Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #81  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage

Does any one know where to get the Magpie? Everywhere I've looked says they are out of stock.

Maybe someone wants to sell theirs :eek:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #82  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbearzView Post
Does any one know where to get the Magpie? Everywhere I've looked says they are out of stock.

Unfortunatley, this thread is 2 years old and they were plentiful then. I don't think they are made anymore. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay, but the shipping is horrendous. I found some on there a couple of months ago but couldn't see paying that much to ship them. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilinacrouseView Post
LoL, I wanna know the science as well, I am engineer too (electrical power eng. I am glad I see other engineers being crafty, sometimes it's rare to find )
I believe it has to do with the pressure inside the barrel equalizes when the caps (key - 2 caps) are removed, so it doesn't matter which way they are stored (I'm a manufacturing/industrial engineer ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbearzView Post

Ahhh I believe I have one of these.. I'll send ya a pm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought some plastic downspout and cut it (actually my husband cut it) then glued them together in a stack. I can store a lot of markers by family along with other pens and my favorite stamp pads. It was less than $10 and works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #86  
Rubber Obsessor

My friend stores her copics in pvc pipe...

Lucky's Creations: Copic Marker Holder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #87  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Carpe Diem recently started selling a rack for $42.95 that holds 112 Sketch markers:
Carpe Diem Store - Art,Architecture,Hobby Supply
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #88  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnazzyStamperView Post
I finally found MY perfect solution. I've been working on this for a couple months now....and asking here for ideas....so now that I've found it, I'd like to share....

I started out buying the original style and then branched out into sketch. The barrels are different shapes and lengths so the manufacturers boxes would not work to keep them interspersed.

I like both and wanted them to be stored together. I wanted to be able to put them away and to grab the whole set for a family roadtrip, (i.e. I needed storage with a lid). I wanted my storage to group the like colors together for ease of use with the number system. And I heard that the multiliners and spica should still be horizontal so I put that into the mix....

I found a "basket" in the sewing dept. of Wal-Mart for just under $20. It is fabric, has a solid bottom and a lid that flips up from two sides. And it is just the height of my copics! There were four divided interior pockets that I added chipboard to, dividing each of those sections into four. That gave me 16 spots to keep my markers separated by color. There is a zippered pocket in the lid....that always stays horizontal....a perfect place for my multi-liners and single spica. There are also a couple exterior pockets. I am currently filling less than half the basket so the other side will be used for inks stamps and cardstock pieces. (The space is just shy of a half-sheet of cardstock, my only negative!) OR room to grow into!

There are at least three color combos if solid Navy doesn't suit you. Look closely at the tag for a second one. I don't buy much at the Mart, if possible, but this worked out perfectly for me.

I'm quoting my old post, #17. I just now saw the new portable copic storage available for pre-order. Does anyone else think its similar to my method of carrying them in a sewing basket? ;);) The timing is perfect....I've just started to fill mine up enough that I can't fit the airbrush and memento ink in it anymore....I'm very interested in the new case, but I'm on the fence, I never planned to have ALL the colors, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copcopiccase-2t.jpg   Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-cop_bask_front.jpg   Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-cop_bask_top.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #89  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnazzyStamperView Post
I'm quoting my old post, #17. I just now saw the new portable copic storage available for pre-order. Does anyone else think its similar to my method of carrying them in a sewing basket? ;);) The timing is perfect....I've just started to fill mine up enough that I can't fit the airbrush and memento ink in it anymore....I'm very interested in the new case, but I'm on the fence, I never planned to have ALL the colors, LOL.
That's what gets us all, we never planned on having all the colors. LOL, but then we start using them and the next thing you know, we are well on our way. The new copic bag looks cool, but I am guessing probably pricey. Yours looks just as nice and you can't beat the price you paid. I think you got a good thing going with yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Sort of, but I love the way theirs has little compartments that come out!
I have plastic containers in each section now and can do the same....LOL. Mine is getting awfully crowded....

