Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   Best organization for 12 x 12 paper (other than a scrapbox) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/best-organization-12-x-12-paper-other-than-scrapbox-463140/)

Lainy67 10-09-2009 02:07 PM

Best organization for 12 x 12 paper (other than a scrapbox)

Ok... So I REALLY want one, but didn't feel like I could justify it in the giveaway, because I do have a great scrapping space. However, I am SUFFERING for 12 x 12 paper storage.

I have a Cropper Hopper that I have all my cardstock in. It is full. I have three boxes plus of the IRIS Scrapbook Snap lock storage units sitting on my counter. I need help with that. Does anyone have any good ideas for FLAT paper storage that looks nice. I have REALLY looked at the Scrapbox. And the Craft box, because I like the thinner look, but it is so much money. I have also thought about adding more cabinets in my house, but I would have to be really careful about those, because the ones I have now, the doors are just such with a divider I can't get the paper into the cabinets flat (the center support in front causes a problem).

Also, all the little plastic canvas organizers on the scrapbox stuff looks SO VERY COOL.

Anyone else know of anything that could meet that in looks, but beat it in price?

ms.rhetta 10-09-2009 02:09 PM

http://store.scrapbook.com/?search=

this is what I purchased, love them!

craftsrlb 10-09-2009 04:35 PM

12x12 paper

I have stored mine 2 ways..the first was I made the storage cubes from target (the grid design ones) into shelves. I used cable ties and made a cube and then made shelves every inch or 2. That worked great. You can stack 4 high, Then I got into the cubes you can get at all the craft stores, and I like that now too. I think there are pics in my gallery of each type

marthur 10-09-2009 04:37 PM

I couldn't follow the scrapbook.com link but I suspect you were referencing the Display Dynamics Perfect Paper Stackable Open (Lipless) Paper Trays (12 x 12). I have purchased them from scrapbook.com and I love them.

Megan

amyschmamy 10-09-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlb (Post 15318094)
I have stored mine 2 ways..the first was I made the storage cubes from target (the grid design ones) into shelves. I used cable ties and made a cube and then made shelves every inch or 2. That worked great. You can stack 4 high, Then I got into the cubes you can get at all the craft stores, and I like that now too. I think there are pics in my gallery of each type

This is exactly what I was going to say! It is inexpensive, and a very flexible solution---love it!

Brenda71 10-11-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marthur (Post 15318115)
I couldn't follow the scrapbook.com link but I suspect you were referencing the Display Dynamics Perfect Paper Stackable Open (Lipless) Paper Trays (12 x 12). I have purchased them from scrapbook.com and I love them.

Megan

I have these also and love them!! Mine are in a tall cabinet. When I get a bigger room I want to have one tray for each color of cardstock.

thescrapmaster 10-12-2009 07:23 PM

I store my cardstock and patterned paper in vertical containers that I have made out of used priority mail boxes.

I have photos and details here:
http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com/2...-paper-ho.html

I am attempting to post a photo for the first time ever so wish me luck! :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F2xy-y_rNx...0/P8230522.JPG

debzi333 10-17-2009 01:18 AM

subbing

ScrappinMoments 10-17-2009 04:46 PM

I bought 2 of the vertical containers to try them out. I actually liked them but for one thing. Having had several surgeries on my neck, I no longer have a lot of upper body strength. I was on the search for something that I could keep at my fingertips yet not have to lift down onto the table. Seems it takes me forever to make up my mind, and even then I tend to change it a lot. Having to put the paper back, digging out something different.

-->12x12 File Cart<--

This has been working great for me. It is an old picture, I have since added some more of the white hanging files that are acid free. The cart you can get at most office supply stores and you need 'legal' size. Also, with the open bottom, it can accommodate the 12x12 paper. So far I can keep that plastic bin in the one area for my scraps, but I do forsee a day I will have to remove it for more hanging files. The hanging files that fit the same width as legal are from Cropper Hopper. The Store-N-Style ones do not fit.

bryans1shawna 10-18-2009 05:51 AM

This thread has helped me so much. I have to be careful how much I spend anyway and I really dont want to spend too much money on storage when I need supplies. Supplies are more fun then storage :P

ScrappinMoments 10-18-2009 06:10 AM

I spend more time organizing and buying things to organize with. It's the OCD in me. I just have to have everything exactly to my liking for me to be comfortable with to sit down on actually do a project.

