Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is JetMax still around??

I've seen it occasionally at the local Michaels, but not all the time. Is tehre a place online I could order it from? thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I noticed the same thing with the Jetmax cubes at my Michaels. I've always been afraid to start collecting them that they would discontinue.

One day at my local Michaels I was debating of the two styles of cubes they had while my daughter-in-law roamed the store. She called me on the cell phone (lol) and had me go to the complete opposite side of store. There was a whole isle of them with sooo many to choose from.

Make sure you are checking the WHOLE store and not just scrapbooking section. I've noticed the same thing in DE and MD stores. They have just a few in the scrapbooking section, but the real section is elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I hope they are still around as I have just started buying them to organize my scraproom. My husband and I just put together the first piece today. I have a long way to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Office Max used to carry them. And I told that to my friend because she wanted to buy. When she went to an Office Max and looked for the cubes, OM said that the cubes have been discontinued. What her OM did was check the other branches that might still have the cubes. They found some, and had it shipped to their branch. Even though my friend had to wait for a week or so, she did get her Jetmax cubes, thanks to her OM's wonderful customer service. Maybe you'd like to try that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Target also carries them, but it seems only a few at a time. I did notice the last time I bought them the box changed. I don't have one of the boxes, but I remember it didn't actually say JetMax on the box. Wish I could remember the name it did have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I saw them at Michael's just today . . . and they have expanded the line quite a bit! They now have drawers that hold 12x12 paper in hanging file folders! I kept looking at it and couldn't believe my eyes! Someone out there is listening to us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I saw them at Michael's just today . . . and they have expanded the line quite a bit! They now have drawers that hold 12x12 paper in hanging file folders! I kept looking at it and couldn't believe my eyes! Someone out there is listening to us!
Oh my...I will have to check out my Michaels asap. I would love to have some of those!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Scamper64 is right, Jetmax just expanded their lines of storage cubies and they just recently released some new ones. I've seen them out at Michaels last Tuesday.

For those of you who doesn't want the white Jetmax, Hobby Lobby sells them in black... Honestly I prefer the black better than the white ones.

Claire
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairescreationView Post
Scamper64 is right, Jetmax just expanded their lines of storage cubies and they just recently released some new ones. I've seen them out at Michaels last Tuesday.

For those of you who doesn't want the white Jetmax, Hobby Lobby sells them in black... Honestly I prefer the black better than the white ones.
I live in one of the very few states that doesn't have a HL. Wish they would move into Maryland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Just got back from Michaels and have seen the new additions. WOW! I came home with 2 more. 1 at 1/2 price! I was scared that they were doing away with them. Got to start putting them together to see if I can get some more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

If anybody gets the one that holds the hanging files for 12x12 paper, can you tell me how well the drawer opens? I would love to store my paper in hanging files. I use to have a rolling file cart and I loved it.

My new configuration with my scraproom I didn't have room for the cart so using something else. I need to buy 3 more cubes to finish off my room and might get those (if the drawer is not difficult to open/close).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Anybody who wants storage, they are now 50% at Michaels.

Oh Penny, if you don't have any HL where you live, its the other way around here. This place has HL but NO AC Moore, NO Joann's and NO Michael's. The nearest Michael's is about 45miles away and Joann's is about 60miles away. So if I want to buy anything from Joann's, I have to get it at Joann's online store and I have to deal with their crappy customer service. I don't know but everytime I have to order something I have to deal with some sort of online probs. Good thing that Leigh-Anne is always up and about to resolve any kind of issues when you post it to their Facebook account.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Claire
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #13  

Oh boy. I hope I can get to Mike's this week. I had to *gasp* give up one of my drawers for DD things. Her BD is Tuesday so that would make a great present.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone found just the hanging folders for the 12x12 file cube? I bought 10 cubes of varying configurations at 50% off. They are finally all put toghether and now I am putting things in them. Very exciting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

FYI . . . these http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...ID=xprd1130386 do NOT fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Very good to know. Thanks, Kim! Any sightings of JetMax folders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did email the company to ask. I'll let you all know IF I hear back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
I noticed the same thing with the Jetmax cubes at my Michaels. I've always been afraid to start collecting them that they would discontinue.

