Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avery Elle storage pockets

I've been reading everyones input on these, and think this may be my storage solution. I was wondering though how thick/thin they are.

Obviously I don't want to have to replace the envelope each time I take a stamp/die out because it's so thin.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

I only use them for stamps and they are wonderful and I don't think you would have any problems with your dies. I was pleasatly surprised how durable these are. If I didn't have another storage for my dies I would be using these. If you are putting magnets on chipboard of any type, I would cut the chipboard about 1/2" narrower than the envelope to make it easier to take out and put back in.
Cindy

Last edited by Cindy Littler; 04-08-2014 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Jennifer McGuire has great info: Video: Clear and Cling Stamp Storage + Giveaway! | Jennifer McGuire Ink

Video: Clear and Cling Stamp Storage ? Larger Sets | Jennifer McGuire Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Right now I'm using the little storage bin that you can get at J's that the magnetic sheets go in (can't remember who it's by)

But I'm tired of having to flip through them all when I want a specific die or needing to remind myself what I have (plus it's really heavy).

This way I was thinking of putting the stamp in the front of the pocket and the coordinating die in the back that way they are all together and no hunting.

Just need to sit down tonight and count how many stamp sets and dies we are dealing with and place an order
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the bags, but they can be a little spendy. I did though find similar bags on-line for much cheaper - if you are interested, I bought lots as that is the way they came and would gladly sell you some. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you more details and we can figure something out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

LOVE my Avery Elle storage pockets! I use them for my stamps and I also add the coordinating dies with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Default Avery Elle storage pockets

I have 2 of these in packages that I purchased from my LSS they are priced with their sticker for $8.50 each. These wouldn't work for me so I would like to sell them if anyone is interested. $20.00 shipped. First to pm can purchase them!

Thank-you!
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

So far I'm loving these. I originally purchased for my wafer thin dies. I attached a piece of magnetic vent cover to a piece of inexpensive card stock and inserted into the pockets. I then used my label maker to label as to the name and the manufacturer. I've now branched out to using them for my stamp sets -- just getting started with that process. Again, I cut a piece of inexpensive card stock to go in the pocket and am labeling with the stamp name and manufacturer. Like a previous poster I like that I can store matching stamps and dies together. I've also used clear cd pockets for smaller dies. I store them all in a basket that I purchased from HL -- I like that I can flip through to find what I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 04:25 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

WOW, I'm amazed at how many stamps I have to move to this new storage system. Right now the are all thrown in a basket. Counted single sets and ended at 74. Didn't bother to look at my dies. Decided to order 5 pkgs from Staples. Plus they had a great deal on a labeler for $9.99 down from $35 so I sent hubby to pick that up yesterday seeing they would only hold it for the day. Now just to wait for my Avery Elle goodies to come in so I can start getting organized.

Think I'll run to BBandB this weekend to see if I can find the fridge organizer so I'm all set when everything is here.
Reply With Quote Likes