Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   FINALIST: RESCUE ME PLEASE MISSION ORGANIZATION (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/finalist-rescue-me-please-mission-organization-461927/)

jilanne 10-02-2009 02:50 PM

FINALIST: RESCUE ME PLEASE MISSION ORGANIZATION

My hubby has lymphedema and has for 10 years a little over a year ago it became worse and the doctors told him he couldn't have his legs in a down- ward position for more than four hours a day! Well his employer decided to give him long-term disability instead of working with him and let him go from his employment of 10 + years. We lost our health insurance and our income! Thankfully we got a one lump sum from the long term disability which paid off our cars and all our debt except for our house. This forced me to have to go to work full - time instead of part -time. To make ends meet until my husband can get his degree so he can get a job doing something he can do sitting!
I had done stamping before but when this happened I started stamping for my stress relief, and sanity. This is when a friend told me about split coast and I became a member and have met some wonderful ladies on here! This is my positive, safe, place in my hectic world. Spending time in my craft room was my highlight in my weeks.
Well the job I got working as a Para educator was only 29 1/2 hours a week so we didn't get heath benefits and with my husband’s medical condition that is a little scary, but fortunately we have not had anything major happen medical wise. Well this spring my position was cut so we lost my permanent income. My daughter who is 20 and was living on her own decided to move back home and pay rent to help us out financially but this meant I lost my craft room! So she would have a room to stay in. We had an office/ storage room my hubby used to do his school work and some of my craft stuff moved in there and my hubby’s school stuff moved into our living room! My stuff wouldn’t all fit in there so I moved some of the stuff to my mom’s house because she had extra room. My son was also gracious enough to let me keep some of my favorite items in his room so I could have some supplies here at home. I also made a spot to store some in the living room under the roll top desk, but then to be able to craft I have a little table I get out to work on it is a little bigger than a TV tray. This works ok but my mom is in a motorized wheelchair and for her to be able to come visit at my house I have to move everything out of the way so she can get around in my living room!
I would love to have this storage unit it would be a huge blessing to our family I have a spot in our living room I could put it. (Where my hubby’s desk is then he could put his stuff back in the office.) I could have all my craft stuff together in one place and not have to move it each time my mom came to visit! My 15 year old son could have his bedroom back to himself. I will add pictures to this as soon as I can to show my several little spots I have to hide my craft items in!

see post # 11 for my creativity!

jilanne 10-04-2009 07:29 PM

Ladies I have made it to the top 10 and I thank you

for your support but ever since I made the finalists there have been 2 ladies really on my mind one didn't make the top 10 the other one did here is what has been on my mind!there have been a couple of people who really touched me by their stories one story I have tried to find now and can't but her little boy had turrets syndrome and watching the video of her son made me cry! the other one that touched me was cmccoy[ who has a daughter with mental illness I think the reason these 2 stories touched me so much is because my son has asphbergers with a learning disability we didn't get a diagonis until he was 8 and we had had to hold him back in school twice but when we were able to find the correct help he has done so well and I know this has been the biggest blessing in my life my son now is a strait A student ( he couldn't even read in 2nd grade) He is athletic and is doing great I want to give these two parents some hope that their children might be able to over come their trials as well as my son has. I can't send both of them the scrap box if I win and I found out after this contest started that it looks very likely I will be moving to Oregon before thanksgiving and I will be in an appartment so the scrapbox would really come in handy but I am trying to come up with some idea of what I can do for these 2 ladies who have a big trial ahead of them!! The one lady I can't even find her story again she didn't make it into the top 10 so if she or anyone who know her could contact me I would really appriciate it I have my thinking cap on as to what I can do for these two special ladies if any of you have ideas please let me knoe!! I am a su demo and I had thought of giving them a gift certificate but I am not sure they need more things when they are trying to win something to organize their current stuff so if anyone has an idea on how I can touch their lives please let me know!!

I would really like to do something to help these ladies weather I win the scrapbox or not I just need an idea on how I can help if anyof you have an idea please let me know!!

Lazorkay 10-05-2009 09:43 AM

Hi Jillanne - you really deserve to have this!

Tamidolphin 10-05-2009 02:14 PM

Jilanne is so deserving of this. She is a wonderful person and could use some "my space" of her own.

karakae 10-05-2009 02:43 PM

You've really been through a lot! I was worried that my story was too depressing, but yours is right up there! I wish there were several Scrapboxes as I read more of these posts!