One day at my local Michaels I was debating of the two styles of cubes they had while my daughter-in-law roamed the store. She called me on the cell phone (lol) and had me go to the complete opposite side of store. There was a whole isle of them with sooo many to choose from.

Make sure you are checking the WHOLE store and not just scrapbooking section. I've noticed the same thing in DE and MD stores. They have just a few in the scrapbooking section, but the real section is elsewhere.

I think that Michael's is revamping the stores. This is the same thing that is going on with mine. I just about blasted out the manager for never having them in stock until he said let me look in one more place and there they were. Everything I had been looking for. It seemed like he was the only one who knew about the new section (I was up there earlier in the week and the employees said the original place was the only place they would be).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
I live in one of the very few states that doesn't have a HL. Wish they would move into Maryland.
I have also found them at AC Moore, just in white though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Has anyone seen the Craft Table that rolls lately?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbie207View Post
Has anyone found just the hanging folders for the 12x12 file cube? I bought 10 cubes of varying configurations at 50% off. They are finally all put toghether and now I am putting things in them. Very exciting.
I was told Tuesday they were on the truck, but it wouldn't be unloaded until Wednesday. My daughter-in-law is going back to ask for them. The sales lady seemed to be rather familiar with them, so I hope so.

If they don't have them I'll be heading to the 'otherside' of Maryland to check out a bigger Michaels. They have to make them. I wonder if the Crop-in-style ones would fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

I heard back from JetMax! Wow! I'm truly impressed with their speedy response! Here it is:

Thank you for contacting Jetmax International and for your interest in our craft storage products. Michaels Craft stores will begin carrying the hanging file folders in August. They will be available in a 6 pack and should retail for under $15.00 or less. In the meantime, the “Store in Style” brand of hanging folders will fit into the hanging file cube. If you can get your hands on those I would recommend purchasing them now. I’ve been having difficulty finding them online, but sometimes smaller scrapbook specialty stores will stock them. Because there isn’t a standard 12” x 12” file folder size like a standard letter or legal folder, the 12” x 12” hanging folder varies in actual size depending on the manufacturer.

This is probably more information than you wanted, but please be advised folders for the cube you purchased will be available—it just requires some patience until August.

Update . . . just looked online and found them at WalMart.com . . . http://www.walmart.com/ip/Store-In-S...White/10881253 . . . but not available! URGH.

Last edited by Scamper64; 04-14-2010 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Found online
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

I bought the two new designs that I found in my Michaels. I posted them in my blog if anybody who hasn't seen would like to take a peek. Took several pictures so hopefully if you're interested you can get a good look at them put together.

Last edited by ScrappinMoments; 04-14-2010 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Okay ladies need to bounce some things off you. I am finally ready to create my craft "corner" in my newly renovated sun room. I just purchased 6 jetmax cubes at Michaels last night and also got the table that goes over it. I put together the cubes( fingertip hurts from holding screwdriver trigger down so much
I love the cubes and can not wait to get all my stuff in there but I am not sure I am sold on the table top. It seems too narrow and also saw that you attach with the L brackets and wondering how sturdy this ?? I also saw some options where some people are using laminate counters and wondering how this is done and just thinking about other options???Help please
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

The table top they use is 14.25 inches deep I think (might be 14.5). Also you are suppose to attach it with the L brackets. What I did is bought a white shelving board from Lowes. You can just lay that on top. Not having it connected was good for me, it let me re-arrange the cubes without worry of taking off the 'desk' part. The board from Lowes is 16" wide, giving you that little extra width and also much cheaper. It runs 8 feet for 20.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #26  
Glitter Queen

Hi penny thanks..that might work cause i want my cubes split up so I can have a place for a buddy to stamp too so 8 feet is plenty to have 2 cubes on either end and then a set in the middle ...thanks for the info ...off to Lowes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #27  
Glitter Queen

So here is my completed craft "corner" Love it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Is JetMax still around??-sunroom-008.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

That looks really nice. Don't you just love how the Jetmax cubes lets you have a lot of storage space in a compact area?

