Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   BULK STAMP CASES (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/bulk-stamp-cases-557720/)

rn20990 07-16-2012 04:11 PM

BULK STAMP CASES

I'M LOOKING FOR A SOURCE FOR DVD STAMP CASES, LIKE su OR amuse CASES. I need alot, so I'm looking for a better price than what Stampin up or Amuse sells them for.

RiverIsis 07-16-2012 05:26 PM

I'm not familiar with the SU/a-muse cases but there is this thread in Mission Organization. HTH.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...t-t509550.html

Love2Craft 07-20-2012 05:37 AM

I ordered through ULINE.com. It does have the hub but it still works and is a lot cheaper.

bjlee717 07-20-2012 09:51 AM

I found this online store, but it only makes it worthwhile if you need to buy 100 cases - brings the cost down to 80 cents each with free shipping. I have not bought from them, but may in the future. If anyone has ordered from them, I'd love to hear what you have to say (there's only 1 review....sounds promising).

Clear Storage Cases 14mm for Rubber Stamps (No Hub)

bjlee717 07-20-2012 09:52 AM

Here's one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Storage-.../dp/B00889C3N2

Karen3000 07-20-2012 10:11 AM

I got my last batch from Tape on Line - very fast shipping.

KalaKitty 07-20-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717 (Post 19567496)
I found this online store, but it only makes it worthwhile if you need to buy 100 cases - brings the cost down to 80 cents each with free shipping. I have not bought from them, but may in the future. If anyone has ordered from them, I'd love to hear what you have to say (there's only 1 review....sounds promising).

Clear Storage Cases 14mm for Rubber Stamps (No Hub)

I wish I could see these before buying :)

xayide2 07-20-2012 01:19 PM

I am going to remember those when I run out of my current stash of clear cases. Much cheaper!

Beate 07-22-2012 04:35 AM

I purchased a bunch of these cases for my Nestabilities dies. I just lined one side with vent cover magnets.

They are made out of hard clear plastic like DVD cases but I think they would work wonderful for stamps as well!

CraftyMel2 07-22-2012 08:40 AM

The ones from Amazon are priced right if you need 100 of them :) This might be good to go in on it with another person or two. The others look like they cost more than the SU ones unless I am reading wrong. The Tape on Line ones are not made of the same plastic that the others are made of...I called them yesterday and they told me that they are made from the same plastic as the jewel cases (the hard glassy kind of plastic). I would say that the SU ones are made of propyl-something kind of plastic but DH informed me that there are TONS of propyl "Somethings" :) It's the "something" that you need to know, not the propyl. haha! Shows what I know about the plastics world!!!

mandypandy 07-22-2012 12:14 PM

Depending on how many you needed you might be able to earn hostess benefits by ordering the Stampin' Up ones....that would bring the overall cost down a bit too since you could use the hostess dollars for more cases! =)

jan1 07-22-2012 03:52 PM

You can order some from Sleeve City, online. They can be shipped to you without the hub. You just need to put "ship unassembled" in the order. These cases are cling stamp, clear stamp and rubber stamp friendly! They are called the King Jewel case and I love mine. The more you order, the cheaper they are!

dacpam 07-22-2012 09:36 PM

Subscribing

plumcrazy 07-23-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKitty (Post 19567549)
I wish I could see these before buying :)

Yeah, me too. I would wonder if they are similar to the SU clear dvd cases. I'm almost tempted to buy these.

lharnish 07-23-2012 03:49 AM

There's a link in the Amazing Paper Grace blog which shows these cases used for both stamps and nestability storage along with a direct link to the company (tapeonline.com):

Clear Storage Solution Blog Candy � Blog Candy � Stamping � Amazing Paper Grace

I like the idea of the EZ Mount laminated styles of sheets cut down to a custom size to fit in the DVD case.

plumcrazy 07-23-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717 (Post 19567498)

I bought these today, i can give a review (and post some pics) when i get them. I hope they are similar to the SU ones. I can't wait to get them, i have quite a few stamps that need new homes. LOL! :lol:

Joan B 07-23-2012 02:36 PM

ok, what is the "hub"? thanks!

Joan B 07-23-2012 02:37 PM

also, there is a big difference between the hard clear cases (which break on me) and the soft cases that SU and A Muse sell....

muscrat 07-23-2012 03:10 PM

I think the hub they are referring to is the piece that contains the round thing that holds the cd/dvd in place? The thing I remove from music cd cases when I convert them to hold my nesties.

turki 07-23-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumcrazy (Post 19573332)
I bought these today, i can give a review (and post some pics) when i get them. I hope they are similar to the SU ones. I can't wait to get them, i have quite a few stamps that need new homes. LOL! :lol:

Jen - Looking forward to your review. They *look* like the the SU/Amuse cases. It would be nice to find a source that is cheaper than SU/Amuse. When you need a bunch, it adds up quickly!

RiverIsis 07-23-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumcrazy (Post 19572132)
Yeah, me too. I would wonder if they are similar to the SU clear dvd cases. I'm almost tempted to buy these.

Have a look at the bottom of this page - 100 for $0.89 each.

I believe these are - Sleeve City CD Cases, Super Jewel Box

Recommended in the following thread

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...t-t509550.html

The first poster that recommended them ordered by phone and Sleeve City shipped them without the hubs saving time (waste) as well.

RiverIsis 07-23-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B (Post 19573355)
ok, what is the "hub"? thanks!

The part of a CD/DVD case that actually holds the CD/DVD in place - some cases they are clipped in, others they are moulded to the plastic. HTH.