When I am working on a project, my mind wonders on ways to improve my workspace.

OCD and creativity are real enemies.

Adalia Disa 10-21-2009 07:25 AM

Just a quick note about the wire storage cube - turned racks system. I had a HUGE system for this that I had set up in my old crafting space. I had stacked them six high or something silly like that, and they were actually good and sturdy. What I noticed though was that my paper faded quickly. It was in an area that only got a little sun every now and then, and mostly in the fall after the leaves were off the trees, but still, without really realizing it, I lost quite a bit of paper to the sun. Also, the few sheets on the bottom of my stacks became a bit warped/bent into the shape of the wire grid. You could solve this by lining the grid with something thick, but I only figured this out after the fact. I loved that system, and if I still had the room, I would go back to it as long as I could figure out a system for keeping the sun away.
Now I store my 12x12 in a cardboard file box that is made for 12x12 paper. I want to change to the cropper-hopper files in jetmax cubes, but am waiting until I'm out of my rented townhome to reorganize everything!

HTH!

guille1956 10-22-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments (Post 15378144)
I spend more time organizing and buying things to organize with. It's the OCD in me. I just have to have everything exactly to my liking for me to be comfortable with to sit down on actually do a project.

When I am working on a project, my mind wonders on ways to improve my workspace.

OCD and creativity are real enemies.

I thought I was the only one with this problem! Right now I moved all my stuff again and have odds and ends to put away but ran out of space! I don't want to spend any more money on organization supplies. Why can't I have the nerve to just throw out what's left and be done with it so I can start planning Thanksgiving crafts! Wouldn't it be nice to have the entire house for crafts.

stamphappy1650 10-22-2009 08:57 PM

I love the Display Dynamic trays from scrapbook.com
You can see out I use them here

tara1601 10-27-2009 09:36 PM

scrappin moments i like your paper storage cart.. where did you buy that at?

sohottstamper 10-28-2009 12:22 PM

I have (no picture to support this) purchased something similar to the grid system you can make from supplies at the T store, but I went online and bought an actually grid rack. It was around $40. 3 cubes hold 8 trays each. It is on wheels and came with an all encasing cover. After it was fully loaded with paper, the bottom grid did bend a bit. No problem. Hubby put a reinforcing board on the bottom and some new wheels for about $5 and I was good to go again. When short on space ~ always go vertical.

ScrappinMoments 10-28-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tara1601 (Post 15442609)
scrappin moments i like your paper storage cart.. where did you buy that at?

I bought that about 15 years ago and I'm actually surprised they are still selling them, unchanged at Walmart. I think I originally got mine at Office Depot. But I can't remember where I went shopping yesterday most of the time, who knows 15 years ago. Anyway you can get it from Walmart for 37.00. Might have to order it though.

Chrome File Cart

The bottom shelf actually can be adjusted to sit lower if you want to store 12x12 paper in it.

It was a very nice find in the attic.

tara1601 10-28-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments (Post 15449742)
I bought that about 15 years ago and I'm actually surprised they are still selling them, unchanged at Walmart. I think I originally got mine at Office Depot. But I can't remember where I went shopping yesterday most of the time, who knows 15 years ago. Anyway you can get it from Walmart for 37.00. Might have to order it though.

Chrome File Cart

The bottom shelf actually can be adjusted to sit lower if you want to store 12x12 paper in it.

thanks for the info!

KateFerg 10-30-2009 08:04 PM

Also available at Costco.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments (Post 15449742)

Chrome File Cart

This is also available at Costco. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I would like to find hanging 12X12 storage. I have the Cropper Hopper Class Tote and am trying to decide whether to get more. By the time you get the tote and the cart I think it is a little spendy. I like hanging storage for my 12X12. I like the chrome cart but not sure it will hold 12X12 hanging files. Anyone have any other ideas?