I can't believe I thought I would hate them and didn't go that way in the beginning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #29  
Glitter Queen

Yes I love them!! I am very happy with the decision. Since I have limited space ( a corner of my sunroom) it makes it look better too. I wish i had a before picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkieView Post
Okay ladies need to bounce some things off you. I am finally ready to create my craft "corner" in my newly renovated sun room. I just purchased 6 jetmax cubes at Michaels last night and also got the table that goes over it. I put together the cubes( fingertip hurts from holding screwdriver trigger down so much
I love the cubes and can not wait to get all my stuff in there but I am not sure I am sold on the table top. It seems too narrow and also saw that you attach with the L brackets and wondering how sturdy this ?? I also saw some options where some people are using laminate counters and wondering how this is done and just thinking about other options???Help please
I did purchase the top and wouldn't recommend it to anyone wish I hadn't wasted my money on it. so it just sits on top of my cubbies. I love your new space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I did a lot of searching and debating before I made a decision on my top. I use the 16" wide shelving board. It is still a tad narrow, but I'm getting use to it. I had a 3 foot deep table before. But on the table was most of my stuff, now I store it under in the drawers/shelves. I definately like my set up better then before, so much storage. Still have a few drawers empty.

I purchased the new styles a few weeks ago. I bought two of the 12 inch drawers that has the hanging file folders. I'm undecided on them as I need to get more of the file folders to finish off organizing them. Then we'll see. I have to be careful when opening them so the bottom of the drawer doesn't scrap across the floor. Its not really a problem holding the handle pulling it out, and just keeping it up (but the drawer isn't filled yet). They are suppose to get the file folders at Michaels in August I read somewhere.

The other new one, I think they call it the "work station" is different. I don't use some of the cloth drawers, but the ones I do use I like. Easy to just pull out the whole drawer and set it up on the counter. I like that. I also like the drop down part, it's an easy place to stash my work in progress and gives me a tiny bit more space to lay something down on. Good especially for working on two page layouts.

If you haven't seen the two new styles, I have them on my blog if you would like to check them out.

New Design Jet Max
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much for all the information on here. I have been going crazy trying to find 12 x 12 hanging folders. At least now I know they will eventually be out.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

What is the price for a unit (single) at 1/2 price? I found these on Craigslist if anyone is in Daytona, FL area:

http://daytona.craigslist.org/art/1710536824
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffercatView Post
What is the price for a unit (single) at 1/2 price? I found these on Craigslist if anyone is in Daytona, FL area:

http://daytona.craigslist.org/art/1710536824.html
$15 is about what you pay with a coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

The two new styles was 39.99 (19.99 with 50% off). I didn't buy any of the older styles at that time. Those have been 29.99 (14.99 with 50% off).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #36  
Mad Swapper

OK - got 2 of the 2 drawer units - Love them - going back today to get 2 more hopefully - they are 40% off so $18 each - I too can't believe I haven't done this sooner - put the 2 I have on the countertop and placed a shelf over them and will add the 2 new ones on top of the 2 I have and place another shelf on top of them - lots of storage - can't wait...
Gerry :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #37  
Glitter Queen

Default Jetmax storage

Not sure where you live. I'm in AZ and all of our Ms have large stock of Jetmax. I've been buying them when they're on sale. Sometimes 50%. Also use coupons on them. You can put them together easily and they're really sturdy. I love that there are so many styles to choose from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #38  
Glitter Queen

I bought 4 file drawer cubes and can't find the files for them.

:( my Ms doesn't have them....

If I can't get files before my 60 days is up I guess I'll return them.

I didn't realize when I bought them the drawer has no bottom...

That walmart link doesn't work and i cannot find the store in style ones in stock anywhere online.

What cities and states are you guys in who's Ms already have them? I'm in WV. If I thought I could get them in Columbus or Cincy, I'd make a day trip and stop in Ms there.

Thanks.

Last edited by kristinwv; 06-29-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristinwvView Post
I bought 4 file drawer cubes and can't find the files for them.

:( my Ms doesn't have them....

If I can't get files before my 60 days is up I guess I'll return them.

I didn't realize when I bought them the drawer has no bottom...

That walmart link doesn't work and i cannot find the store in style ones in stock anywhere online.

What cities and states are you guys in who's Ms already have them? I'm in WV. If I thought I could get them in Columbus or Cincy, I'd make a day trip and stop in Ms there.

Thanks.
I have read on a message board somewhere (either here or on Cricut's) that Michaels will have the hanging folders in August. I'm still waiting it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

I got mine at AC Moore. they were in the back of the store with the wood crafts.
Reply With Quote Likes