Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default {My} Space....the final frontier

Stardate 2009, Captains log: While rummaging through the galaxy of scrap supplies that I forgot I even had, I came across this article about an organizer than would completely change my future craftmaking destiny...

I need this most delicious organizer in my life because..... I started out with a few things a few years ago, and over time I have been collected more and more and more...paper, stamp sets, buttons, inks in all shapes and sizes, punches, adhesives, ribbon, not to mention piles and piles of papers. Oh, how I love dsp. In my living room dwells all my most prized posessions of stamping/scrapbooking. Right on the desk where I have to share "my space" with my husband and any other who happens in our home and wants to look stuff up on line. That includes looking at my projects in progress. I have no privacy whats-so-ever. I feel like I am living in a fish bowl and that is not conducive to creating, let me tell you.

My daughter and my grandson moved in for a time, and my grandson, two at the time, decided he liked the plastic storage device with all my stackable inks. he also liked the inks, that he mixed with the ribbon. So inks got recolored a nice mixture and the ribbon, well, the ribbon is pretty much unsalvageable. Okay, I still kept it, but cannot use it. If I had a closed off organizer space, that would not happen.

If I had this wonderful organizer, I could set up my space and it would only be mine. Mine all mine I tell you {insert evil laughter} I could work and creat on anything without fearing others peeking, and commenting like, "you're starting to get really good at this." I would no longer have to fear the cereal bowl or coffee cup in the morning ruining my latest and greatest project sitting out in progress or waiting to dry. Not to mention my black MM mat, it is used as a coaster, placemat, etc. Everything gets set on this and no matter how many times I try to explain it is permiable and I put paper on it to cut, creat, etc, it is still used and I must be careful about what I put down it.....sometimes my latest projects collect grease stains....grrrrr.

The first thing you see when you open the door is my desk and all the clutter around it. I have a roll plastic storage container with drawers sitting by the desk on one side, piled high with stamp sets, paper, dsp, etc. In front of that, I have my roll tote that I cannot use to go to scrap events because it is used to organize my nesties, cuttlebug folders, and big shot dies. I have six box like containers on the other side of the desk with various supplies and more stamp sets, paper, etc. I have a puncher organizer on top of those with a big basket piled high with single rubber stamps, and next to it is my beloved big shot. I have a new unused (no space) small cricut in a box behind these boxes. Next to the plastic roller I have a book shelf in which I have one row of of stamps in clamshells, and the next row is my dsp. The top three rows are for books, etc. The desk has two open shelves in which I have my scrapbooks, paper, and odds and ends. Under my desk I have three plastic containers: 1 to attempt to organize my brads, eyelets, etc. 2 for dsp that I have set aside for various projects 3. for all the stickes I have collected. And a small suitcase for my scraps, as well as a small waste paper basket. That leaves very little leg room and these are always being moved. Next to my chair is my carry tote that sits on the floor and is constantely being knocked over. It hold my cutter and my scissors, as well as adhesives, etc. The top of the desk is a shambles that I really try hard to keep organized so I have some working space. Behind my computer screen is a scissor catty, my primas in plastic and bottles, shoving forward is single stamps that will not fit in the overflowing basket, my dew drops, smooch bottles, measuring tape, black ink, and on the other side is two pen holders in which I keep extra scissors, stipples, etc. Then there is my ink pad holder against the wall filled with ink pads, with ink pads in front and off to the side, and then containers of buttons.

If I had this organizer, I would have a good reason to claim the front room in which no one dwells. I have a big shelf in there filled with clamshells of stamp sets that sometimes seem too overwhelming to get to. I could use all that space to organize my things and have things left the way I left them and not risk them being moved, commented on, or spilled on. I would finally have my own space, and that would be a first for me. My final frontier, my destiny.

Thanks for your concideration

Holly

Last edited by KopyKat; 10-05-2009 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: adding more information
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning bump for Holly! way to go Sista!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes