Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
There are three C-lin job ticket holds on Amazon; this is the only one with 50:
https://www.amazon.com/C-Line-Ticket...ticket+holders
I see on Amazon that these 9x12 Job Ticket Holders come in top opening and side opening. I wonder if it would be easier to get the paper in and out if one used the side opening style? You would still cut off the part where the hole is.

Carolyn W

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

BTW, I just got an email from scrapbook.com - they're having a 20-40% sale on organizational supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I leave paper full size.

I don't cut 12x12 paper until I have a specific project in mind. Many of the things I create require the full sheet of paper and cutting them down for storage would render the paper unusable. But if you only make cards, perhaps it's handier to have the paper already cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I don't cut mine down, even though I don't scrapbook. I do make 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 cards, though, so if I had to, I would cut them to11 x 12 or 11x 11. I store them in accordian file folders in a drawer. I have them divided by color as much as possible and then by season/holiday, if they are specific. Then I have a small "multicolor" section.
Attached Thumbnails
To Cut or Not to Cut; That is the Question-bottom-drawer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a card-maker, so any 12x12 patterned paper sheet I have gets cut down to 6x6. If I have a whole set of identical 12x12, I cut down a couple and leave the rest in a shallow slide-out bin that sits under my bed. I found some great deals on Amazon, for example, and bought a few 25-sheet packs that I'm keeping in 12x12.

I do occasionally make boxes, as well, but they're treat boxes and never larger than 6" on any side. So, I didn't feel the need to keep the paper intact for that.

I've actually gone a step further with my 6x6 paper recently and cut it down to 4x5�" and a 2x6" strip. I matted the large rectangle onto a card base, so I have easy starters for when I make cards. It was a pretty massive job and took a lot of adhesive, but it felt productive and got me out of that zone where I just didn't use paper because I hated cutting into it.

I didn't cut up all of my paper pads, but the majority is done. I've left some of the newest pads I got and a couple of basics in 6x6 format. The rest is all trimmed down and either added to card bases or ready to be added.

What really got me over the whole hurdle of being afraid to cut down paper (you know, in case I needed it later) was spending a little time going over how I used my supplies. The times I actually needed the larger size or a whole sheet of 6x6 were very few and far between. I mean, I went over my projects and cards over the entire year and could count the number of times I needed that 6x6 or 12x12 on one hand. So, why did I still keep things for "just in case"?

Instead, I just gave myself mental permission to go shopping if I need a large paper or a special paper pad for a specific project. And so far, I really haven't needed to.

So, my advice is to just figure out what you need the most often and trim your paper for that. Leave a few sheets intact as a buffer if you're nervous, but trim the rest. That way, when you sit down to create, you're more efficient and focusing on design rather than deciding if you want to use that pretty paper or save it for a rainy day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedieView Post
I don't cut 12x12 paper until I have a specific project in mind. Many of the things I create require the full sheet of paper and cutting them down for storage would render the paper unusable. But if you only make cards, perhaps it's handier to have the paper already cut.
I make other things besides cards, just find the 12x12 cumbersome, so I often bypass it. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 01:59 PM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

Default parkin

I am a cardmaker. Most of my patterned paper is in 12x12 books. After cutting an 8x8 square to make an envelope, I'm left with a 4x12 and 4x8 pieces, perfect for layering, outlining and layering sentiments, etc. Cardstock is kept in what used to be stacked employee mailboxes in the office where I worked. Stamp pads live in a wooden rack my dad made for his grandkids cassette tapes back in the day. The flip-up ones fit perfectly, the "new" SU pads do not, but I own only one of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 11:27 PM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

Craft Vulture! Love that visual!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't cut mine down but if I did, it would be into 6x6" pieces. I like my 12x12" paper for making 3-D items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #50  
Glitter Queen

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Massive Index Project

I must tell you, Sue, that your filing system for paper is outstanding!! Will be working in my room a lot now that I see and will copy your system...very helpful. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 04:56 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
SO worth it for me!! It's easy to just flip through the files and see what papers I have. And when I want some I just grab -- one sheet or the whole pack -- instead of pulling out a holder and then taking out the paper.

Oh and I forgot to add, it's doing a pretty good job of limiting my 12x12 paper stash -- it's just about full now so I am >trying< to use some up before I buy more...
I do what you do with my stamps - if they don't fit into the bins I have, I have to pull some. I wonder if I'll stick with that rule...: )

If I get it cart, it will be that one, but I prefer not having another rolling cart. (I have a Raskog now.) It does seem the best choice if I don't cut. I looked at the 12x12 paper holders at Michaels, and they're huge, and would be too tall to leaf through if I put them on top of my Expedit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post
I am a card-maker, so any 12x12 patterned paper sheet I have gets cut down to 6x6. If I have a whole set of identical 12x12, I cut down a couple and leave the rest in a shallow slide-out bin that sits under my bed. I found some great deals on Amazon, for example, and bought a few 25-sheet packs that I'm keeping in 12x12.

I do occasionally make boxes, as well, but they're treat boxes and never larger than 6" on any side. So, I didn't feel the need to keep the paper intact for that.

I've actually gone a step further with my 6x6 paper recently and cut it down to 4x5�" and a 2x6" strip. I matted the large rectangle onto a card base, so I have easy starters for when I make cards. It was a pretty massive job and took a lot of adhesive, but it felt productive and got me out of that zone where I just didn't use paper because I hated cutting into it.

I didn't cut up all of my paper pads, but the majority is done. I've left some of the newest pads I got and a couple of basics in 6x6 format. The rest is all trimmed down and either added to card bases or ready to be added.

What really got me over the whole hurdle of being afraid to cut down paper (you know, in case I needed it later) was spending a little time going over how I used my supplies. The times I actually needed the larger size or a whole sheet of 6x6 were very few and far between. I mean, I went over my projects and cards over the entire year and could count the number of times I needed that 6x6 or 12x12 on one hand. So, why did I still keep things for "just in case"?

Instead, I just gave myself mental permission to go shopping if I need a large paper or a special paper pad for a specific project. And so far, I really haven't needed to.

So, my advice is to just figure out what you need the most often and trim your paper for that. Leave a few sheets intact as a buffer if you're nervous, but trim the rest. That way, when you sit down to create, you're more efficient and focusing on design rather than deciding if you want to use that pretty paper or save it for a rainy day.
I've read your post several times, Elle. (I was at a Stamp & Scrapbook Expo the last three days, both volunteering (though they pay you!) and going to classes, plus shopping, of course, hence my late response.)

You said, "What really got me over the whole hurdle of being afraid to cut down paper (you know, in case I needed it later) was spending a little time going over how I used my supplies."

That's the two-pronged crux of it. I'm also new to paper crafts, and still figuring out my path. I was sure I wouldn't make cards but am. I thought I'd do Rolodex art but don't. I thought I'd make boxes and mini-books, and am. I didn't know I'd be a Gelli Plate addict. And so on through the list.

So maybe I'll get that 12x12 cart so while I figure it out, at least I'll have a comfortable way to look through the papers. I bought a bunch more at the Expo - with multiples of pieces I loved. : )

Thank you.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Beth-
I'm totally with you! I've still got oodles of things to sort through and figure out the best way to use. Like all the paint and supplies I bought specifically for art journaling, only to find myself not using them because my work-space is limited and has to stay clean...

But one little organizing step at a time, and I'm sure I'll get to a crafty stash that's both fun to use and easy to manage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Yes you will, Elle. Maybe me too. But gee, stamps were so easy. They lulled me into a false sense of calm. ; )

I bought 24 single sheets of 12x12 at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo this weekend and ordered more - dups of ones I love. They'll fit into the Cropper Hopper holders I have. I'll have to see if the holders can be turned so I can leaf from the top rather than the side. (I strained my hip/back and can't go upstairs to see just yet.)

One of the classes I took at the Expo was for a book. We cut pages from folded 8.5 x 11 heavy duty Kraft paper, but covered the cover and die-cut pieces from 12x12. I'm going to see if all the cuts could have been made from smaller pieces of 12x12 - as if it was from my own stash, pre-cut, in other words. If that makes sense. Not.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-26-2016 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: missed word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinView Post
I am a cardmaker. Most of my patterned paper is in 12x12 books. After cutting an 8x8 square to make an envelope, I'm left with a 4x12 and 4x8 pieces, perfect for layering, outlining and layering sentiments, etc. Cardstock is kept in what used to be stacked employee mailboxes in the office where I worked. Stamp pads live in a wooden rack my dad made for his grandkids cassette tapes back in the day. The flip-up ones fit perfectly, the "new" SU pads do not, but I own only one of those.
Oh, fun about the wooden rack - and the repurposed employee mailboxes! Maybe a photo?

And you make all your own envelopes? I enjoy making them but purchase some to fit A-2s also, from my LSS.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
I just bought this cart from Amazon for $41.84. Haven't received it yet, but I hope it will be helpful. It's a good price. The file folders were a pack of 6 for $17.09 which is very pricey, but if the system helps me get the paper organized, it will be worth it.

Carolyn W
If you've received it and put it together, how do you like it? And are the folders the correct size? Reviews have contained complaints that the listed measurements are incorrect now.

Iris folders are less expensive, but Amazon doesn't seem to have the white ones, which is the ones I'd get. Other places have them - but I'm not 100% sure they fit, since they're made for the Iris boxes.

*** Does anyone with an Advantus cart use the Iris folders? ***

Amazon lists the cart now for $37.32 and free shipping, so no complaints there. And if down the road I decide to cut the 12x12 paper, the loss won't be so terrible. Meanwhile I'll have easy leafy access to my papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't generally cut my 12x12 patterned paper until I need it for something specific. After cutting into it I store the leftovers in this:

Then when I'm ready to start a new project I thumb through the box to try and use up the cut paper first. If I don't find the perfect match I'll hunt through the 4 trays of uncut 12x12 and add my leftovers to the little box that sits on top of my desk.

I do cut most of my 12x12 colored cardstock into 5.5x4.25 size and store it in photo boxes separated by color. These photo boxes live on the pull out desk tray intended for a printer to slide in and out on. The uncut 12x12 patterned paper and cardstock live in Recollections Organizer Cube 4 Shelf units on my desktop.

I don't know how I got into these habits but they work for me now and I can't imagine changing now.

Last edited by mrsclark2001; 06-27-2016 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #58  
Gallery Gazer

VOTE RESULTS
Don't Do it; Don't Cut! 17
Be Brave; Cut! 14

Not really; I made up those numbers. But I purchased the Advantus cart on Ammy for $37.61, free shipping. I lost my nerve and won't cut - for now, until I see how the next months play out. Scraps will go in job ticket holders in the cart.

It will be nice to drag the cart to me, rather than the other way around.

I appreciate everyone's input so much! Thank you. I'm sure I'll come back to re-read.

Now on to how to store cardstock. ; )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
I don't generally cut my 12x12 patterned paper until I need it for something specific. After cutting into it I store the leftovers in this:

Then when I'm ready to start a new project I thumb through the box to try and use up the cut paper first. If I don't find the perfect match I'll hunt through the 4 trays of uncut 12x12 and add my leftovers to the little box that sits on top of my desk.

I do cut most of my 12x12 colored cardstock into 5.5x4.25 size and store it in photo boxes separated by color. These photo boxes live on the pull out desk tray intended for a printer to slide in and out on. The uncut 12x12 patterned paper and cardstock live in Recollections Organizer Cube 4 Shelf units on my desktop.

I don't know how I got into these habits but they work for me now and I can't imagine changing now.
I like your little box solution, and that you start small before hitting the 12x12s. The pieces are all the same size! My scraps are all over the place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #60  
Gallery Gazer

The Advantus cart arrived today, but not the hanging folders. I started putting the cart together, but there are 4 hole choices for the skinny rods that hold the folders. #1 is on the top, #2 on the corner where it curves, #3 below that, and #4 the lowest.

If anyone is near their cart, may I trouble you to look to see which to use? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Two people have told me to use the corner hole (#2), so I'm set. The folders won't be here for a few days (grr), but the cart can be ready for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

I also like to make what I make and don't cut dsp ahead of time!

I like to repurpose and put this item to use for my dsp.

DSP on the top-random order except Christmas is at the back
Second shelf from the top-cards I've made at classes
Third-envelopes
Current SU catalogs

Overspill of dsp to the right on floor!
Attached Thumbnails
To Cut or Not to Cut; That is the Question-image.jpg  

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-03-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's a better picture how it's stacked. That 6x6 paper to the right is a pad from SU and came 6x6. All my dsp is SU!

Easy peasy and it holds up fine this way. I like easy storage. I don't like to fool with lots of in-depth organizing.
Attached Thumbnails
To Cut or Not to Cut; That is the Question-image.jpg  

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-03-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Very nice - I like your cart. And I like the pattern and colors of 12x12 paper in the front. : )

You remind me that I need to have a bin or binder for cards/instructions I make in class or for duplicate cards. Probably a bin.

Some hanging folders arrived today, so I'm set to plop the 12x12 into the cart, though will need more folders, so won't get everything done right away.

I'll either put job ticket holders with scraps in with the 12x12, or if I keep the smaller scraps separate just put a sticky note on 12x12 with an S on it to remind me I have small scraps of it elsewhere.

A work in progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Update: we have lift-off; the cart is put together and papers in it. For now I'm using previously labeled Cropper Hopper plastic dividers to categorize, but will make more categories and add tabs down the road. I'm adding job ticket holders for scraps.

I *really* like the cart. My only wish? That it was a few inches higher. If down the road I decide to cut, I'm sure someone else would love it.

Mostly I wanted to thank everyone who posted and helped me reach a semi-permanent decision, including ideas from the "cut" side of how to manage scraps and more. (I only say "semi permanent" because organizing forever morphs.)

You are a most wonderful group of sharers and carers. <--- period

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #66  
Inking Addict

Quote:

If you've received it and put it together, how do you like it? And are the folders the correct size? Reviews have contained complaints that the listed measurements are incorrect now.

Iris folders are less expensive, but Amazon doesn't seem to have the white ones, which is the ones I'd get. Other places have them - but I'm not 100% sure they fit, since they're made for the Iris boxes.

*** Does anyone with an Advantus cart use the Iris folders? ***

Amazon lists the cart now for $37.32 and free shipping, so no complaints there. And if down the road I decide to cut the 12x12 paper, the loss won't be so terrible. Meanwhile I'll have easy leafy access to my papers.
I'm just today seeing your question. Sorry for the delay. I've received the cart and the folders. Cart is still in the box! Folders seem huge. The distance from hook to hook (where the folder will go over the rods) is a little over 15 inches. Hope this helps.

I see below that you have your cart together and you probably have your paper sorted out and filed. I'm very slow at this sort of thing. Circumstances will not let me get to this project until mid to late July. Sigh.

Carolyn W

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm just today seeing your question. Sorry for the delay. I've received the cart and the folders. Cart is still in the box! Folders seem huge. The distance from hook to hook (where the folder will go over the rods) is a little over 15 inches. Hope this helps.

I see below that you have your cart together and you probably have your paper sorted out and filed. I'm very slow at this sort of thing. Circumstances will not let me get to this project until mid to late July. Sigh.

Carolyn W
Oh, I hope you're okay, Carolyn - that you're very busy rather than something is wrong.

The cart was easy to put together. I watched video that contained some helpful hints, and the paper instructions aren't bad. The folders fit perfectly. The rods to hang them go in the corner holes at the curve. The carts have four (?) sets of holes in case you're hanging data binders. Not everyone uses the carts for 12x12 paper - can you imagine?! ;)

Thank you for posting!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #68  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Oh, I hope you're okay, Carolyn - that you're very busy rather than something is wrong.

The cart was easy to put together. I watched video that contained some helpful hints, and the paper instructions aren't bad. The folders fit perfectly. The rods to hang them go in the corner holes at the curve. The carts have four (?) sets of holes in case you're hanging data binders. Not everyone uses the carts for 12x12 paper - can you imagine?! ;)

Thank you for posting!
Beth
Hi, Beth - I'm fine...just busy. Thank you so much for your concern! I'm so glad the cart went together without trouble and that the folders fit. There's hope for me yet.

Thanks, again.
Carolyn W

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #69  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hi, Beth - I'm fine...just busy. Thank you so much for your concern! I'm so glad the cart went together without trouble and that the folders fit. There's hope for me yet.

Thanks, again.
Carolyn W
Good. I hope it's a worthwhile "busy." You'll really like the cart, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I keep the scraps of my Designer paper paks in an 8.5 by 11 page protector taped on the inside of the paper pak cover, then don't have to look for them. I go there first for the
DSP scraps, then to a full sheet if no scraps, then to my solids "scrap drawer".. File folders by colors in a file drawer in my work space desk. If I am only using solids it is just to my right, and it's great access! Been "collecting" dies of late, ans till working on a filing system for them. Possible using the pocket idea in a Fridg-binz double-still working on space issue. Room is also for sewing and quilting, so the actual card making supplies, and just a "few" (yeah right) rubber stamp sets are encroaching into the fabric space. Always a work in progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #71  
Gallery Gazer

Your page protectors taped to paper packs sounds like a really good solution. I don't have paper packs, or just have the type that come in clear paper. Since I sort papers theme, value, etc., papers that come together may not be kept together. But similar to your system, I use job ticket holders for 8.5x11 scraps, and will add them to the 12x12 cart.