Scraphappily 10-05-2009 04:02 PM

All I can say is that in the time I have been an online friend of Jilanne she has been unbelievably giving to everyone. She is the first to offer to angel, she is very responsive to everyones needs and is always so worried about others. I think that she is very deserving of such a wonderful gift.............

jilanne 10-05-2009 05:56 PM

thank you ladies for your posts and support

I really appriciate it! I too wish their was more than one to give away! there are many people who I feel are deserving of this!

tmurph36 10-05-2009 06:37 PM

I met Jilanne online and we have become friends.... she is very giving of her time and her talents. She is always giving and I believe she would benefit from having her own space and room for others in her family to get around. Jilanne is a great person and should be considered for this awesome gift.

mahoganygirl 10-06-2009 12:38 PM

Jilanne is never without a kind word....
Your story was very moving...
Z

jilanne 10-06-2009 06:23 PM

thank you ladies for

your wonderful comments!

jilanne 10-07-2009 06:10 PM

my creativity is limited

but my son is very talented at writing poety so he inspired me to try my hand at it !!

SO FOR MY CREATIVITY IN TRYING TO WIN THE WORK BOX I wrote A poem!

it is supossed to be a Acrostic poem but a true Acrostic poem uses the word and then you write something that describes that word that starts with the letter in the word well I did a different twist and I used the word WORK BOX of course!! But instead of writing words the describe the work box for each letter I used words that decribed why the work box is needed by our family! I also added pictures to go with each word I will put links to the pictures on this link after each letter! Each picture I uploaded has a important comment posted about how that picture is associated with the word I used in the poem so PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS WHEN LOOKING AT THE PICTURES IN THE LINKS

W wreckage here is the link to the photo for wreckage //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503751?&cat=500&ppuser=155993

O outrageous here is the link to the photo for outrageous
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503753?&cat=500&ppuser=155993

R remembrance this one has two links her are the 2 links: link # 1
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503756?&cat=500&ppuser=155993 link # 2 //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503761?&cat=500&ppuser=155993

K kindness here is the link to the picture for Kindness
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503833?&cat=500&ppuser=155993

B Blessing here is a link for my photo for blessing //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503773?&cat=500&ppuser=155993
O obstacle her is the link for my picture for obstacle //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1503791?&cat=500&ppuser=155993
X xanthip-pe ( which means ill tempered wife) this was a hard one to come up with!! My hubby doesn't like it when I am that way so here is the link for my my picture for xanthip-pe this picture is actually of my wonderful hubby to tries hard to keep me from being Xanthip -pe. here is the link
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1504254?&cat=500&ppuser=155993

I hope you enjoy my pictures and my attempt at an acrostic poem!

Lazorkay 10-08-2009 02:45 AM

Jilanne - love your idea with the poem! You so need this "BOX"

If you do win - you need to post pictures - AFTER you get everthing put in it :)

jilanne 10-08-2009 07:31 AM

I will post pictures

if I win!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazorkay (Post 15299746)
Jilanne - love your idea with the poem! You so need this "BOX"

If you do win - you need to post pictures - AFTER you get everthing put in it :)

Sandi*S 10-08-2009 07:45 AM

10/8

OMGosh!!!

This poem is fantastic!! Very creative!! I definitely vote for you and your family and your sanity!!!

contrapat 10-08-2009 05:57 PM

Jilanne is the most giving hostess I've ever done swaps with! She has thought up contests, and given prizes, and taken a bunch of individuals and turned them into friends. That's a gift. SCS is lucky Jilanne participates, because she truly makes a difference here. I'm thankful I came across one of her swaps, and that we've become friends. I'd LOVE to see her win this contest- she's had plenty of knocks in her life, and yet, she just keeps on giving back to others. You rock, Jlanne! Hope you win!!!

jilanne 10-09-2009 07:51 AM

ladies I want to thank you all for

your support I hope my poem with pictures is enough to get me in the finales but your love and support is appriciated even if I don't get into the finales!!!
thank again you are all wonderful friends!!

contrapat 10-09-2009 11:11 AM

JILANNE!

WHAT A GREAT POEM!!!