I'll probably hold out and then after my next batch of markers be wishing I hadn't....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #91  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please, could you tell me where yu got these cubes? they are just what I'm looking for to store my copic markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #92  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamstamperView Post
I use the Spacemaker cubes with the "X" in the middle. I have 2 of these, which I have clipped together. I have divided the markers into 8 colour groups. So far, they seem to be enough to store the Copic Sketch/Original markers that I have.
please, could you tell me where yu got these cubes? they are just what I'm looking for to store my copic markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #93  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by graceforever12View Post
These cubes can be found at most office supply stores such as Staples, Office Max, etc. I have 3 of them for my copics. I am attaching a picture. My daughter and I have accumulated more since she moved them from 2 holders to 3. I like these because it sits on my desk within easy reach and I can see instantly which ones I want.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-holder.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #94  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy LittlerView Post
These cubes can be found at most office supply stores such as Staples, Office Max, etc. I have 3 of them for my copics. I am attaching a picture. My daughter and I have accumulated more since she moved them from 2 holders to 3. I like these because it sits on my desk within easy reach and I can see instantly which ones I want.
thank you so much. I will try but I have not had any luck yet in locating a store that carries them. stamping blessings, fran
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #95  
Embossing Fanatic

I found them at the Container Store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #96  
Insane Embellisher

Not sure if anyone mention this, its made for the copics. If you buy them, they have them made for each type of copic, sketch, ciao, etc. You need to make sure you order the right one. They arent very expensive. I think I might have paid $10 for one. Sketch holds 72. The one for sketch measures about 2 1/2 wide, 13 long, 6 1/4 tall I just love them

Here are pics of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-sketch-storage-1.jpg   Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-sketch-storage-2.jpg   Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-sketch-storage-3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

I store my Copics (Sketch and original) in 6 clear plastic drinking cups that I found at Goodwill for 50 cents each! The cups are on their sides and I stacked them 3 high. I also have on order something like a color cubbie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #98  
Compulsive Stamper

Default New DIY Copic Storage Idea

See my blog for details.

Bobbkat's Hobby Blog: New AMAC Box Copic Storage
[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #99  
Stampin' Fool

I got the new Copic carrying case and I love it. It's a sturdy canvas type fabric over a durable plastic body, with a zipper top. The mesh baskets inside allow you to sort by color groups and give you room to grow. I have all but the florescent colors, so I need the size, and this way I can bring them to a class, cart them in the house to use, etc. It's very portable, and they can't spill! The best price I found was through oozak.com, plus you get great service with them....
You also have room for your color charts, Spica pens, and multiliners. It's perfect.....

I had made a case using the ArtBin case and the light grating, however the case was very heavy with all the markers, and I was concerned about the latches staying closed. I also had problems with some markers not being easy to remove from the grating, and the caps coming off at times..... This case doesn't present any of those issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #100  
Polyshrink Goddess

I made this Copic box a while back. ( I have more markers now) I used 2 sheets of foam core. (Cost= $3.00) Each square is 4"x4". I plan on making a new one using the light grid as the marker dividers.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-storage-markers2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #101  
Inking Addict

Lightbulb Copic Storage...

I've been looking and looking at everyone's Copic Storage systems. Some of the links no longer work, btw. Here's a Copic Storage System that makes a lot of sense to me..

To Cut or Color: Copic Marker Storage
I like that it's portable too, and has a lid. Technically you can store it on it's side too, and grab and go when you are heading to a crop. I think it's just genius!

Also, the Magpie system looks good, as well as the Studio 3 Solutions, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Here's a video to the S3S, if anyone knows where to find these? NEW Updated Copic Marker Storage - YouTube

I can't seem to find the bucket from Target at all....there's way too much there and after 12 pages I gave up. The posted link didn't help at all. :(

Still trying to decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Magpie systems and the SC3 have both been discontinued.

Here is a different method of making the Art Bin Double Deep Satchel case that appears to be a bit sturdier: DeVine Designs By Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got a square basket w/ handles on the sides ay Hobby Lobby for a little over $5 and laid it on its side and it is stiil not full but has nearly 100 in it now and I can easily read the ends:p.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #104  
Inking Addict

I finally found the criss cross cubes that Cindy was talking about. They are fabulous for copic storage. They also allow the pens to lay horizontal which I think keeps them working longer. Here is a description - picture is on Staples website:

Deflecto� Stackable Cubes Desktop Organizers, With X-Divider

Hope this works for you. I really solved my problems w/copic storage!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingRealtorView Post
I've been looking and looking at everyone's Copic Storage systems. Some of the links no longer work, btw. Here's a Copic Storage System that makes a lot of sense to me..

