In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Storage

I'm always looking for clever and creative ways to store the MOUNTAINS of crafting supplies that I have (and yet still continue to buy). From brads and eyelets to buttons & ribbons, these items seem to take over my space without any real clever way to store them so I can see what I have, and most importantly remember where they are when I need them.

Do you have any interesting items that you have found that aren't necessarily made for craft supply storage, but you've found they work wonderfully for that application? The more economical the better.

TIA
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert
 
peebsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland Mountains
Posts: 7,210
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

For my eyelets and brads, I got these tic-tac like storage containers from W*Mart in the jewelry making section. They were about $4. I like these because not only can I see exactly what I have, but I don't take a chance in spilling them.

For ribbons and other embellishments, I was storing them together with like things (like all the ribbons in one box, etc) but found I had to dig to find what I was looking for. So I recently bought more Iris Cart drawers, which is how I store my loose stamps, ink pads, embossing powders etc, and made a drawer for each color. So one drawer for pink, one for green... Then I put all the embellishments that were that color in that drawer. So now when I'm making a pink card and want a pink ribbon or pink prima or pink bauble, I only have to look in the one drawer and I can find just what I'm looking for. I find I'm using these embellishments so much more now.

For ribbon, I had so much and most of them are small pieces, so it wasn't worth trying to keep them on the spools. Instead I bought some small zip top bags (3 x 4" I think) and put each piece of ribbon in it's own baggie. Then those bags go in the drawer. I got the bags on ebay. They were about $3 for 100.
__________________
Susan
peebsmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
roseolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 767
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I just set up a craft room a few months ago and am still tweaking it. I like your idea of sorting everything by color instead of ribbon here, brads there, etc.. Your right, when you do a pink card you want to see all your pink things. I may do a little rearranging this week.
roseolson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

WOW...awesome ideas there. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peebsmamaView Post
For my eyelets and brads, I got these tic-tac like storage containers from W*Mart in the jewelry making section. They were about $4. I like these because not only can I see exactly what I have, but I don't take a chance in spilling them.

For ribbons and other embellishments, I was storing them together with like things (like all the ribbons in one box, etc) but found I had to dig to find what I was looking for. So I recently bought more Iris Cart drawers, which is how I store my loose stamps, ink pads, embossing powders etc, and made a drawer for each color. So one drawer for pink, one for green... Then I put all the embellishments that were that color in that drawer. So now when I'm making a pink card and want a pink ribbon or pink prima or pink bauble, I only have to look in the one drawer and I can find just what I'm looking for. I find I'm using these embellishments so much more now.

For ribbon, I had so much and most of them are small pieces, so it wasn't worth trying to keep them on the spools. Instead I bought some small zip top bags (3 x 4" I think) and put each piece of ribbon in it's own baggie. Then those bags go in the drawer. I got the bags on ebay. They were about $3 for 100.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva
 
jessicaluvs2stamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamplikecrazy, Minnesota
Posts: 5,447
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have recycled jars for primas and silk flowers, so they're all sorted and organized on a shelf. For small things like brads, eyelets, sequins... I use these clear round divided containers from Gander Mtn. in the fishing area. They work really well for separating colors, they don't get mixed up, and you can see what's inside. Each compartment has it's own flip top lid that snaps shut really well. For ribbons, I have them on dowels on a converted shoe shelf, so they're all right there easy to get to. They do get messy after a while with all the loose ends hanging down, but they're all in one spot. This is all I can think of right now, but hope this helps.
__________________
Jessica -"what could be better than stamps & chocolate?"
My Etsy Shop
My Blog
jessicaluvs2stamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #6  
Crimping Master
 
craftsrlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage

I have the tool organziers that you can get almost anywhere, target , homedepot etc. ...it is a unit with tons of little drawers, I organized mine say red brads in front, red eyelets in the back (little divider)
I think joanns sells them now too. just smaller..you can get I think up to 48 drawers in 1 unit.
I also use embroidery cases for thread..clear or milky cases that have lots of little spaces..can seperate tons of stuff and label the front and stack them on a shelf. I have a bunch of pics of my craft room in my gallery, you may get some ideas from there..
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper
 
stigmom6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Litchfield Park, AZ
Posts: 2,042
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It is a bit pricey but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my "Clip It UP" I have the base in addition to the add on tier. I did a search in the BST forum and found someone who needed to sell theirs at a discount. I use different size jewelry zip lock type baggies to seperate my embellishments by color. Here is a link...

http://www.clipitup.com/
__________________
Patti
stigmom6 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Bump...need more ideas.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
snowcountry311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: beautiful cny
Posts: 84,577
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

my ribbon is stored on 4x4 coasters. i stand these up like books in my drawer. you can see everything at once. of course it is grouped by color. all holidays in the back row.
stampin up ribbon stays right on my work table-in a photo box turned up on its side-easy viewing/access.
i had tired many ways to group my embellishments. the current/best way --i have small clear drawers on a bookcase. in one drawer is all my brads(not SU). each color brad has its own plastic bag. one drawer is plain brads one drawer is shaped brads.
all eyelets are stored the same way. by color in zip loc bags then in one drawer.
prims have their own drawer. as does buttons.
my paper is in 2 3 drawer filing cabinets. by color family. then non stampin up paper sorted by color.
12x12 paper in great hard clear plastic "drawer" type containers-these sit on top of said cabinets
__________________
gayla
snowcountry311 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What awesome ideas. Love the coaster ribbon idea...genious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
my ribbon is stored on 4x4 coasters. i stand these up like books in my drawer. you can see everything at once. of course it is grouped by color. all holidays in the back row.
stampin up ribbon stays right on my work table-in a photo box turned up on its side-easy viewing/access.
i had tired many ways to group my embellishments. the current/best way --i have small clear drawers on a bookcase. in one drawer is all my brads(not SU). each color brad has its own plastic bag. one drawer is plain brads one drawer is shaped brads.
all eyelets are stored the same way. by color in zip loc bags then in one drawer.
prims have their own drawer. as does buttons.
my paper is in 2 3 drawer filing cabinets. by color family. then non stampin up paper sorted by color.
12x12 paper in great hard clear plastic "drawer" type containers-these sit on top of said cabinets
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #11  
Crimping Master
 
Tami Mayberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,374
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

we go through a lot of bacon bits and Frappucinno....both make great containers for storing small embellishments like brads and eyelets. They don't take up a lot of space and you can sort things by color.
__________________


Tami Mayberry is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper
 
GypsyRoseStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Posts: 1,545
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

I look at thrift shops and garage sales like a kid opening a toybox. There are soooo many possibilities out there. Some of my large spools of ribbon are on dowels on a rifle rack. The very small spools fit nicely in some wooden cassette holders. My acrylic blocks, stamp positioner, and card templates are in a large clear acrylic cosmetic organizer. My dies and embossing folders are in an old 8-track storage rack. I currently have more Pampered Chef style lazy Susans than I know what to do with....but I'll come up with something. My rolls of paper are in some tall wired bin on wheels that was perhaps intended for dirty laundry or sports balls. The largest of my paper organizers (used for mounted stamp storage) were probably mail bins at some business. It ain't pretty, but I'm not trying out for the Martha Stewart show (and the rest of the house looks pretty darn neat).
GypsyRoseStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Bwahaha...Martha would faint is she walked into my craft space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I look at thrift shops and garage sales like a kid opening a toybox. There are soooo many possibilities out there. Some of my large spools of ribbon are on dowels on a rifle rack. The very small spools fit nicely in some wooden cassette holders. My acrylic blocks, stamp positioner, and card templates are in a large clear acrylic cosmetic organizer. My dies and embossing folders are in an old 8-track storage rack. I currently have more Pampered Chef style lazy Susans than I know what to do with....but I'll come up with something. My rolls of paper are in some tall wired bin on wheels that was perhaps intended for dirty laundry or sports balls. The largest of my paper organizers (used for mounted stamp storage) were probably mail bins at some business. It ain't pretty, but I'm not trying out for the Martha Stewart show (and the rest of the house looks pretty darn neat).
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I too love the frap bottles as containers. My DH drinks one everyday, so I have an unlimited supply. Mine holds buttons and primas right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tami MayberryView Post
we go through a lot of bacon bits and Frappucinno....both make great containers for storing small embellishments like brads and eyelets. They don't take up a lot of space and you can sort things by color.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector
 
my3girlsksm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have fallen in love with these ribbon holders from organizemore.com
He also has stamp set holders, ink pad holders and other cute ideas.




Ann
Attached Thumbnails
Creative Storage-301_tn.jpg  
my3girlsksm is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
whoistracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hamburg, NY
Posts: 10,416
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I like to keep my supplies in photo-storage boxes. I write on the little label what's in there (ink, brads, adhesives, etc.) and then I can stack them on my shelves. Not too creative, but it works for me.
__________________
Who is Tracy? Blog | IG | YouTube | My SCS Gallery
whoistracy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wow...would I love to have a wall full of these holders!

Quote:

Originally Posted by my3girlsksmView Post
I have fallen in love with these ribbon holders from organizemore.com
He also has stamp set holders, ink pad holders and other cute ideas.




Ann
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It's all about what works for you, right? I love that the photo storage boxes now days are to pretty to begin with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
I like to keep my supplies in photo-storage boxes. I write on the little label what's in there (ink, brads, adhesives, etc.) and then I can stack them on my shelves. Not too creative, but it works for me.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac
 
Kimberly Crawford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IA
Posts: 607
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi Lynn!!
My favorite storage thing is a 2-tiered basket, you know, the ones for putting fruit in. It works perfectly to hold all those adhesives, cleaners, and other things you want on hand all the time, but don't want sitting on your desk. (and its pretty! )
I also use the photo boxes to store lots of stuff. They stack neatly and can be labeled on the front.
Wire shower baskets are perfect for small paper pads, scraps, and card storage.
The other thing I love is baskets and buckets from the $1 spot at Target.
I love this thread-great idea!
__________________
My Blog For the Love of Paper

MFT Design Team
Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Go-To-Gal
Carta Bella Design Team
Maya Road Design Team
Kimberly Crawford is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Those baskets are a wonderful idea...and economical too. A BONUS in my book. Thanks Kimberly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly CrawfordView Post
Hi Lynn!!
My favorite storage thing is a 2-tiered basket, you know, the ones for putting fruit in. It works perfectly to hold all those adhesives, cleaners, and other things you want on hand all the time, but don't want sitting on your desk. (and its pretty! )
I also use the photo boxes to store lots of stuff. They stack neatly and can be labeled on the front.
Wire shower baskets are perfect for small paper pads, scraps, and card storage.
The other thing I love is baskets and buckets from the $1 spot at Target.
I love this thread-great idea!
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #21  
Inking Addict
 
deebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richland, Wa
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have my ribbon wound around wine corks with an applique pin to secure. They are in a few baskets by colors. Friends help donate, even though they think I'm weird.
__________________
My avatar is of our miracle baby Maddie, getting a bath in Grandma's kitchen sink!
deebaby is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert
 
cjbapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,589
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tackleboxes

I love my little tackbox, in fact I was just looking for another matching one.

There are many sizes available...in fact Plano (tackbox manufacturer) started making them in bright colors for craft stores...but I like the red and tan.

Mine has 4 pull-out cases with over a dozen tiny customizable compartments. I took the front panel off, but you can stick it back on if you want to haul it to crops. The 4 compartments on mine are now set up with Hodgepodge in one, colored hardware in another (clips, buttons, wierd things) plain brads in the third and then rhinestone and shaped brads in the 4th. (When the photo was taken I still had a small enough ribbon collection to fit in there!)

I am buying another one to dump all my dew drops in as well as the other odds and ends hardware I have picked up. I don't like having tons of tiny containers around...this is easier and cleaner looking for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Creative Storage-misc-2-.jpg  
__________________
Cher
No longer stamping...on to bigger things.
cjbapp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Not at all, this is a great solution to those tiny bits of ribbon that are left over. I guess I first need to buy more wine, and get busy....lol

Thanks for the creative idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deebabyView Post
I have my ribbon wound around wine corks with an applique pin to secure. They are in a few baskets by colors. Friends help donate, even though they think I'm weird.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What a fabulous tacklebox this is....such nice storage and just goes to show you that the hardware store is the place to look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I love my little tackbox, in fact I was just looking for another matching one.

There are many sizes available...in fact Plano (tackbox manufacturer) started making them in bright colors for craft stores...but I like the red and tan.

Mine has 4 pull-out cases with over a dozen tiny customizable compartments. I took the front panel off, but you can stick it back on if you want to haul it to crops. The 4 compartments on mine are now set up with Hodgepodge in one, colored hardware in another (clips, buttons, wierd things) plain brads in the third and then rhinestone and shaped brads in the 4th. (When the photo was taken I still had a small enough ribbon collection to fit in there!)

I am buying another one to dump all my dew drops in as well as the other odds and ends hardware I have picked up. I don't like having tons of tiny containers around...this is easier and cleaner looking for me.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor
 
pinky83081's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western MA
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Recently I have found Cracker Jars at WM they have several different sizes and start at $2. I use them for chipboard, ribbon, and buttons.
__________________
Visit my Blog! http://pinkinkconcepts.com
pinky83081 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Very clever. I assume that the Cracker Jars are those you have on your blog?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinky83081View Post
Recently I have found Cracker Jars at WM they have several different sizes and start at $2. I use them for chipboard, ribbon, and buttons.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor
 
scrampingram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Loving this thread! Always looking for spaces. Really like organizing embellys by color~I never thot of that!! Ennyhoo, check out the tic tac-like box and the chat was from 2004. Anyone know if this is still available at Wally world??
Thanx much.
scrampingram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I've been looking for these for a long time...they would be so awesome for my copic markers. Be sure to let me know if you find any.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrampingramView Post
Loving this thread! Always looking for spaces. Really like organizing embellys by color~I never thot of that!! Ennyhoo, check out the tic tac-like box and the chat was from 2004. Anyone know if this is still available at Wally world??
Thanx much.
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer
 
nancystamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,673
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tami MayberryView Post
we go through a lot of bacon bits and Frappucinno....both make great containers for storing small embellishments like brads and eyelets. They don't take up a lot of space and you can sort things by color.