I'M ROOTING FOR YOU, GIRLFRIEND- YOU'VE FACED ADVERSITY, AND STILL DEALT WITH LIFE WITH GRACE AND GENEROSITY. YOU'RE ALREADY A WINNER IN MY BOOK!!!

thumbunny 10-09-2009 06:52 PM

Jilanne,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!

jilanne 10-09-2009 09:48 PM

my answers

I craft for many reasons but probably the biggest reason is because it relaxes and calms me! I also get a lot of satisfaction from seeing a completed project! crafting is very therapeutic for me!

I do many different things with my completed handcrafted projects: I substitute teach so I make gifts to give all the teachers I substitute for! My grandma sends over 200 card a year to family for birthdays and anniversaries so I make cards for her I also like to make cards for the troops I do this through wish rack but I don't really do it for the wishes because I have trouble knowing what to wish for but I do it because I feel sending cards to the troops is a very small thing I can do to show my support for them! I really like to scrapbook our families memories and have 4 different scrapbooks I need to finish! the scrapbooks I either give to family members or we keep them! I also have done swaps and made projects for those.

I feel the biggest impact my crafts have had on me is it gives me something positive and fun to do while also being productive!
I feel the biggest impact it has had on my family is they have noticed I am happier when I do crafting but I also scrapbook for them. I made a special scrapbook for my hubby one Christmas that was our walk to remember and I gave him a scrapbook page every day for 16 days of Christmas instead of the 12 days because we had been married 16 years! I scrapbook my son's scouts and for Christmas one year I scrapbooked my daughter's life from a baby through graduation. I don't know who it touched more my mom or my daughter when my mom looked at it she cried !! I have also scrapbooked for my mom. I did a memory book of my grandma with her story in it before she passed away! I also made a memory quote book for my dad of quotes from his dad after my grandpa passed away. Scrapbooking is the one thing I really miss now that I don't have a craft room. I haven't been able to scrapbook and not only am I getting behind but I really miss it!
I think the biggest impact my crafting has had on others is I hope I am able to bring a little joy to people when I give my crafts to others like the cards for the troops and to the students who graduate from 8th grade special ed class! last year I decorated candy for halloween and the kids really seemed to enjoy something a little different!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunny (Post 15319317)
Jilanne,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!

stampinorah 10-09-2009 11:26 PM

SOUNDS LIKE A L L UR PLATES ARE F U L L !
I M PRAYING U'LL GET IT!
TOO BAD U DON'T HAVE A BASEMENT, GARAGE, OR ATTIC !
I'M LUCKY I USE MY "FORMAL" DINING ROOM CAUSE IT'S AT FRONT OF MY MOBIL WITH LARGER WINDOWS AND LOTS OF SONSHINE......BIG BUILT-IN STORAGE BUFFET. I'M
IN A WHEELCHAIR DUE TO BEING A LEFT BELOW KNEE AMPUTEE SO I HAD TO HAVE ROOM TO MOVE AROUND.
GOOD LUCK!

jilanne 10-10-2009 08:56 AM

thank you for your support

I am glad you have such a nice place to be able to craft!! My mom is in a wheelchair because of bad knees. She has anelectrical wheel chair and I hope you do too even with an electric wheel chair it can be confining! we just baught a handicap ramp so my mom could get in my house it is so nice she can now come to my house I still go to hers mostly but it is nice she can come to mine!! I wish you the best and thank you very much for your support in this contest!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinorah (Post 15320161)
SOUNDS LIKE A L L UR PLATES ARE F U L L !
I M PRAYING U'LL GET IT!
TOO BAD U DON'T HAVE A BASEMENT, GARAGE, OR ATTIC !
I'M LUCKY I USE MY "FORMAL" DINING ROOM CAUSE IT'S AT FRONT OF MY MOBIL WITH LARGER WINDOWS AND LOTS OF SONSHINE......BIG BUILT-IN STORAGE BUFFET. I'M
IN A WHEELCHAIR DUE TO BEING A LEFT BELOW KNEE AMPUTEE SO I HAD TO HAVE ROOM TO MOVE AROUND.
GOOD LUCK!

contrapat 10-10-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbunny (Post 15319317)
Jilanne,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft

Just from a friend's viewpoint- Jilanne's crafting brought us together as friends, and I know there are others on SCS who feel this way too. She really went beyond the call of duty with her stocking swap last year!

jilanne 10-11-2009 03:12 PM

I am getting anxious to find out

Contrapat thank you for your last comment that makes me feel good to know you enjoyed it !!!!who the 10 finalists are I wonder when we will find out!!!

contrapat 10-11-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jilanne (Post 15329127)
Contrapat thank you for your last comment that makes me feel good to know you enjoyed it !!!!who the 10 finalists are I wonder when we will find out!!!