To Cut or Color: Copic Marker Storage
I like that it's portable too, and has a lid. Technically you can store it on it's side too, and grab and go when you are heading to a crop. I think it's just genius!

Also, the Magpie system looks good, as well as the Studio 3 Solutions, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Here's a video to the S3S, if anyone knows where to find these? NEW Updated Copic Marker Storage - YouTube

I can't seem to find the bucket from Target at all....there's way too much there and after 12 pages I gave up. The posted link didn't help at all. :(

Still trying to decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #105  
Compulsive Stamper

For my situation, I got the Oozak one...I have mine atop a Closet Maid cubby which sits on a craft table...when I travel I take out the markers I will use and carry them in a portable container. Worth every penny.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-csv_disp.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #106  
Glitter Queen

Smile Copic Marker Storage

I have purchase the last two new sets of copics which I now have all of the copics since this picture was taken. They all fit as well. But this is how I store my copic sketch markers using the Quikutz tin storage cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-copic-marker-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #107  
Crimping Master

I got a scrapbook tote with two handles from Michaels on clearance, around $10. It is sectioned off into 4 rectangles along the sides and a long, thin rectangle down the middle. It has plenty of room for my markers, pockets on the sides for refills and I store images to color in the middle section.It sits on my desk and I can grab and go whenever I want to take it with me somewhere. I contemplated so many different storage solutions that would have a permanent spot in my craft space, but ultimately, portability was the biggest factor for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #108  
Embossing Fanatic

I just did the artbin storage container with the light grids- oh my! I am in heaven--all my markers in 1 place-- I have both sketch and caios. I like to take mine to crops so having them all in 1 place with a good lid-fabulous! I was using the 36 & 72 marker plastic cases- and while I liked them- I needed several.
This was easy to make! The worst part was cutting the plastic- but even that was easy! I am going to a weekend crop in a few weeks- I will see how it is using this new storage! Thanks so much for all those who shared this solution. Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #109  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally found the Best (for me) Copic Marker and other marker's storage.

I found one like (this on shown in link) and I fit all of my Copic Markers and other's one. In and still have room for more markers.

Walmart.com: InterDesign Blumz Small Basket: Storage & Organization

Since I go to my friends house. and stamps ...I needed to be able to take them with.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #110  
Compulsive Stamper

Just now starting my Copic adventure and have been checking out all these great storage options and simply can't imagine having so many copics that storage becomes an issue...but, I can dream can't I? lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #111  
Matboard Maniac

I use the My Acrylix stamp holder box from Close to my Heart for my Copics - it fits perfectly and it has a closeable lid! It was 12.95.
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-p1020562.jpg   Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-p1020563.jpg  

Last edited by jlzmom; 04-06-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #112  
Compulsive Stamper

Bobbkat's Hobby Blog: New AMAC Box Copic Storage

Here is what I use.
[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool The Container Store Rocks!

A number of years ago, I got one set of these drawers from the Container Store�.my Copics fit perfectly horizontally and I can see the numbers. You get three drawers for $14.99, but this store is always having sales. They fit perfectly on my desktop and there is room on top to stack things . I probably don't need 9 drawers, but there's plenty of room for more Copics!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...20&Ntt=acrylic
Attached Thumbnails
Help! Copic Marker Storage Issues!-p1060106.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #114  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

A few years ago, my husband bought two 36-can cases of Coors Light for a party we were having. They each came with a free soft-side cooler. Two 72-marker storage boxes fit in side-by-side with a 32-marker storage box on the end. I have my markers sorted by number. The boxes are for the original markers, but the sketch and ciao fit in the slots too. I love that I can find whatever marker I want quickly, but the coolers make them portable without concern of spilling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

Are the Color Cubbies no longer available? I was hoping to purchase a couple this year, but the website is gone.
Reply With Quote Likes