Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you organize word stamps?

I am pulling the word stamps out of my sets and using the scraponizer cases and folders. Just wondering how others have done this? I am thinking of separating distinct themes, such as sympathy, birthday, etc, but not sure how to organize the general ones. I have thought about storing the phrase type stamps together, and the single or one or two word stamps together, possibly by alphabet? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have alot of single stamps organized by category in one layer drawers. I have several drawers of word stamps. I sort mine by birthday, thank you, inspirational, off the wall words sympathy, baby, wedding, words of encouragement etc. I also have 50 SU sets. I've stamped my SU word stamps from the sets on cardstock and cut them into small pieces (I also write on the name of the set it came from). I've placed these stamped words on cs in the appropriate drawer with my other stamps so I don't have look through everyone of my sets. This has saved me alot of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have all my wood block stamps on shelving from organizemore.com. They are grouped by theme-all holidays together, all flowers together, all trees together, all animals together. Any words/sentiments that go with those categories are grouped there as well. My SU sets are on an organizer by themselves in their sets. My clear stamps are in a binder and my cling are in a seperate binder. I do, however, have a catalog of all my stamps and I do have a section with JUST WORDS/SENTIMENTS. If a certain set (ie "Close as a Memory") has words as well as images, I stamp it on a page for the set AND in the WORDS section.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the replys. I already have a binder with stamped images or catalog photos by set. Now that I have separated most of the sentiments, I will also set up stamped sentiments by category in another binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I put my sentiments into groupings of how I use my stamps. Example: Celebrate is with party and invitations so that when I make an invitation all the related stamps are together.

My sentiment categoreis are:

Miss You, Sympathy, Get Well
Thinking of You, Hello
Thank You
Love, marriage, anniversary
Friends
Family, religion, faith
Hope, Dream, Wish
Congrats, good luck, baby
Birthyday
Garden, Nature
Music, Food, Chocolate
Happiness, humor
Celebrate, invitations, party
Misc sets (this is the category well all the words go together or entire sets of little words that I don't want to break apart)
Inspirations (these are generic quotes not related to any other category)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't done this yet- I have all of mine jumbled together. But I think this is a great idea!! So glad you posted this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

hum...food for thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't and that's why I forget what I have!! I'm starting to stamp my sets in a binder but I doubt I'll separate out my sentiments, even tho I have thought about it. I think it would be helpful to put all the sentiments together but I'm hoping if I just get all my sets stamped in the binder it will help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost all of my stamps have been unmounted and are stored in CD cases by sets and or theme. I have left all sentiments in the set they came in. I have an index binder with all of my stamps by set, but I also did a section with just the sentiments.

I bought the 31 binder page dividers and listed each thing I could think of that had possible sentiments. So far I have about 29 sections. Of course I have sections for common things like birthday and sympathy, but I also have sections for the not so common, such as the 4th of July. When I open to the appropriate section, I can see every word or phrase stamp that I have for any occasion. It works really well for me. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

It is always tough to know how to organize---just keep in mind to do what comes natural for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

In additions to the other themes posted I have one that has been a life saver for when in a hurry! It's simply "Quick Cards" this is for words/phrases that work together for outside and inside stamping! Sounds lame, but so often it saves time searching for something in a hurry! Birthdays and holidays are excluded from this theme. Somehow this works in my brain! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by polargirlView Post
I have alot of single stamps organized by category in one layer drawers. I have several drawers of word stamps. I sort mine by birthday, thank you, inspirational, off the wall words sympathy, baby, wedding, words of encouragement etc. I also have 50 SU sets. I've stamped my SU word stamps from the sets on cardstock and cut them into small pieces (I also write on the name of the set it came from). I've placed these stamped words on cs in the appropriate drawer with my other stamps so I don't have look through everyone of my sets. This has saved me alot of time.
Love this idea!!! But I just went through organizing all of my almost 400 sets..... ugh... maybe another day.... or week .... or year?? LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by polargirlView Post
I just love your idea for the words from the SU sets. I have been looking thru all my sets forever trying to remember what words I have. Thanks for the great idea!!
Reply With Quote Likes