It's my pleasure, ma'am!

jilanne 10-11-2009 08:14 PM

I guess we find out who the 10

finalists are tomorrow around noon!!!

DKayC 10-11-2009 08:15 PM

Jilanne has the most giving and generous heart of anyone I've known among my craft friends. As hostess of some swaps that I've been involved with, she absolutely makes sure that all participants are completely happy with the results of the swap. She makes the swaps fun and goes above and beyond to involve us all in receiving even more opportunity for "extras" all at her expense! If those in her swaps are stiffed by swap buddies, for whatever reason, she sends things on her own to make up for the difference. Others' in her swaps have participated in being great "angels" also! I think Jilanne incites that kind of atmosphere of giving about her and in others!

I only know Jilanne here on Splitcoast Stampers, but her sweet spirit of caring and generosity towards others makes me truly hope that she wins this as she is truly one of the most deserving people I know!!!

I pray that you are blessed every day, Jilanne!!! You give so much to others!!!

Blessings,
Debbie

This is where this goes! :)

contrapat 10-12-2009 10:29 AM

Jilanne!!! You made finalist!!! Congratulations! Now, c'mon stampers, let's vote for someone who deserves to win this!!!

cmccoy 10-12-2009 10:31 AM

Congrats on making it to the Top Ten and Good Luck!!!!!

Lazorkay 10-12-2009 10:43 AM

Jilianne! I am soooooooo happy you have amde it to the final 10!

I have sooo enjoyed being with you in Heidi's swaps!

YOU ROCK GIRL!

paisley_frogs 10-12-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraphappily (Post 15278768)
All I can say is that in the time I have been an online friend of Jilanne she has been unbelievably giving to everyone. She is the first to offer to angel, she is very responsive to everyones needs and is always so worried about others. I think that she is very deserving of such a wonderful gift.............

Heidi-I totally agree with you, I am quoting since I couldn't say it any better- I don't need to read any more stories I am going to vote for Jilanne right now...

cedargirl 10-12-2009 10:55 AM

Jilanne, congratulations on making the final and I do wish you the very best. I hope you have been able to record some of you lifestory in a scrapbook because it's a gooder! It is clear that your friends online are as dear as those you get to have a cup of coffee with. What a testament to you and it mush make you smile because it sure made me heart smile. Gook luck to you!

jilanne 10-12-2009 11:39 AM

thank you all for your support

and love just the love and support makes this a great monday !!

contrapat 10-12-2009 11:43 AM

And ladies (and any gentlemen) let's campaign a little, that's how one wins elections. I've visited all my regular threads and posted a link to the vote and asked for support. How about some of you doing likewise? I believe Jilanne deserves to win, and I'm willing to put in a little time telling the (SCS) world about it!

contrapat 10-12-2009 12:25 PM

I'm REALLY hoping we can get the vote out for Jilanne!

cher2008 10-12-2009 01:20 PM

Oh hun I hope and pray you get this, you sooooo deserve it, I feel sooo bad!!! Im off to vote now!!!! God bless you and your hubby!!!! Hugs to you!
Cheryl Walker

Karen Jo 10-12-2009 01:39 PM

Congrats on making the final 10! Best of luck!!

jenndspencer 10-12-2009 02:22 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you Jilanne, but your friends speak so highly of you, and are so dedicated to you with their campaigning, I had to come check out your story. I am casting my vote for you. Good luck. I hope you win!

FLScrapHappy 10-12-2009 02:55 PM

You got my vote Jilanne! Haven't seen you around the swaps lately, but maybe with this cool thing you will be again!

jilanne 10-12-2009 04:11 PM

thank you for your support

I want to thank you all for your support I have had so many support me in so many different ways this is has really touched me even if I don't win just being in the top 10 and having so many people pulling for me really makes my day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencer (Post 15336782)
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you Jilanne, but your friends speak so highly of you, and are so dedicated to you with their campaigning, I had to come check out your story. I am casting my vote for you. Good luck. I hope you win!

ronnicole2001 10-12-2009 04:17 PM

Jilanne, I just went over and voted for you, I hope you get it!