Joan B 07-23-2012 04:26 PM

thanks!

bjlee717 07-23-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumcrazy (Post 19573332)

Jen, I would LOVE to hear what you think and see some more pictures. Thank you!!!! You are fantastic!!

snowcountry311 07-23-2012 08:48 PM

i 2nd that jen-share when you can thanks~

plumcrazy 07-24-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717 (Post 19573899)
Jen, I would LOVE to hear what you think and see some more pictures. Thank you!!!! You are fantastic!!

I will for sure & definitely take more pics! :) I hope Amazon ships quickly!

CraftyMel2 07-24-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B (Post 19573356)
also, there is a big difference between the hard clear cases (which break on me) and the soft cases that SU and A Muse sell....

Yes, there is...if they say they are "jewel" cases, then they are the hard clear cases made of polystyrene. The soft plastic ones like SU and A Muse are made from Polypropylene.

gajitldy 07-24-2012 04:34 AM

Subscribing

havonfamily 07-24-2012 08:56 PM

Subscribing in :)

wimarinemom2006 07-25-2012 04:10 AM

I'm so glad someone started this this. I've been looking for a year now and haven't found what I wanted. I'll have to check out Uline. I'd like to buy 50 at a time.

Lindachad 07-25-2012 05:11 AM

Subscribing

ondinesgirl 07-25-2012 05:26 AM

DVD cases for clear stamps

Sleeve City has a great DVD case called Super Jewel Box King DVD Case
DVD Cases from Sleeve City
1- $1.65; 10- $12.70; 50- $50.80; 100-$88.90
I converted 97% of my wood mounted to clear/cling mount
great price on cling cushion mounting foam from StampersBest.com
blessings
patti moffett

Susanne527 07-25-2012 05:49 AM

I gave up on cases---bought a huge 3 ring binder from Staples...use clear open top sleeves and store all my clear/"floppy" stamps in there--easy, one place, no extra organization with cases....cheap too!

jeanne3579 07-25-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanne527 (Post 19576826)
I gave up on cases---bought a huge 3 ring binder from Staples...use clear open top sleeves and store all my clear/"floppy" stamps in there--easy, one place, no extra organization with cases....cheap too!

I don't have unmounted stamps (I love the feel of wood in my hands and the "ready to go" advantage of mounted stamps), but this is how I store all my dies and embossing folders. Century Plastics sells clear plastic pages with pockets of every size I've needed so far Flipping through pages makes it easy to find what I want and an extra large binder still takes up less room than anything else.

nanadonnaC 07-25-2012 07:35 AM

Here is what I have been using, however price went up since I bought them at $1.17 each YIKES A5 3 Ring Case View Binder - Clear

sharilea 07-25-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate (Post 19570467)
I purchased a bunch of these cases for my Nestabilities dies. I just lined one side with vent cover magnets.

They are made out of hard clear plastic like DVD cases but I think they would work wonderful for stamps as well!

These look awesome! I am looking for something to store my Nesties in as well. When I checked out their website though, the shipping to Canada is ridiculous! $55 to ship 100 cases. That is way too much to charge in my opinion. So, I will have to keep looking. I will keep these in the back of my mind though in case I can't find anything else. I may have to "suck it up" and pay the shipping.

I would like cases like SU! ones that the framabilities come in. Anyone know of a source for those? They are super slim and have the little flap at the top that has a snap on it. They are more of a pocket than a DVD case type.

Susanne527 07-25-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579 (Post 19577005)
I don't have unmounted stamps (I love the feel of wood in my hands and the "ready to go" advantage of mounted stamps), but this is how I store all my dies and embossing folders. Century Plastics sells clear plastic pages with pockets of every size I've needed so far Flipping through pages makes it easy to find what I want and an extra large binder still takes up less room than anything else.

Oh sistah...I have hundreds of wood mounted stamps--each have their own category in "7 drawer rolly carts"--my "floppy" stamps would get stuck to the wood stamps--so they got their own home...I prefer wood stamps over all else any day of the week.

My dies are in the new "Art Bin" check it out--magnetic box--you can buy inserts--every die has a home now...my embossing folders are in another rolly cart with my "fat Siz dies" :) (aka the thick dies)...I work in my basement studio which can get humid in summer (NOW) and also damp in winter--everything needs a home here or I would go coo-coo! Also, it has flooded down here with a few winter storms--rolly carts are easy to put up on tables! :mrgreen:

Susanne527 07-25-2012 09:02 AM

SCS is amazing--I must have researched "19 different ways to Tuesday" looking for storage solutions...in one morning you have all shared so much info--this is really useful--thank you! I guess next time I'll know exactly where to look--I do have to say, I use the "cheap factor" as part of my storage solutions--refuse to buy pricey stuff because I have found I have outgrown storage in the past. Rolly carts at craft stores cost a fortune--I buy them at Big Lots for $25 and with a coupon...20% off that! Check out your local Staples for the plastic sheet sleeves--those were cheaper than having them shipped to me and they are sturdy enough to handle the storage--but you must get a huge 5" binder or so because your stash is really wide once you make this commitment! :)

mannal 07-25-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharilea (Post 19577115)

I would like cases like SU! ones that the framabilities come in. Anyone know of a source for those? They are super slim and have the little flap at the top that has a snap on it. They are more of a pocket than a DVD case type.

Sizzix sells the plastic envelopes that the SU Framelits are packaged in, they are a little pricey but I haven't been able to find anything similar in bulk.

Sizzix Accessory - Plastic Envelopes, 3 Pack | Sizzix.com

sharilea 07-25-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannal (Post 19577206)
Sizzix sells the plastic envelopes that the SU Framelits are packaged in, they are a little pricey but I haven't been able to find anything similar in bulk.

Sizzix Accessory - Plastic Envelopes, 3 Pack | Sizzix.com

OMG!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! Now, to figure out how to get them to Canada. Sizzix.com won't ship here. I will find a way!