McStamper 10-30-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments (Post 15375894)
I bought 2 of the vertical containers to try them out. I actually liked them but for one thing. Having had several surgeries on my neck, I no longer have a lot of upper body strength. I was on the search for something that I could keep at my fingertips yet not have to lift down onto the table. Seems it takes me forever to make up my mind, and even then I tend to change it a lot. Having to put the paper back, digging out something different.

-->12x12 File Cart<--

This has been working great for me. It is an old picture, I have since added some more of the white hanging files that are acid free. The cart you can get at most office supply stores and you need 'legal' size. Also, with the open bottom, it can accommodate the 12x12 paper. So far I can keep that plastic bin in the one area for my scraps, but I do forsee a day I will have to remove it for more hanging files. The hanging files that fit the same width as legal are from Cropper Hopper. The Store-N-Style ones do not fit.

I have had this cart for a few years and am thinking of getting a second one. I love it.

ScrappinMoments 10-31-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateFerg (Post 15465442)
This is also available at Costco. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I would like to find hanging 12X12 storage. I have the Cropper Hopper Class Tote and am trying to decide whether to get more. By the time you get the tote and the cart I think it is a little spendy. I like hanging storage for my 12X12. I like the chrome cart but not sure it will hold 12X12 hanging files. Anyone have any other ideas?

These are the 12x12 folders I use in mine.

-->Folders that Fit The Chrome Cart<--

Well, actually they are bigger then that. The are over 15 inches wide for the metal hanging part, and 13 inches deep. The also come with the tabs for the top of the folders. They are a big pricey, so I order a pack or two at a time. When they had the no shipping and no minimum it made it a lot easier. I see they are now charging shipping. Maybe they can be found in a store?

There is another brand type of hanging folder, but they DO NOT fit and also do not come with any tabs for labels. I believe those are by Store-In-Style, so don't buy those.

The green hanging folders seen behind the white ones, I took two legal hanging folders and combined them. I doubt they are acid free. So I'm slowing getting them replaced with the ones by Cropper Hopper.

becsflowers 10-31-2009 09:20 AM

I use 3-drawer Sterlite units from WalMart or Hobby Lobby with a coupon. I stack 6 on top of weach other to make towers with no problems at all. I like to store my paper flat- I can't handle the "curve" it gets from being stored upright.

JackieM 11-18-2009 05:52 AM

This is mine....the photo is almost a year old now. I now have 4 racks and they are almost full! Still have the cardstock organized by hue....

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=117759

sprtchick 11-24-2009 02:45 PM

Another vote for Jetmax cubes...I just love them. The three drawer units are perfect for 12 x 12 papers...that is what is in most of my drawers.
blessings.

4.5 cat mom 11-24-2009 05:15 PM

this is my dream one: http://cgi.ebay.com/8-5-x11-Cardstoc...item4a9c65a2a3

go to ebay, crafts, storage

good luck!

sprtchick 11-25-2009 08:48 AM

I love those paper holders on Ebay too...the only thing I dont like about them is the sunlight or any light will fade your papers over time. My paper is 95% all stored in drawers, jetmax mostly. Blessings.

katydidnt 11-26-2009 05:11 AM

I bought a 12x12 storage box from Hobby Lobby (I think it's by Crop In Style and is purple). I use our Stampin Up craft keepers with the flap turned in and a hanging folder plastic label thingy stapled to the top where I write the name of each set of paper. I store one package of paper in each folder. Then I can grab the whole thing at once without worrying about all the little bits I'm compelled to save falling out. Works great. I also put a sticky on the front that lists all the coordinating colors for each package. Saves having to look in the catalog all the time.

stamphappy1650 11-26-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katydidnt (Post 15615248)
I bought a 12x12 storage box from Hobby Lobby (I think it's by Crop In Style and is purple). I use our Stampin Up craft keepers with the flap turned in and a hanging folder plastic label thingy stapled to the top where I write the name of each set of paper. I store one package of paper in each folder. Then I can grab the whole thing at once without worrying about all the little bits I'm compelled to save falling out. Works great. I also put a sticky on the front that lists all the coordinating colors for each package. Saves having to look in the catalog all the time.

Great Idea - I keep my SU papers in the SU folders and only have the family name. I always have to look in the catty to see the color families - I'm using your ieda - Thanks!