Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   Holders For Stickles, Liquid Pearls, etc. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/holders-stickles-liquid-pearls-etc-628186/)

fifiwesfan 02-26-2019 02:47 PM

Holders For Stickles, Liquid Pearls, etc.

Scrapbook.com continues to expand their own product line, this time with some interesting storage containers for stickles, liquid pearls, Nuvo, paints, etc. They store the bottles upside down and come in different sizes:

Scrapbook.com (February 26)

dini 03-05-2019 05:08 AM

I saw these yesterday! Great concept.

pepperann 03-13-2019 09:34 PM

I'm intrigued by them..especially how they stack. I have lots of Nuvo Drops that could benefit by this system.

hrhsassypants 11-19-2019 09:47 AM

I'm new to the forum (hi!) and late to the conversation, but I can say that they work like a charm. I have 9 of them, and they stack beautifully (but no more than 3 high according to them).

gregzgurl 11-19-2019 10:17 AM

They look great and I'm sure they're wonderful, but they lost me on the "if you need a bottle in the bottom unit, simply unstack them to get what you need". Nope - not unstacking, opening one thing to open another or any other thing like that. Impatient? Why yes, yes I am! I was hoping that they would tilt forward or something so you could just pull one out without disturbing the rest - THEN I would be interested! That being said, they are a great concept for those who are not as...cranky?... as me...

On a separate note, welcome hrhsassypants! You're gonna love it here...!

Stampin' Sooz 11-20-2019 04:48 AM

I don't have a picture right at hand, but here's what I did for an inexpensive solution. I found a vintage loaf pan at a thrift shop. It's slightly narrower and almost twice as long as a regular loaf pan - probably made for some specialty bread or pastry, but I digress . . . any container would do. I fit some floral foam into it, pressed the tops of the bottles into the foam to make indentations and now they all stand upright, upside down, ready to go.

fionna51 11-20-2019 05:17 AM

I have seen many, many ideas for storage of Stickles and similar bottles. Here's a smattering of them on a Google search:
storage for stickles - Google Search

Bohodiva 11-30-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfan (Post 21788629)
Scrapbook.com continues to expand their own product line, this time with some interesting storage containers for stickles, liquid pearls, Nuvo, paints, etc. They store the bottles upside down and come in different sizes:

Scrapbook.com (February 26)

I had a set for the 1 and 1/2 oz bottles in my shopping cart, but since I organized my storage drawers I'm going to pass on them for now. ;)

Bohodiva 11-30-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Sooz (Post 21888726)
I don't have a picture right at hand, but here's what I did for an inexpensive solution. I found a vintage loaf pan at a thrift shop. It's slightly narrower and almost twice as long as a regular loaf pan - probably made for some specialty bread or pastry, but I digress . . . any container would do. I fit some floral foam into it, pressed the tops of the bottles into the foam to make indentations and now they all stand upright, upside down, ready to go.

Good job using what you already have on hand.

I've sectioned off my storage drawers for such small products by re-using small packaging boxes, and those storage trays that come in multiples from the dollar store. Similar to those pictured below,
Amazon.com : Simhoo Bamboo Stackable Drawer Organizer and Desk Storage Box/Tray for Office Supplies, Junk, Crafts, Sewing Small Daily Use Articles 5 Boxes Adjustable Organization(1sets) : Office Products

whoistracy 12-18-2019 04:38 AM

I squeezed dots of Nuvo drops on the top of each of the "lids" so that I can store mine upright and not need to spend my crafting budget on storage. Then I can store standing up in any container I can find.

wavejumper 12-21-2019 05:04 AM

LOL Sue I hear you on that. I dont want to pay to have dig through either.

I had the art bins but they take up a LOT of real estate and got rid of them. If you only have enough for one and a big room... but this is something I have them all...so no. And if you have multiple products...like enamel dots
I like the upside down idea. I do this with my ketchup bottle in the fridge to my DH's horror but it is fine. Just done with specialty storage for the most part. Too many expensive fails.

Honestly I just pretty much store them right side up/however they fit and just shake them a couple times to use. If I am getting to the bottom, I tilt them before or during use. Shaking isn't my problem-holding steady is LOL.

I am loving that floral sponge idea though. Clever.

EmptyNestMom 01-07-2020 07:15 PM

I actually bought a few of the ones from scrapbook.com, and yes they work well. I forget who showed the Nuvo bottles, and possibly Stickles being stored in an acrylic nail polish rack, but that was and is for me such a fantastic idea! I snagged two for a deal, one for me and one for my friend. I keep only the colors or types of drops that I use the least in the stacking containers from scrapbook.com now. Moving the top level to get to a color on the bottom level was rather frustrating for me personally, and I love that the new rack I have isn't deep, it goes up high and stores a ton! If I see it I will use it - and if it's in color and a categorical order I'm even more inclined to use it. My brain drives me crazy sometimes, lol...honestly it does. I know there are so many of us that spend time organizing and reorganizing our space and items when what we really want and need to do is use that time to craft!