boxes into those plastic drawer things instead of the "suitcase" thing they came in. Ribbon wound on clothespins are in the appropriate color drawers, as well.
  • All stamp sets, ink pads, cardstock, etc., are filed ALPHABETICALLY. I have stuff from a huge variety of companies, so sorting by color group or season or whatever totally won't work for me. If it's alphabetical, I can find anything within seconds!
  • Figure out how your brain works in the creative process and how best to organize things to work with that - what works for me may be totally wrong for you. Do you want to see everything? Hide it when you're not using it? Shelves or drawers?
Pretty much, you know what will work for you, so do that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, I'm inspired that I must think somewhat like you because I too keep my stamps stored alphbetically, and I too have a very big collection. I think you may be the only other stamper I've met who does that. And it's the only way that will work for me. I also keep binders of copies of the stamps and those are also in alphabetical order so I can thumb through the copies easier than looking through actual stamps (or stamps sets). Do you do the binder too?

I'm going to keep following your blog and see what tips I can pick up - thanks for your ideas!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny you should ask... I actually have two binders - one with the stamp sets (alphabetically, lol) and one with stamped images by type, cross-referenced with which set they're from. For example, all the hearts together (see this blog post) Fine minds, and all of that...!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I DID NOT separate the stamps as mentioned in the post. I figured the index would serve the purpose without that extra step, so they're all still in their "happy little families"! Just wanted to clarify...

Reply With Quote Likes