Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Update on moving my scrap room

I can hardly believe I have only been at it for two weeks (today!) but here is what I have gotten done:

All furniture moved out of my "new" room
Wallpaper stripped on two walls of new room
Ceiling painted (two coats!) in my new room
Two walls of drywall repaired, primed, and sized
Two walls repainted (again, two coats!)
Wallpaper hung on two walls
Border hung all around the room
ALL my scrapbooking/stamping/sewing stuff moved to new room
*Note: what a mess this is.... everything is just shoved in. I foresee HOURS of organizing!
Carpet all lifted and disposed of in former craft room/ new spare bedroom

Tomorrow, the new carpet is laid in the new spare bedroom. Then tomorrow night....... all that bedroom furniture gets moved in! And then...... on to organizing my new room! Pictures coming soon!

I knew you people would understand my delight in this!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I know it's a ton of hard work so feel great about everything you've done so far! I am going through something similar myself but didn't have to do as much since we didn't have to strip wallpaper or put up new wallpaper or repair as much drywall. Wallpaper is a nightmare - I think you need the patience of a saint to do that so I stay far away from it. Kudos to you for all of that - especially with the holidays!

My husband had to change the color of my craft room from a Mesa sunset orange color to a soothing green color (talk about two coats of primer, two coats of green paint on each wall). We did two shades of green so the colors really look nice and pop a bit. I love the slight contrast and it is so much better than the orange I had to live with for almost 7 years. He also had to repair a terrible patch job in the closet ceiling so that meant cutting out the patch and inserting new drywall, patching it up and painting the ceiling so he figured he might as well do the entire ceiling. LOL Then came the fun part - getting to put the room back together - NOT!! The great purge began when I took stuff out so he could start the work and then phase 2 of the purge started as I started to put stuff back into the room. I'm still going through stuff now...

Can't wait to see your new room and how you tackle storage/organization - one of my most favorite features!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! You have gotten a lot done. Only so many hours in the day but you've done wonders already. Look forward to seeing it when it is done! I'd be so happy to get mine all organized!!
Reply With Quote Likes