I'm going on THAT diet! They do have nice bottles.
__________________
see what nancystamps...
nancystamps is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor
 
scrampingram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Lynn~I am confused (not hard to do) how will you use tic tac box like containers with copics??? Not being a smarty here, just confused....
scrampingram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper
 
stigmom6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Litchfield Park, AZ
Posts: 2,042
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

IF you all have an IKEA close make a trip!! They have many many different types of glass jars. Great for storage, filling with different things or alter for gifts. The price is amazing between $1-$7 maybe not even that much. Go it is so worth it! 90% of my studio came from IKEA. If you are in AZ there is one in Tempe oh how I would love to meet you there. I love to organize, LOVE IT!! Have fun!
__________________
Patti
stigmom6 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector
 
jandbzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I love these ideas that I'm seeing...

I got an over the door towel rack and put it behind my door to hold my ribbons. I just loosened up the bolts and pull the rods out to slide my ribbons spools on. Most spools fit but there are a few that don't quite make it.

For my glitter and embellishments, I got some little magnetic containers off of EBAY and some sheet metal from the hardware store. We painted and stamped the metal and then screwed it into the wall and then I can hang everything on the wall and still be able to see it.

I went to IKEA and got a curtain wire and hung it on the wall above my desk with the curtain hangars and hang my glue/pop dots and inspiration ideas and cards up so that I can see them all the time.

I also got some pegboard and hung behind my desk and got some of the hangars to put on it so I have a roll of paper towels hanging up, my scissors and hole punches fit in some of the holders. I hung towel racks next to my desk to put my larger SU hole punches in by balancing them on the bar.

Hope some of these ideas help...

Have fun!
jandbzmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor
 
BetzW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The old South
Posts: 161
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

walmart does still sell the tic tac containers that ya'll are talking about
__________________
BetzW
BetzW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Oh what enablers you all are...I love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetzWView Post
walmart does still sell the tic tac containers that ya'll are talking about
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #35  
Forum Fanatic
 
stamphappy1650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 9,564
Received 49 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Lynn, since you have a Harbor Freight in St. Louis check out these boxes. They ar 9" x 6" x 2 1/4" H and inside each box is 12 smaller boxex. They run about $6. I store brads, button, glitter, and alot of my other embellsihments like chipboard parts, dominos, etc. They really help me stay organized.


-1_embesslishemnts_by_stamphappy1650 by stamphappy1650 at Splitcoaststampers
Embellishment Storage by stamphappy1650 at Splitcoaststampers
__________________
My Gallery
stamphappy1650 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Lynn in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
Posts: 13,501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Oh my aren't these wonderful. I've never heard of Harbor Freight...but I'm gonna be checking this place out for sure! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Lynn, since you have a Harbor Freight in St. Louis check out these boxes. They ar 9" x 6" x 2 1/4" H and inside each box is 12 smaller boxex. They run about $6. I store brads, button, glitter, and alot of my other embellsihments like chipboard parts, dominos, etc. They really help me stay organized.


-1_embesslishemnts_by_stamphappy1650 by stamphappy1650 at Splitcoaststampers
Embellishment Storage by stamphappy1650 at Splitcoaststampers
__________________
Lynn
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Lynn in St. Louis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 AM   #37  
Compulsive Stamper
 
glitterworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Knebworth Herts uk
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

my ribbons (masses of them), are tied on a few bangles which are on a hook attached to the ceiling and dangle over a craft table- they look nice and are accessible.
Jules x
__________________
[email protected]

www.fairynuffstuff.co.uk

Do you believe in fairies?
glitterworld is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 AM   #38  
Glitter Guru
 
identicaltriplets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: At my Scrap 'n Cube!
Posts: 7,189
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Here is a list I have compiled from my Organizational Fridays. I hope some of these are helpful to you. Have a joyous day!

Copic Storage
Colored Pencil Storage
Copic Storage for Travel
Unity & Unmounted Stamp Storage
Mounted Stamp Storage
Nestabilities Storage
Scrap Paper Storage
Patterned Paper Storage
Flowers & Dew Drop Storage
Sketch Storage
Open Bin Storage
Small Embellishment Storage
Ribbon Storage
__________________
Patter
Mom to Adult Identical Triplets--a police officer, 3rd year medical student, and special education teacher
identicaltriplets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor
 
scrampingram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

WOW! Now theres a list of helpers! Thanks so much!!
scrampingram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:49 AM   #40  
Glitter Guru
 
identicaltriplets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: At my Scrap 'n Cube!
Posts: 7,189
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrampingramView Post
WOW! Now theres a list of helpers! Thanks so much!!
You are welcome!
__________________
Patter
Mom to Adult Identical Triplets--a police officer, 3rd year medical student, and special education teacher
identicaltriplets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off