Dies! I use the frig-bin system, just with a different bin. So easy to flip through and grab. I might add a few magnetic sheets just for "annoying" dies that come in multiples - like 6 sizes of rectanges. But in general not, since I heart compact. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #72  
Die Cut Diva

Subscribing =0)
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #73  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Beth, I dont know if this will help, but it might make you laugh-it is Sandy Allnock's famous OWH vid on the subject of scrap wrangling (but also paper organization and pre-cutting)

Also...this lovely lady Krista was featured on OWH for how she uses up a whole. pad of 6 x 6 paper in one sitting to avoid the scrap question. The original vid is gone but she re-did it here:

The best things in life are Pink.: 6x6 Paper Pad Tutorial - Revisited

Maybe these will help you think about whether or not to cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2016, 04:59 AM   #74  
Gallery Gazer

Oh wavejumper, how funny, thank you!! (Good timing on your part.) And she actually had some good suggestions. I had to find her other videos to check out her regular voice. lol

This past June when this thread began feels like a year ago. I have the paper situation pretty set - until I change it again, right?

Bottom line - I'm not cutting the 12x12. For now. Some DSP is pretty on both sides, so I don't know which hanging folder to use. When I have dups I put it in two folders. Otherwise, it may sit in the "to be filed" folder in the front. I pick it up, look at both sides, and put it back. So "to be filed" should be relabeled "can't decide."

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2016, 06:33 AM   #75  
Gallery Gazer

Oh, to clarify, I said it was good timing on your part, Wavejumper, because last night was annoying and tiring, and you injected fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh gosh Beth-I didnt realize this started back in June! I keep forgetting how threads start again.

Well I am glad you laughed-I did about your "cant decide" file! Sandy is a lot of fun to watch because she is very down to earth and likes to laugh.

I find I usually buy paper for a particular side though-what I might call the "dominant" for me side...and that's how that will get filed...otherwise I do what you do-and I split them between catties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #77  
Gallery Gazer

Most patterned paper came from scrapbook subscriber kits, though I don't scrapbook, and while many have a dominant side, as you call it (good word!), a number are flip-a-coin papers. I've been able to buy more of some sheets, but those single sheets that rock on both sides? I really should keep them separate from the To Be Filed file. If I keep it in the front it will be a reminder I should glance through them. Tab to read, "Can't Commit."

OTOH, I don't know what I'm going to do with the pack of 25 of one sheet I found on Amazon after falling in love with it in a kit. I only wanted a few more, but "a few" were nowhere to be found.

(Go Nats!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #78  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so happy when a paper comes in that is a good scale (as much as I have learned, I can still goof), and nice colors and feel...none of which you can really tell online. It is very rare I get one that rocks both sides. But since the place I tend to order from most sells by the 2s, I can always split them.

What are you getting the scrapbook kits that you like so much when you dont scrapbook?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I am so happy when a paper comes in that is a good scale (as much as I have learned, I can still goof), and nice colors and feel...none of which you can really tell online. It is very rare I get one that rocks both sides. But since the place I tend to order from most sells by the 2s, I can always split them.

What are you getting the scrapbook kits that you like so much when you dont scrapbook?
For a time I subscribed to Studio Calico's scrapbook kits. Of their four kit types, the SB one seemed the most versatile and helped me build up a general stash with stamps, cardstock, DSP, embellishments, occasionally ink, paint, etc.

I didn't know exactly what I'd be making. And what I thought I'd make I didn't, and what I was sure I wouldn't like, I did. Do. lol But it was helpful to have a broad array of supplies.

I don't sub since I reluctantly decided I should target what I specifically need. IOW, I didn't need another pack of alphas or more patterned paper. I still purchase from them, did today. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #80  
Gallery Gazer

I guess I should mention the other aspect of subbing to their particular kit was because I liked what I saw as their contemporary aesthetic.
Reply With Quote Likes